Bo'ness history - Day by day

Could I pick your brain and ask if you have any stats on my cousin's late husband, Davie Thomson during his spell with you.
Davie was on BU's books late 50's, I think signed from Bothkennar.
He signed for Dunfermline, played and scored in the Pars victory over Celtic in the replay of the 1960-61 Scottish Cup Final. He then moved on to Leicester City, Queen of the South, Berwick Rangers, returned to junior footie with LRFC and a short spell at what was then called New Blackburn.
Thank you.

Hi, is this the same Davie that stayed in Skinflats?

Another Junior Cup 5th Round tie and this time it's 1947 and the opponents are a name from the past, Dennistoun Waverley.

Haggshill Park saw a record 10,000 crowd and many 'fans' scaled the barricades after the gates were closed and police had to be called to restore order.

The BU's won there 5-2 with this side:  Stanners, W. Mitchell, Brash, Paton, Stewart, McKie, McGowan, Dickson, Anderson, Pryde, McLean.  Goals came from a John McGowan penalty, a Jim McLean double, James Anderson and Willie Dickson.

10 hours ago, Wums21 said:
On 03/02/2019 at 18:46, Ronson said:
Could I pick your brain and ask if you have any stats on my cousin's late husband, Davie Thomson during his spell with you.
Davie was on BU's books late 50's, I think signed from Bothkennar.
He signed for Dunfermline, played and scored in the Pars victory over Celtic in the replay of the 1960-61 Scottish Cup Final. He then moved on to Leicester City, Queen of the South, Berwick Rangers, returned to junior footie with LRFC and a short spell at what was then called New Blackburn.
Thank you.

Hi, is this the same Davie that stayed in Skinflats?

Yes  it is.

We go back to 1946 now and a League match at home to Newtongrange Star.  The sides had already met four times in the East of Scotland Cup.  This time, the BU's swept the Star away 7-2.  The team was:  Bennie, Monaghan, Speakman, Gardner, Liddle, Brash, McGowan, McKay, McLean, Trialist, O'Hagan and the scorers were Jim McLean (2), Francis O'Hagan (2), Willie Brash,Trialist & John McGowan.

The Trialist was most likely former Cadora player Bill Pryde, who scored a double as a trialist the following week before fully signing.

On 06/01/2019 at 19:15, Jambo'ness said:

Eric signed in March 1971 after scoring as a trialist in a 4-0 home win over Bathgate.  He left for Kilsyth at the end of the 73/4 season.

On 11/01/2019 at 06:32, Jambo'ness said:

For the 11th we go back to 1947 and the opponents were another team no longer around.  This time Thorntree United were defeated 8-1 at Newtown.  The side was; Bennie, W. Mitchell, Keenan, Paton, Stewart, Brash, Markie, McGowan, Anderson, McKie, McLean  The goals came from James Anderson (2), John McGowan (4), John McKie and Charlie Markie.

More recently, in 2014 The BU's travelled to Armadale and won 7-0 with seven different scorers, Steve Hislop, Stuart Hunter, Tony Jaconelli, Nicky Walker, Darren Gribben, Zander Miller and Kieran Anderson.

Met Eric Sinclair tonight said his trial game for Boness  was not against Bathgate , he said it was against Sauchie at there old pitch ,him and Jake Zellman were on trial from Dunipace Thistle he's not sure if Jake started the game or not ,only player was a player Hamilton who played that day.

Met Eric Sinclair tonight said his trial game for Boness  was not against Bathgate , he said it was against Sauchie at there old pitch ,him and Jake Zellman were on trial from Dunipace Thistle he's not sure if Jake started the game or not ,only player was a player Hamilton who played that day.

Is that the same Eric Sinclair who went on to play for Dundee in the late 70’s/early 80’s?

Today in 1951 it was Junior Cup 5th Round day and a trip to Dalry Thistle ensued.  A 2-1 win was achieved with this team:  Foote, Mitchell, McKeeman, Hogg, Thomson, McKie, Dunlop, Smith, Gardiner, Steedman, Ormond.  The BU's came from behind through two goals by Willie Gardiner, the winner a penalty.

3000 travelled from Bo'ness in the crowd of 8600.  The takings were £398 at the gate.

7 hours ago, desmond tutu said:

Thanks for the info.  The Sauchie game was on January 16th 1971 and my records had an unnamed trialist at number 7.  As the Journal was sketchy over subs in those days, I don't have Jake as coming on.  Ian Hamilton was a half-back who was the regular at the time but displaced by Jake towards the end of the season.

Eric didn't appear again, as far as I know until the Bathgate game 2 months later, when the Journal said he was a trialist.

Thanks again, every bit helps to complete the picture.