Bo'ness history - Day by day

1 minute ago, boheesian said:

A lot of United supporters know how much hard work Jambo put in to this that it's disappointing  that the Website doesn't feature it.

It's not the club's fault.  The current website just wouldn't support it.  Really need a separate, bespoke site but that costs money I don't have.

11 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

What a player wee Daryl Drew was. Not the most skilful or anything like that, but a wee grafter that could go 100mph all game and always gave 100%.

Somebody told me he jogged down to training from Falkirk with his dog  done the training and jogged back with the dog poor dog 

In 1952, the BU's lined up against Whitburn in the Quarter Final of the St Michaels Cup at neutral Armadale.  On a heavy pitch the BU's ran out narrow 2-1 winners.  The team lined up: Ronald, Mitchell, Tennant, Hogg, McBlain, Neillands, McKinnon, Liddell, Stewart, Kelly, Bishop.  The goals were scored by Stewart & Charles McKinnon.

If anyone knows the forename or source of Stewart I'd be most grateful.

6 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Offt! Well you should’ve said it was 2001/2002 season instead of leading me down the garden path like that thinking it was 2002/2003! FFS!

Dale Ryan?

It's a teaser for today in 2002.  You've just not sobered up yet :lol:

And no it's not Dale either.

20 hours ago, Standalone said:

As you are enjoying this thread so much, here is question for you.

Which player played with Kilsyth ( probably in 46-47 games you refer to) came to BU's and won a Scottish Junior Cup medal the following season.

Clue, he was a Kilsyth man.

I reckon that would be Harry Pinkerton, he had come to us from Falkirk at the beginning of that season and scored 11 goals. There is no record of him being with us the following year so my first thoughts were that it might have been him. However I cheated and by looking up the Bo'ness team in the final in Tom Purdie's book of all Scottish Junior cup finals 1946-75 got conformation. I didn't know he was a Kilsyth man though.