Peterhead v Clyde

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cogill has had strapping on the outside of his leg since Elgin away. Obviously went off v Berwick as well. Looked like that leg so possibly the same injury acting up. Lang did very well and whilst Linlithgow suggested it, today proved he is 100% a centre back. With Rumsby excellent since getting back into the team that area of the team is looking like there's good competition. 

8 minutes ago, sydney said:

How many Clyde fans travelled ? Respect to anyone who travels that distance btw. Done it years ago myself but not for a while now. 

Not great at judging these things.  Maybe about 60, but when our second goal went in, sounded like 500!:thumsup2

Just home. Struggling to put into words the emotions at 1-1 & Of course at 1-2. Huge win that our performance completely deserved...

Dominated the game that much it looked like two teams from different league,Honest n sober truth!!..

Add some more tomorrow but in terms of our support one of the boys next to me said he counted 60ish. We were all together in stand opposite social club which i felt made a huge difference as oppose to one of these grounds you cam be scattered around

Perfect day out. 
There were long periods of really good football and in spite of the frustration of gifting them a goal  the comeback was always on.
The only thing we need to improve on is a bit more composure  in the final third, but that will come.
Really difficult picking a man of the match from this one.

Oh, and what a difference the  nearly complete bypass makes. Balmoor to Livingston  with a comfort stop at Kinross Services - 3 hours flat, staying legal. I reckon another 10 minutes off that when it's joined up.
Great to hear about the bypass

39 minutes ago, sydney said:

How many Clyde fans travelled ? Respect to anyone who travels that distance btw. Done it years ago myself but not for a while now. 

At the end there looked loads but I’d say about 40 odd. The reaction of the players at the end made everything worthwhile. For all the shit we have been in, to have a team react and to us as that is what I’ve wanted for 20 years. Mark Lamont is fast becoming one of my favourite players ever. A fucking gem of a guy and player. 

FTOF.

9 hours ago, blueone said:

Banker Clyde win then. :(

49158446_10157978471688998_6358417048405540864_o.jpg

Sometimes I hate being right. :(

McInally trying to hold on and defending way too deep in the second half. Was only a matter of time for Clyde and deservedly so.

Three horse title race again.

33 minutes ago, Karpaty said:

At the end there looked loads but I’d say about 40 odd. The reaction of the players at the end made everything worthwhile. For all the shit we have been in, to have a team react and to us as that is what I’ve wanted for 20 years. Mark Lamont is fast becoming one of my favourite players ever. A fucking gem of a guy and player. 

FTOF.

40 travelling fans !! Simply can’t believe it was only 40 !! 

From Peterhead’s recent attendance figures, I’d have expected an answer of 150-200. If only 40, Clyde must be some draw in the North East ! 

13 minutes ago, blueone said:

Sometimes I hate being right. :(

McInally trying to hold on and defending way too deep in the second half. Was only a matter of time for Clyde and deservedly so.

Three horse title race again.

I wasn’t there. Your view on Clyde compared to the last two games against you ? 

A couple of old heads aside we have a young team. Today should give them some belief. 

6 minutes ago, sydney said:

From Peterhead’s recent attendance figures, I’d have expected an answer of 150-200. If only 40, Clyde must be some draw in the North East ! 

Don’t give a f**k about numbers Syd, maybe it was 50,  but it was fucking unreal. Top five moments of supporting Clyde without a doubt. See you next home game big man. 

4 minutes ago, sydney said:

Sorry, just seen someone else saying 60.  Christ, thought there would be more than that. That’s because people like me don’t travel ! Plastic that I am ! 

4 minutes ago, sydney said:

I wasn’t there. Your view on Clyde compared to the last two games against you ? 

A couple of old heads aside we have a young team. Today should give them some belief. 

Clyde first half; had more of the ball but struggled to make chances. Goodie was through at an angle but keeper saved, that was about it. 

Second half total control. Chances, possession et el. If we drew I would have  been annoyed at what might have been but when the second went in, bedlam. 

The scenes at full time was as “togetherness” as I’ve ever see.  Mark Lamont and Ally Love are cult heros for me. Delighted for Mark, scoring his first of the season. 

1 minute ago, Karpaty said:

Don’t give a f**k about numbers Syd, maybe it was 50,  but it was fucking unreal. Top five moments of supporting Clyde without a doubt. See you next home game big man. 

Respect to you and the others who made the trip. Hats off to you.,

I’ve been on a high since 16-40 to be honest when I saw the 2 goals go in. Jumping around the living room ffs. 

We are on such a roll ! 

Believe it or not my Bro (who lives in Norfolk) wanted to meet at Berwick. I’d have been up for that except I’ve an event next week in Kintyre. The Norfolk Diss Clyde Supporters Club (my bro plus 3 English converts) are coming up in Feb for the QP game. 

Meant to add that my bro, his mates and my good pal Dougie (Clyde fan) were in Germany in October. At Leverkusen, a Hanover fan walked over and spoke to us as he recognised the Clyde strip. The famous Bully Wee ! 

Jim’s taking it well...

We can all expect dignified silence after every victory from this day forward for all when beaten by Peterhead. Thought he was coming across well too and then he got a bit childish at the end.

IMG_1959.jpg

Lennon actually apologised for the celebrations. I wouldn’t have; it’s professional football! We win the game in last 5 mins and claw ourselves back into the league challenge, does he expect anything less?

Time  guys like McInally grew up Fecken snowflake! 

As the game went on yesterday it looked pretty clear that Clyde were going to at least equalize, that they were able to go & win it was to their credit but we again defended far too deep as we have done a few times this season.

Would have thought about 50 away supporters was about right but good to see a few more than usual make the trip. Am always a bit surprized when you hear away supports going on about a trip to Peterhead a couple times a season as if its a round the world trip 2 or 3 hrs is no huge hardship to follow your team, we do it nearly every other week with some much longer trips thrown in. The crowd yesterday may have been helped with some local OF & Dons fans having no games to go to.

Archived