Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
StarBlue1971

Newtongrange Star

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, RobM said:

Still as they were saying at the time it's going to be difficult getting players in when you don't pay them on time and as promised.

As was said back then players talk to each other, word gets around.

 

They don't need to talk to each other now.  That resignation letter would tell any player all they need to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very sad to see any team struggling hope everything works out for them great rivals great set up would hate to see their demise good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Demise' Cookieboy, were did that come from?  Our issue is not about going out the box buddy, if our issue is resolved it would catapult the Star into a higher level.

Watch this space for the outcome of the E.G.M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nittenrab said:

'Demise' Cookieboy, were did that come from?  Our issue is not about going out the box buddy, if our issue is resolved it would catapult the Star into a higher level.

Watch this space for the outcome of the E.G.M.

So the prospective new owner is back on the scene?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

So the prospective new owner is back on the scene?

Yes it's on the club  Facebook page - I'm not well versed in how these things work - but how do you buy a club that isn't owned by anyone - other than paying the debts and possibly a nominal fee into the club accounts?  Which you'd then be in charge of?   Hopefully the guy pulls it out the bag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes it's on the club  Facebook page - I'm not well versed in how these things work - but how do you buy a club that isn't owned by anyone - other than paying the debts and possibly a nominal fee into the club accounts?  Which you'd then be in charge of?   Hopefully the guy pulls it out the bag.
Not an expert either, I guess the owners are the members of the football club each with an equal "share", they can then "sell" control to an individual who presumably forms a Ltd company to "buy" and run the club. Something like that anyway.

Either way I'm not sure I'd want to see that happen to my club, it rarely ends well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nittenrab said:

'Demise' Cookieboy, were did that come from?  Our issue is not about going out the box buddy, if our issue is resolved it would catapult the Star into a higher level.

Watch this space for the outcome of the E.G.M.

Reading the resignation letter I took it the manager was intimated that

It’s already been discussed about one person ownership never seen a good outcome yet but always a first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stevie intimated that the club structure was wrong but never said the demise of Newtongrange Star F.C. If the offer is never taken up , the Star will always survive in some shape or form. The pyramid has put new financial pressures on the big clubs that was never really there in the Juniors. Improve your facilities, pay more for the better players etc , so some club systems/structures  are going to be tested, for the best mind you.  Your correct in that one man ownership has been bad in the past, Ballingry Rovers etc, but it's working so far at Kelty Hearts. It's a fairly new concept the one man ownership at this level of football in Scotland but it maybe the norm in years to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

So the prospective new owner is back on the scene?

He's never really been away Burnie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Nittenrab said:

Stevie intimated that the club structure was wrong but never said the demise of Newtongrange Star F.C. If the offer is never taken up , the Star will always survive in some shape or form. The pyramid has put new financial pressures on the big clubs that was never really there in the Juniors. Improve your facilities, pay more for the better players etc , so some club systems/structures  are going to be tested, for the best mind you.  Your correct in that one man ownership has been bad in the past, Ballingry Rovers etc, but it's working so far at Kelty Hearts. It's a fairly new concept the one man ownership at this level of football in Scotland but it maybe the norm in years to come.

Fair points, and things evolve.  However does the "money man" at Kelty not just sponsor the club and is also part of the committee, rather than actually owning it and having sole say in how it's run?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Fair points, and things evolve.  However does the "money man" at Kelty not just sponsor the club and is also part of the committee, rather than actually owning it and having sole say in how it's run?

What if this guy wants to put his money in and then says he has a right to have control in managing the team as well. Lots of managers may come and go as they become unhappy with lack of control he has. 

I think you need to have a group of office bearers and committee, prepared to work with each other and back / support the manager and coaches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

What if this guy wants to put his money in and then says he has a right to have control in managing the team as well. Lots of managers may come and go as they become unhappy with lack of control he has. 

I think you need to have a group of office bearers and committee, prepared to work with each other and back / support the manager and coaches. 

Agree, I wouldn't hand over the keys to the football club without checks and controls in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly doesn't appear to be a unanimous view that this is going to catapult the club the right way here, stretched themselves too hard at the moment  it would appear.  Not really a strong position to take a vote on the future of the club when any option is going to look attractive to the present.

Willing to take your chances between it going 'Kelty' or 'Ballingry' though is entirely Nitten's pereogative, just doesn't seem to be for the best of reasons.

Edited by RobM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RobM said:

Certainly doesn't appear to be a unanimous view that this is going to catapult the club the right way here, stretched themselves too hard at the moment  it would appear.  Not really a strong position to take a vote on the future of the club when any option is going to look attractive to the present.

Willing to take your chances between it going 'Kelty' or 'Ballingry' though is entirely Nitten's pereogative, just doesn't seem to be for the best of reasons.

Your first point is spot on  

Your second is a massive decision let’s hope they make the correct one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 18:45, RobM said:

Certainly doesn't appear to be a unanimous view that this is going to catapult the club the right way here, stretched themselves too hard at the moment  it would appear.  Not really a strong position to take a vote on the future of the club when any option is going to look attractive to the present.

Willing to take your chances between it going 'Kelty' or 'Ballingry' though is entirely Nitten's pereogative, just doesn't seem to be for the best of reasons.

Wish whoever is running the place all the best. 

I have to applaud the current committee - not only for the hard work to keep the place afloat that has been going on for years but also the speed at which they have completed all the interviews in just 2 working days to appoint the best people to take the club forward on the pitch.

What a effort.

Rob, we were looking for you yesterday, you may have been in Tweedmouth or we couldn't see you. Hope all is well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, The Faceman said:

Wish whoever is running the place all the best. 

I have to applaud the current committee - not only for the hard work to keep the place afloat that has been going on for years but also the speed at which they have completed all the interviews in just 2 working days to appoint the best people to take the club forward on the pitch.

What a effort.

Rob, we were looking for you yesterday, you may have been in Tweedmouth or we couldn't see you. Hope all is well

who have they appointed like.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colin Affleck and Jamie Birrell were appointed yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/01/2019 at 17:00, The Faceman said:

Wish whoever is running the place all the best. 

I have to applaud the current committee - not only for the hard work to keep the place afloat that has been going on for years but also the speed at which they have completed all the interviews in just 2 working days to appoint the best people to take the club forward on the pitch.

What a effort.

Rob, we were looking for you yesterday, you may have been in Tweedmouth or we couldn't see you. Hope all is well

Heh heh,   At the game Ryan, about halfway towards the left hand goal, the one nearest the entrance.  With Pedro.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry meant to say as well that although there's an irony that Nitten are having exactly the same difficulties they were willing to talk about The Burgh having all over here last year but do hope that they make the right choices with regard to new ownership/routes forward for the club.

Much rather that if they're having difficulties then it happens in a game against us, no desire to see any serious issues away from football affecting the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...