Bo'ness history - Day by day

The missing two from yesterday were Mark Quinn (I would have missed him too) and the number 10 was none other than Stuart Hunter!

I thought Sheep would get it when he mentioned Faddy & Hunts together at Bathgate but he never quite got it. :)

After two drawn games in the 4th Round of the Junior Cup in 1982, a third match at home to Petershill was eagerly anticipated.  Surprisingly it turned out to be a comfortable 3-0 win for the BU's.  The team was: Crooks, Robertson, Breen, Miller (Park), Finlayson, McQueen, Dunleavie, Wilson (Dunn), Wilkes, Reid, Shields.  The goals were scored by Jackie Dunn, John Wilkes & Lex Shields.

4 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

The missing two from yesterday were Mark Quinn (I would have missed him too) and the number 10 was none other than Stuart Hunter!

I thought Sheep would get it when he mentioned Faddy & Hunts together at Bathgate but he never quite got it. :)

Feck 

5 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

I didbt know quinny played with boness I knew he was at the rose 

February 21 1970 will be a day Linlithgow Rose will want to forget.  Visiting Newtown in Round 3 of the R L Rae Cup, they were sent back over the flints with a 5-1 score against them.  The team that won convincingly was : McCluskey, Simpson, McOwat, Ure, McMeechan, Donnelly, Lourie, Sneddon, Leitch, Wodecki, Martin sub Hamilton.  The star of the show was Ian Wodecki who scored a hat-trick.  Andy Leitch also scored but the goal of the game came from big Joe McMeechan, who scored with a free-kick from around 40 yards out!  Williams netted for the Rose.

3 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Question for Jambo as he is the man with all the data......How many players have played for Bo'ness United with the surname Sneddon or Snedden ?

That is a very good question Dave and I am glad you've asked it.  Officially, not including possible extra trialists, I have a list of 7.  Because the Journal is always sketchy with names, I have them all as 'Sneddon' not 'Snedden' but I'd be happy to amend if anyone can confirm.  The 7 are: 

Alan, listed as a sub in a League Cup tie with Lithgae in 1978.  Not 100% confirmed if he came on.

'A'  Sneddon, no first name recorded just the initial, who played once at Broxburn in March 1968.

John 'Bugle', who played in 3 separate spells between 1967 and 1975.

Kenny, a full-back from Winchburgh Albion who played in 1983

Dick, who signed in April 1962 after being demobbed from the army.

Robert, originally signed from Dunipace in 1961, had two spells at the clubthrough to 1965

Finally, a goalkeeper, no first name or source details, who played in June 1948 at Tranent.  We lost 6-2, he was never heard of again.

Edited by Jambo'ness