Lower League Pantomime Villians

Can Hardly remember sanny being "unstable" at Montrose when he was their far from it to be fair.Templeman will go down as a lower league legend and a Montrose one!Albeit a wee bit slower than previous club's he had been at but sp knew how to play the big guy.
What I'll remember from big Temps stint at Montrose is his jinky feet and hold up play, yet to see someone better who can control the ball like he did ,feet ,head,chest,arse it stuck to him like glue. All round top guy also...All hail Sir Christopher Templeman!

You view will be tainted by the fact he played for you, he never played for us only against, also never ever said he wasn't a decent player or did I say he was not a good guy, only an observation he spent quite a bit of time on his arse

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ecto said:

You view will be tainted by the fact he played for you, he never played for us only against, also never ever said he wasn't a decent player or did I say he was not a good guy, only an observation he spent quite a bit of time on his arse

He was outstanding at backing into defenders and then going down. It drove me absolutely crazy. That was in his Forfar days though, so I don't know if things changed when he moved to Montrose.

Can't believe we've got this far into the thread without someone mentioning Josh Falkingham. A tremendous player, and a guy I always hoped I'd see in a Sons shirt, but my God was he good at riling people. Sly challenges, diving, wee kicks off the ball, always on at the ref. He had it all. Unlike Templeman (and a few others on this thread) he looked to get opposition players seething every week too. 

I wish he'd played for us.

He was outstanding at backing into defenders and then going down. It drove me absolutely crazy. That was in his Forfar days though, so I don't know if things changed when he moved to Montrose.
Can't believe we've got this far into the thread without someone mentioning Josh Falkingham. A tremendous player, and a guy I always hoped I'd see in a Sons shirt, but my God was he good at riling people. Sly challenges, diving, wee kicks off the ball, always on at the ref. He had it all. Unlike Templeman (and a few others on this thread) he looked to get opposition players seething every week too. 
I wish he'd played for us.

Wee Josh is a legend to us, the game against yous when Kev Nicholl went to cut him in half, missed, by Josh jumping out of the way, your manager running down the touch line almost clothes lined by Stewart Petrie, oh and Kev got a straight red, scenes

7 minutes ago, ecto said:

Wee Josh is a legend to us, the game against yous when Kev Nicholl went to cut him in half, missed, by Josh jumping out of the way, your manager running down the touch line almost clothes lined by Stewart Petrie, oh and Kev got a straight red, scenes

:lol:

Kevin Nicoll absolutely hated him. I remember Falkingham basically hanging onto Nicoll as he charged about midfield looking for folk to smash during the playoff semi-final. I thought he was going to do him some serious damage :lol:

:lol:
Kevin Nicoll absolutely hated him. I remember Falkingham basically hanging onto Nicoll as he charged about midfield looking for folk to smash during the playoff semi-final. I thought he was going to do him some serious damage :lol:

Loved Kev at Gayfield, but that day wee Josh done him like a kipper, how he managed to miss him right on the touch line is still a mystery to me

Dods was another who could rile up players. McAllister seeing red against Forfar whilst being completely duped into lashing out is one I recall clearly.
Dods had a massive grin on his face as McAllister went into a childlike meltdown.

Hardly seen him on his arse in a Mo top to be honest ,that was the only point I was trying to put across.

Hardly seen him on his arse in a Mo top to be honest ,that was the only point I was trying to put across.

And the point I was making was fans always see players who play for their team differently, than players from opposing teams, just a fact

And the point I was making was fans always see players who play for their team differently, than players from opposing teams, just a fact
Yeah your right their 100%.But your original point was Sanny was always on his arse and unstable on his feet!

Josh Falkingham is a wee dick, absolutely despised him. 

RoversPars17nov12.jpg

Totally worth the red card. In the aftermath, more than a few people on here claimed that the Police told the referee to send Hill off or they'd arrest him. :lol: Alas, Dougie's arrest would arrive later and in less salubrious circumstances. 

Note also "Scotland's number one Sunday paper" making a fundamental error above. 

There's also an excellent gif of Falkingham being floored by Jamie Adams, and also the Dunfermline highlights from a game against Stranraer (I think), where Stranraer get three players sent off for kicking the shit out of him. Great viewing. 

I think the wee p***k certainly encapsulates the spirit of this thread. 

Yeah your right their 100%.But your original point was Sanny was always on his arse and unstable on his feet!

Does it take much practice to be this obtuse

On 02/01/2019 at 22:13, Michael W said:

There's also an excellent gif of Falkingham being floored by Jamie Adams, and also the Dunfermline highlights from a game against Stranraer (I think), where Stranraer get three players sent off for kicking the shit out of him. Great viewing. 

You might be thinking of Peterhead. I'm pretty sure one of them was ex-Blues man Steven Noble.

Archived