Bo'ness history - Day by day

4 hours ago, Specky said:

You put too much faith in me jambo, I have no idea as I don't pay much attention to your players. Sorry.

Was it hislop?

I think the low IQ is proven.  John gave a clue of DM and you come up with Hislop.  How?

I think the low IQ is proven.  John gave a clue of DM and you come up with Hislop.  How?
Jambo, you have no idea how far from the truth you are.

I wouldn't know who that lad is/was as never heard of him. Thot hissy was a decent effort. Thot dm was a direct message?

Oh well.

13 minutes ago, Specky said:

Jambo, you have no idea how far from the truth you are.

I wouldn't know who that lad is/was as never heard of him. Thot hissy was a decent effort. Thot dm was a direct message?

Oh well.

Hissy? In 2002? Stop digging your hole deeper, man.

9 hours ago, garrellburn said:

A question for you, probably an easy one. What three scoring records does a former player of Bo'ness hold in regard to the Scottish Junior cup?

Correct with Harry Pinkerton.

Your question may be an easy one for a Kilsyth man, but I'll have a go.

Alex Queerie. Scored four goals in the final in 1955, I think he scored them all with headers. He was the first to do so in a final at Hampden until Puscas equalled it in 1960. Scored record amount of goals in Scottish Cup run for one season. How's that for a Bo'ness man?   

For today we go back just one year and a Junior Cup 5th Round visit to Kilbirnie Ladeside and the very first competitive match between the clubs.  Trips to Ayrshire have been hazardous in the past but the BU's fully merited their 3-0 win.  The team was: Murphy, Gibb, Snowdon, Campbell, Hunter (Hoggan), Jacobs, Stevenson, Gemmell, Wright (Millar), MacKenzie (Kelly), Scott.  Will Snowdon scored a brace of penalties and Stuart Hunter got the other.

13 hours ago, Standalone said:

Correct with Harry Pinkerton.

Your question may be an easy one for a Kilsyth man, but I'll have a go.

Alex Queerie. Scored four goals in the final in 1955, I think he scored them all with headers. He was the first to do so in a final at Hampden until Puscas equalled it in 1960. Scored record amount of goals (18) in Scottish Cup run for one season. How's that for a Bo'ness man?   

Very good, the third record is that he also scored in every round of the competition. We had no byes that year so nobody could beat that although it may possibly have been equalled. It is a common misconception that all four goals were headers, one was a rather lucky knock in from close range but they all count. There is film of the final, it is on a dvd called Glory Days and it the oldest known colour footage of Hampden as it was in its full glory before its redevelopment into the rather soulless arena that it is now.

If you ever visit the museum at Hampden they will let you view it by arrangement .