Peterhead v Clyde

12 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

I see the education system has failed you. 

I repeat, what IS your excuse for still being shite, especially having experienced a higher stature? It doesn't seem to bother many of you very much. 

As a club, a town and a people, i think it says a lot about you that having pops at us is what soothes the pain. 

McInally. :(

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

... We know why we've been shite and stuck here for nine years, what's Peterhead's excuse?

15 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

I see the education system has failed you. 

I repeat, what IS your excuse for still being shite, especially having experienced a higher stature? It doesn't seem to bother many of you very much. 

As a club, a town and a people, i think it says a lot about you that having pops at us is what soothes the pain. 

The state of this min, telling someone about their educational failings whilst proving their own. 

Do you realise that the question you have "repeated" isn't the same as the original question?   So which question to you want me to answer?  I suppose they can both be addressed with this:

20140412_165236.thumb.jpg.645cf6c951b87540d288bec68466fca3.jpg

Not quite a shite as Clyde does me.

17 hours ago, strichener said:

The state of this min, telling someone about their educational failings whilst proving their own. 

Do you realise that the question you have "repeated" isn't the same as the original question?   So which question to you want me to answer?  I suppose they can both be addressed with this:

Er, the question seems straightforward. WHY. ARE. PETERHEAD. STILL. SLUMMING. IT. WITH. YOUR. DISPOSABLE. RESOURCES.? 

I genuinely don't see what two of the three Angus clubs in the L1 top-six have, that Peterhead do not. 

18 hours ago, strichener said:

The amount of disrespect McInally is showing here is fucking ridiculous. All that for a 3-1 win. 

43 minutes ago, peternapper said:

And of course the fact that we had won the league title that afternoon

But what really was the point in doing so? You hardly made a concerted effort to reach the heights Arbroath, Forfar and even Montrose have done since. Seems just a waste of everyone's time Peterhead even bothering, tbh. 

On 1/13/2019 at 10:15, Officer Barbrady said:

Er, the question seems straightforward. WHY. ARE. PETERHEAD. STILL. SLUMMING. IT. WITH. YOUR. DISPOSABLE. RESOURCES.? 

I genuinely don't see what two of the three Angus clubs in the L1 top-six have, that Peterhead do not. 

The question is obviously not that straightforward or you would have at least been able to be consistent in what you are asking.  Three times you have now posted and three times your question has been different.. :rolleyes:

Peterhead first came into the league in year 2000/2001 and finished with a respectable 5th place in the old Third Division which is as low as we have ever placed.  Clyde finished the in the same 5th place in the First Division.  

In the last 9 years that you quoted in the first version of your question, Peterhead have finished above Clyde in the league system in 9/9 years.  During this time we have been out of the bottom division for more than half that time whilst Clyde were in the process of being relegated from the old Division 2 and have never seen the likes again.  Makes your first question "We know why we've been shite and stuck here for nine years, what's Peterhead's excuse? " look rather silly.

The resources issue is a complete red-herring as our most successful period in the league was 2004 to 2009 when we were promoted to Division 2 and made the play-offs multiple times without "resources".   If the question was should we have achieved more then the answer is yes but to question why we have been shite for nine years from a Clyde fan is just taking the piss.

On 1/12/2019 at 19:57, Officer Barbrady said:

He gets it, Strichener. 

No he doesn't get it.  If you are looking to blame the manager for the lack of success then you are wrong.  For sure he has a role to play and his loyalty to individuals, liking a small squad, adversion to playing local youngsters and making some dodgy signings has certainly played a part but is by no means the only reason.  I remember how the club was run back when we were admitted to the SFL and there is as much blame to be put off the pitch as on it.  We have a board that outwardly appears to only want to run a first team of bought in talent and invests far too little into the development of local players or providing a means to progress into our first team.  I am not sure if it is still the case but we used to have an under-18s team based in Glasgow FFS.  There is no way that the manager was entirely responsible for a setup like this.

Archived