Bo'ness history - Day by day

3 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

I know the 67 and I'll give you the .43.  Pick up your prize at Saughton Enclosure on Saturday, a free road map to Camelon!

Don't know the way to Saughton Enclosure, Already know the way to Camelon. 

Any other free maps welcome. 

Now on to 2005 and an East of Scotland Cup first round tie at home to Lochee United.  The BU's scored an emphatic 5-1 victory over the Junior Cup semi-finalists.  The winning team was: Cairns, Smith, Russell, Cormack (Vella), Foster, Murphy, Mooney, Jeffrey (J Martin), Winning, O'Boyle, Donnelly.

The goalscorers were George O'Boyle and Jamie Winning, who both grabbed doubles and John Jeffrey.

2 hours ago, boness4ever said:

What other significant milestone occurred at Hill o Beath in the above game ??

Dave bought someone a pie?

Seriously though, I have no idea.  Is it a certain amount of wins reached in history?

2004 now and the BU's Visited Bonnyrigg Rose, looking to complete a League double for that season.  They did so in an exciting 3-2 victory.  The team was: Cairns, Smith, Dolan (Loney), Todd, Burrows, Muirhead, Mooney, Donnelly, O'Boyle, Hunter (Struthers), Jeffrey.

John Jeffrey scored twice, with Kevin Donnelly getting the other.

We go to 1970 now and a 2nd round tie in the St Michaels Cup, at home to Arniston Rangers.  The BU's triumphed 2-0 and the goals came from Dave McOwat and an Ian Wodecki penalty.

The team was: McCluskey, Simpson, Millar, Ure, Hamilton, Donnelly, Ramsay, Sneddon, Leitch, Wodecki, McOwat sub Rae

2 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

A tough teaser today.  Back in 1981, the BU's had an away tie in the Brown Cup, to Bonnybridge.  A 1-0 win was secured but at what ground?

Westfield Park (Dunipace?). I log in to this thread every morning, not just because its the most interesting one on P & B but to find out if there will ever be a game that Bo'ness actually lost!

2 hours ago, garrellburn said:

Westfield Park (Dunipace?). I log in to this thread every morning, not just because its the most interesting one on P & B but to find out if there will ever be a game that Bo'ness actually lost!

A good guess but no.  As for the daily games, there are enough wins in our history to keep me going :thumsup2  Also, some defeats not covered in great detail in paper so better to stick with the good results.

If anybody wants to know a particular result, just ask.