Lower League Pantomime Villians

I would say Bobby Barr but he's not really a villain on the field he's really just an reprehensible wee cuntbag after a goal has been scored against one of his growing list of ex-teams, but does absolutely nothing during a game to actually warrant the title!!!

Robbie Raeside was one for years against us until we finally got a few players who finally put him in his place, after years of bossing around our young players (it was all we could afford then) but after having a bit of money injected into the playing budget and gaining players with a bit of experience watching the likes of Kevin Fotheringham and Steven Tweed repeatedly take turns on showing him who was the daddy was most pleasing!!!

Tbh apart from a brief experiment with "Spider" Ramsey we've never really went in for that type of player since the days of Wullie Broon, after all once you've had the best anything after is usually a letdown!!!

IMG_0151.jpg.8f3cb8c51824a439d6788e75feadda87.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would say Bobby Barr but he's not really a villain on the field he's really just an reprehensible wee cuntbag after a goal has been scored against one of his growing list of ex-teams, but does absolutely nothing during a gametophyte warrant the title!!!
Robbie Raeside was one for years against us until we finally got a few players who finally put him in his place, after years of bossing around our young players (it was all we could afford then) watching Kevin Fotheringham and Steven Tweed repeatedly take turns on showing him who was the daddy was most pleasing!!!
Tbh apart from a brief experiment with "Spider" Ramsey we've never really went in for that type of player since the days of Wullie Broon, after all once you've had the best anything after is usually a letdown!!!
IMG_0151.jpg.8f3cb8c51824a439d6788e75feadda87.jpg

I loved Fozzy when he was with us, he was as mad as a hoose but was also a bit of a baller when he was in the mood.

Found the gravitational pull of the ground so strong he’d be falling down if the match was played on the moon!
Aye, but every team in the league at that time would have loved to have had him

Lovering at Airdrie was a real hate figure to opposing fans. I remember a game at Glebe Park where we gave him stick throughout the game and he replied with some obscenities towards us. Late in the game (with Brechin leading), Airdrie were awarded a penalty. Lovering went up to take it and we were prepared for a GITRUY from him. We had given him plenty and were prepared to take it. He missed the penalty and immediately swapped from left back to right back and never came near us on the Hedge side the rest of the game. We need more characters like that. At wee grounds like ours we can give and take abuse and love the games.

Bobby Barr, an absolute fanny of a boy! Hes done well to make money playing football, very average footballer at best who simply likes to wind folk up! Talking about big Chris Templeman, probably one of the best players I've seen playing in the lower leagues, if that boy could run he would have played at a much higher level!

Lovering at Airdrie was a real hate figure to opposing fans. I remember a game at Glebe Park where we gave him stick throughout the game and he replied with some obscenities towards us. Late in the game (with Brechin leading), Airdrie were awarded a penalty. Lovering went up to take it and we were prepared for a GITRUY from him. We had given him plenty and were prepared to take it. He missed the penalty and immediately swapped from left back to right back and never came near us on the Hedge side the rest of the game. We need more characters like that. At wee grounds like ours we can give and take abuse and love the games.
Lovering is a great shout, I despised him.

Him getting Tony Wallace'd in the playoff final is one of my fondest memories of the last decade. Running around acting the hard man only to get absolutely flattened by a young Wallace. Not a whimper was a heard after that.

Last I heard he was managing Benburb and was well known for acting like an absolute arse in the dugout.

Dick Campbell.  He just can't help himself .  His ego knows no boundaries.   .................Quite a good singer though !! [emoji6]
When he wasn't our manager he was a p***k, now he is our manager, he's a legend, fine margins and all that

16 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Lovering is a great shout, I despised him.

Him getting Tony Wallace'd in the playoff final is one of my fondest memories of the last decade. Running around acting the hard man only to get absolutely flattened by a young Wallace. Not a whimper was a heard after that.

Last I heard he was managing Benburb and was well known for acting like an absolute arse in the dugout.

I was at a Benburb game last year, and was stood round the dugout side. They were winning 2-0 up until the last ten minutes when St Rochs (iirc) got one back. The ball went out of play over by where I was so I went to quickly get it back, and Lovering was hollering over telling me to waste as much time as possible. 

I'd love to say I reacted in some sort of cool way, but I practically soiled myself and took forever to return it.

Joke was on him though. Whoever they were playing got a penalty in about the fifth minute of injury time and drew :lol:

21 minutes ago, ecto said:
36 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:
Dick Campbell.  He just can't help himself .  His ego knows no boundaries.   .................Quite a good singer though !! emoji6.png

When he wasn't our manager he was a p***k, now he is our manager, he's a legend, fine margins and all that

Aye we would probably have him back in a minute given the chance.  :lol:

Archived