Bo'ness history - Day by day

Great work Jambo

It really is. The BU committee should be putting their hands in their pockets and treating Jambo to a night of cocaine and hookers for all his research and effort.

He’ll probably need to settle for a pint and a packet of crisps though.

1989 now and having disposed of two west clubs in previous rounds of the Junior Cup, Neilston & Ashfield, a third was added when Largs Thistle visited in round 4.  They were defeated 5-1 by this team: Kirkwood, Dunleavie, Dalton, G McLennan (Grant), McLean, Fisher, Shields, Allison, Cheape, Ewing, McLaughlan (Cowan).

Goals came from a John McLaughlan double, Russell Cheape, Eric Ewing and an Andy Dunleavie penalty.

The answer to yesterday's teaser was Sean Lynch.  John went 50-50 on it, so he's closest!

Today, I'd like to take you to a League match in 2006 against Dundee North End.  The BU's won 3-1 and three players all scored their first goals of the season.  Can you name them?

9 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

The answer to yesterday's teaser was Sean Lynch.  John went 50-50 on it, so he's closest!

Today, I'd like to take you to a League match in 2006 against Dundee North End.  The BU's won 3-1 and three players all scored their first goals of the season.  Can you name them?

Marc Antony and George O’Boyle ?

The featured match for today is a Junior Cup 5th Round match away to Arniston Rangers in 1955. The BU's came out on top 4-2 and the team was:  Ronald, Mitchell, Blackwood, Hogg, Boyd, McBlain, Scott, McMahon, Harrower, Hunter, McKeown.  

The goals came from a Billy McKeown penalty, Hugh McMahon, John Hunter and Alex Scott.

Yesterday's teaser had less responses than expected but the answers were Paul Parkin, Craig Martin & John Jeffrey.

Today we will keep with the Junior Cup theme of the main match and back in 1983, we travelled to Ayrshire to play Whitletts Victoria in a 4th Round tie.  We managed a 1-0 win.  Who scored the winner?

Yesterday's teaser had less responses than expected but the answers were Paul Parkin, Craig Martin & John Jeffrey.
Today we will keep with the Junior Cup theme of the main match and back in 1983, we travelled to Ayrshire to play Whitletts Victoria in a 4th Round tie.  We managed a 1-0 win.  Who scored the winner?
Didn't look this up. John Robertson

1 hour ago, John S said:
1 hour ago, Jambo said:

Didn't look this up. John Robertson

OMG John, you've got one wrong!

4 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Parkin came from Bonnyrigg? 

5 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

:thumsup2

Heres one for you Jambo, can you name the ex Boness player who scored four goals against them , playing for Bonnyrigg in a cup final played at Linlithgow, it was 5-0 or 5-1 and it was in the late 70's 80's,sorry i cant be more specific.

1 hour ago, imho said:

Heres one for you Jambo, can you name the ex Boness player who scored four goals against them , playing for Bonnyrigg in a cup final played at Linlithgow, it was 5-0 or 5-1 and it was in the late 70's 80's,sorry i cant be more specific.

H  Ford?  (Don't know how to  spell Hyram, Hyrom, Hyrum)..

2 hours ago, imho said:

Forgot about another centre from BU's. How about John Buckley.

2 hours ago, imho said:

I'll be honest, I couldn't tell you.  I suppose I've had tunnel-vision compiling the stats and just haven't recorded such events.

The game was the Highland Queen sponsored League Cup Final on 3rd December 1983.  Bonnyrigg won 5-1 and the BU team was: Kirkwood, Dunleavie, Breen, Robertson, Forster, Reid, Shields, Fairley, Sinnet (W Temperley), Carroll, Beaton (G Young).  The scorer for the BU's was Brian Fairley.