Bo'ness history - Day by day

2 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Today in 1951 it was Junior Cup 5th Round day and a trip to Dalry Thistle ensued.  A 2-1 win was achieved with this team:  Foote, Mitchell, McKeeman, Hogg, Thomson, McKie, Dunlop, Smith, Gardiner, Steedman, Ormond.  The BU's came from behind through two goals by Willie Gardiner, the winner a penalty.

3000 travelled from Bo'ness in the crowd of 8600.  The takings were £398 at the gate.

Outside Left was Bert Ormond, brother of Gibby and Willie.

1 hour ago, Scuzz said:
2 hours ago, Jambo said:
An easy teaser today.  Who scored on his debut on this day last year?

Big Allan.

1 hour ago, John S said:
1 hour ago, Scuzz said:
Big Allan.

At Broughty

That's right.  Was not going to bother with that today but his hat-trick yesterday makes it more interesting.  After scoring just 2 in 15 games last season, he has got 8 in 22 this campaign so far.

54 minutes ago, Standalone said:

Outside Left was Bert Ormond, brother of Gibby and Willie.

You don't happen to know which club Bert came from, do you?  I have Gibby signing from Camelon Thistle in 1953.

Edited by Jambo'ness

13 minutes ago, Standalone said:

Sorry don't know that. Would imagine a local Juvenile club like Gibby.

I think Dalry was his debut for the BUs.

Thanks anyway.  Yes, Dalry was his debut.  He only went on to play 6 games in total, scoring in his final game, the winner in a 3-2 victory away to Forth Rangers.

In 1967 Sauchie were the visitors on League duty and the BU's came out on top 4-2.  The team was:  Hope, Moreland, Marshall, Thomson, King, Abel, Orr, Purden, Lumsden, McPaul, Watson.  Davy Orr scored a double and Brian Purden & Brian Watson also netted.

53 minutes ago, Scuzz said:

The boy Longridge? For those few years there were loads of players appearing for a game or two and disappearing lol.

He never actually appeared in the team.  Closest he got was as an unused sub at Arthurlie in the Scottish.

In 1955 just a fortnight after hitting double figures against Alva Albion Rangers, the sides met in the reverse League fixture at the Hillfoots and the BU's won 6-1 this time.  The line-up was:  Ronald, McBlain, Donnelly, Hogg, Boyd, Meiklejohn, Thomson, McMahon, Harrower, Hunter, McKeown.  

Goals came from a Jimmy Harrower hat-trick, John Hunter, Hugh McMahon & Billy McKeown.

Yesterday's teaser stumped everyone.  The answer was Stuart Beveridge!  No, I don't remember him either.

Today, I want to take you back to 2005 and a 2-1 win at Thornton Hibs.  The winner was scored by a player netting his very first for the club.  Who was it?

Yesterday's teaser stumped everyone.  The answer was Stuart Beveridge!  No, I don't remember him either.
Today, I want to take you back to 2005 and a 2-1 win at Thornton Hibs.  The winner was scored by a player netting his very first for the club.  Who was it?

Simon Vella?

3 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Gordon Russel ?