Peterhead v Clyde

26 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

Jim’s taking it well...

We can all expect dignified silence after every victory from this day forward for all when beaten by Peterhead. Thought he was coming across well too and then he got a bit childish at the end.

IMG_1959.jpg

What a knob. What does he expect after turning a game round in the last 5 minutes in a ‘must win’ game. 

Great to hear that we were overrunning them though and he clearly didn’t know what to do to stop it. 

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lennon actually apologised for the celebrations. I wouldn’t have, it’s professional football and we won the game in last 5 mins and clawed our way back into the league challenge. What does he expect?

Time these guys grew up Fecken snowflake!

13 hours ago, sydney said:

Sorry, just seen someone else saying 60.  Christ, thought there would be more than that. That’s because people like me don’t travel ! Plastic that I am ! 

Maybe bear in mind Syd, just after Xmas, most aren't exactly "flush" and it's not an inconsiderable cost going up there, so it was still a good turnout

That was a great result for us yesterday.  This time last year Danny took the attitude that every game was a "must win" and it'd be an idea to do the same now.  I expect Peterhead will bounce back quickly from this and have been very consistent, I'd be surprised if they dropped many points.  Whether they do or not, better to assume they won't to keep the pressure on.

I know the focus is always on DL, but wouldn't underestimate the contribution by AM.  Both could easily manage at a higher level, so we're pretty lucky to have them, never mind as a management team.   Hopefully Dylan's injury isn't too bad and I'd also be interested to know Love's goals / appearances ratio, must be up there.   Anyway, we're back in the mix.  Keep it going lads, starting next week with a tricky down at Berwick. 

Lennon actually apologised for the celebrations. I wouldn’t have, it’s professional football and we won the game in last 5 mins and clawed our way back into the league challenge. What does he expect?
Time these guys grew up Fecken snowflake!
I hope we left the dugout a mess too.

McNally going on about respect
You hear this at times in football what a load of old tosh
So as ever team does claim for corners throw ins you know are for your team as it was you who kicked the ball out , diving for penalties the list is endless is all that showing respect for your fellow professional? Hope the players ripped the piss out of it after the game, just as I would expect any team to do at broadwood, and if Lennon apologised then he is as stupid as McNally in this case
Terrific win and hope all the players and fans had a great trip down the road [emoji106]

Looked like a smashin day out...well done to the guys who made the trip. 

Some observations & points now the vid is up.

1.The referee looked typically inconsistent and blind to the home side's barging and pulling.  2.Peterhead looked a less polished team than when they bullied us at Broadwood a couple of months back. 3.We looked a more physically robust pack than we have recently. 4.We played some clever football but were willing to be direct when required. 5.Their goal was a comedy of errors and not all the blame should be aimed away from Currie. 6.We seemed to have some vociferous and voluminous fans who positioned themself particularly close to the person recoding the game. 7.Was this a Clyde recording rather than one provided by the hosts? 8.The P/ heid fan makes a fair point...following them away from home shows super commitment. 

Didn't make the game but watching the highlights Clyde were worthy winners. 

What has changed? A genuine left back allowing Grant into CM at the expense of Nicol? Looks like Goodwillie was unlucky again yesterday could have had a brace but for two good saves..

Ally Love must be pushing for a start also

What a complete plamf McInally is. 

Cfcuk gets it right, they (all footballers) spend 90 minutes kicking shit out of opponents, hands-up for EVERY decision without fail, they dive, handle and on occasion don't even bother their arse trying if they want the manager sacked. 

McInally is lucky to be avoiding that last one, as his team are fully functional in all the other named aspects. 

There's also the small matter that as a club, Clyde are not the most welcome at anyone's door (especially not now as we usually leave with three points) but we've more than got used to opposition players exhuberance when playing us, because we're a proper team and we're bloody grown-ups. 

34 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:

Didn't make the game but watching the highlights Clyde were worthy winners. 

What has changed? A genuine left back allowing Grant into CM at the expense of Nicol? Looks like Goodwillie was unlucky again yesterday could have had a brace but for two good saves..

Ally Love must be pushing for a start also

I've been impressed by Ally in his role as an impact sub. When he 's on from the start he seems to fade out of games.

I'd prefer to see him continue as our Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for the time being.

Whether or not he is happy to do this might be a different story.

Right , Now ive calmed down and slept off an 7-8hr drive here my's view of the yday.

Firstly a deserved 3 points and even if we had drawn i would have went home quite dis.appointed with the amount of possesion we had in particular 2nd half...

Both halfs i felt we controlled the game but very wasteful in the final 1/3rd with over hit or under passes,Taking too long to make a decision and several very good oppurinities to score from Goodwille (1st half) & Lamont and Mcstay (2nd Half)...

Personally cant remember the last time we controlled a game so much in this league but as usual we shoot ourselves in the foot with a gift of a goal per video...

To our teams credit no heads ever went down,Subs made a huge impact and really felt it was a game if we scored one we would have scored two but as clock ticked down just felt it could be one of those days...

The Last 5 mins was something that will live with me forever and dont think ive ever experianced such emotion at FT as i did yesterday in 30years going Home and Away...

Feel were hitting form at just the right time and the other two must be worried on our form and espicially on the back of our outstanding performance yday..

Finally if we can fix our final 1/3rd decisions and not pick up any more injuries this might just be OUR year...

Foreva n Eva

We were in hospitality yesterday through our supporters club, as it turned out shared a table with two Clyde supporters that were guests of a company in Aberdeen apart from the result had a fine day. 

Presume if there was winding up going on after the game it must have been in the tunnel or dressing room areas. As is the case after games players from both teams get a proper feed in the upstairs lounge that has been made for them (not like most clubs that maybe hand out a few left over pies to visiting sides) in fact when Danny Lennon came past he had a quick word with myself & the Clyde couple sitting with us & mentioned that the hospitality at Peterhead set the standard of what in an ideal world clubs should strive for.  

The writing was on the wall before the game yesterday, I had the wife with me "she is a Jonah"  The manager of the month award is usually the kiss of death for the next game. 

Is Goodwillie the Clyde captain if so its unusual to have two centre forwards in that role. I said as soon as he appeared off the bench that Love always scores against us & seems to done whoever he plays for unfortunately he obliged. Biggest surprize was hearing a Peterhead supporter urging Clyde to score again as he had them on to win 3-1 at 50-1

So- he finally got his chance at CB.

After willingly playing in unfamiliar roles for the Club- I gather he took his opportunity  and delivered a big performance.

Wasn’t there, but have only seen and heard words used like “ magnificent” “impressive” and “ outstanding”.

Sad that it took Dylan to get injured- but that’s football.

To keep McAllister off the score sheet on his own patch,  to the point of him being subbed- ( did he have to find his way out of Tom’s pocket to get to the tunnel?) and then to take care of Mclean- coming on with fresh legs and loose elbow... all credit to him and Danny must now have selection issues when Martin and Dylan are fit again.

Fantastic to have reduced the gap from 11 to 5 in 2 weeks- and massive credit to all Clyde supporters making the trip up.

A really positive change is happening right before our eyes and it’s coming from the top.

23 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

So we get a chance to see what Lang is like at CH then?

If we don’t get something from this match then have to hope Peterhead win league.  Much more chance of taking on Edinburgh in playoffs. We never do anything against Peterhead 

...... and?

Archived