Newtongrange Star

always get a guid welcome when a go tae nitten - the pitch is top drawer - spotless toilets - quality pie hut - a crackin wee club fir a few haufs n the fellah oan the mike fae bdfm is sum machine tae - all in all a great set up - long may this club continue- done a few under 20s games oan a Friday night - n they hosted a guid few amateur cup finals last season too - so ad like to wish everyone associated wae this club awe the very best for the rest o the season - get things back oan an even keel - b oan lads

Spoiler

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 09:58, Nittenrab said:

'Demise' Cookieboy, were did that come from?  Our issue is not about going out the box buddy, if our issue is resolved it would catapult the Star into a higher level.

Watch this space for the outcome of the E.G.M.

spot on post - nitten have a crackin set up and always have been a big club - and the ambition is there without a doubt

• 3 weeks later...

"The committee of Newtongrange Star have decided that the issuing of new club memberships will remain suspended until after the AGM in May. The committee have made this decision so that the Club can focus on pursuing the actions discussed at the EGM on 5th February regarding the Club's future direction".

On 22/01/2019 at 19:42, brycey said:

always get a guid welcome when a go tae nitten - the pitch is top drawer - spotless toilets - quality pie hut - a crackin wee club fir a few haufs n the fellah oan the mike fae bdfm is sum machine tae - all in all a great set up - long may this club continue- done a few under 20s games oan a Friday night - n they hosted a guid few amateur cup finals last season too - so ad like to wish everyone associated wae this club awe the very best for the rest o the season - get things back oan an even keel - b oan lads

Reveal hidden contents

are you going to make a rare appearance at Olivebank today Bryce? Your team against mine? 

Newtongrange Star would like to announce that co-managers Colin Affleck and Jamie Burrell have departed the Club. The Club would like to thank them for their efforts during the recent transitional phase and would like to wish them best wishes for the future. The Club will announce a permanent appointment to the manager's position in due course.

5 minutes ago, Nittenrab said:

Newtongrange Star would like to announce that co-managers Colin Affleck and Jamie Burrell have departed the Club. The Club would like to thank them for their efforts during the recent transitional phase and would like to wish them best wishes for the future. The Club will announce a permanent appointment to the manager's position in due course.

So that went well! 

Thought at the time that the announcement seemed too soon after the previous management team left the building! Maybe the door has been opened again? 

Maybe brycey and the face man will put their hats into the ring. Bryce watches at least 4 ammature matches each weekend so he is bound to know guys who could walk into the team. The faceman has been here and there long enough to join forces; but who would be in charge between the two of them. My money is on the brycey man!

On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 18:19, Casey Jones said:

So that went well! 

Thought at the time that the announcement seemed too soon after the previous management team left the building! Maybe the door has been opened again? 

Maybe brycey and the face man will put their hats into the ring. Bryce watches at least 4 ammature matches each weekend so he is bound to know guys who could walk into the team. The faceman has been here and there long enough to join forces; but who would be in charge between the two of them. My money is on the brycey man!

Brycey man pictured turning his hand to linesmaning so he may decline

Would be a great job for anyone to take on as there is an outstanding bunch of players there as you found out on your last visit. 

However as you equally would have noted last week an experienced manager or someone who knows something about football is also needed to give these players tictacs. Sorry tactics. - that rules me out.

Although I do know never to give up and keep attacking teams - that's the difference between McLeish, Shand, Harvey etc and the rest.

The only other thing I hope the Committee do is give whoever is appointed a year and a half or 2 and a half year contract. 

See clubs that give managers the job to the end of the season - does my tits in

yes, announced earlier this evening.

Archived