Bo'ness history - Day by day

Time for the teaser I was going to use today:   The BU's were scheduled to play which Scottish League side in a benefit match for John Keenan?
SFA cancelled at last moment, deeming it not a proper charity match.

Rangers?

To put you out of your misery, it was St Johnstone.  Despite the player being in hospital, with ulcers and recovering from pleurisy, the SFA didn't deem it a 'proper' charity match.  Go figure.

1994 and a trip to 2nd Division Tranent in a Fife & Lothians Cup quarter-final.  The belters were going strong that season, unlike Bo'ness but the BU's still returned home winners by 2-0.  The goals were notched by Stuart Gallagher and Stephen Martin.

The team was: Kirkwood, Dalton, Meldrum, Dunleavie, McLean, Hoggan, McLaren, Burns, Martin (Ward), Whyte (Brookfield), Gallagher

Hampden Park was the venue in 1948 for a Junior Cup semi-final replay with Shawfield, the team who had beaten Bo'ness in the Final a year before.  Reported as a game which had everything, featuring an offside goal and a missed penalty and woodwork being struck.  At the end of the day Bo'ness were worthy winners by 2-1.  The goals came from Warwick Black and Willie Wilson.

The team was: Graham, Mitchell, Keenan, Walls, Stewart, McKie, Wilson, Pinkerton, Buckley, Sproull, Black

Edited by Jambo'ness

Today's teaser might catch out a few.  This day in 2010, the BU's grabbed a 1-1 draw at Bathgate, on their way to the title.  What I want you to tell me is the five players in the Jags starting line-up that had played for, or were to sign for the BU's?

Today's teaser might catch out a few.  This day in 2010, the BU's grabbed a 1-1 draw at Bathgate, on their way to the title.  What I want you to tell me is the five players in the Jags starting line-up that had played for, or were to sign for the BU's?
Carlin, Leiper, Hunter, McLaren, Wilson?

58 minutes ago, Scuzz said:
1 hour ago, Jambo said:

Lister, signed but not registered. Plus the first 4 on Scuzz’s list.

3 hours ago, Scuzz said:
4 hours ago, Jambo said:

All but Leiper correct.  Willie Wilson played in friendlies but never a competitive match.  Hunter was their scorer that day.

2 hours ago, boheesian said:

Lister, signed but not registered. Plus the first 4 on Scuzz’s list.

On the ball today, thought that might catch you all out. :thumsup2

6 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Hampden Park was the venue in 1948 for a Junior Cup semi-final replay with Shawfield, the team who had beaten Bo'ness in the Final a year before.  Reported as a game which had everything, featuring an offside goal and a missed penalty and woodwork being struck.  At the end of the day Bo'ness were worthy winners by 2-1.  The goals came from Warwick Black and Willie Wilson.

The team was: Graham, Mitchell, Keenan, Walls, Stewart, McKie, Wilson, Pinkerton, Buckley, Sproull, Black

Here is a photo from the match.

DSCN0356.JPG

31 minutes ago, Standalone said:

Here is a photo from the match.

DSCN0356.JPG

Harry Pinkertom had been with Kilsyth the previous season and I believe giot a Scottish junior cap,  was this Arthur walls at no 4 who came to us a few years later? There does seem to be a few players in those days who played for both clubs. I suppose if they came from the Falkirk area it was fairly likely as both towns are within easy travelling distance, we certainly had a lot of players from there.

Harry Pinkerton was  capped for Sottish League ( War Time International) while playing with Falkirk FC. but not for Junior Scotland.

Alex Walls came to BU's from Fauldhouse Un. and moved to Leith Ath. So different Walls.