Peterhead v Clyde

No complaints after a pathetic second half performance.  We were pushed back for 45 mins, and when we did get the ball we continually passed it back.

Could Have sneaked a draw in the dying minutes, but blazing over the bar summed up that half. Maybe if players put on the correct boots ......

Not your best day Mr McInally 

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are definitely the team with the momentum, just at the right time of the season. Big well done to Danny, Allan and all the players getting us in this position, if im being honest i had given up with  any thoughts of winning the league ,glad the players didn't now i am starting to dream again.

Cooome on yee Clyyde.

On 03/01/2019 at 07:01, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

With Brexit looming large, it's likely that Peterhead are going to be bogged down with worries over fishing quotas. Our record up there is pretty bad, but we should have the psychological edge over them for this one. 

Called it. The closer to Brexit we got, the more we started to hammer them.

I would have been disappointed if we only took a point from that given how it played out. Horrible goal to concede but after a few minutes we settled back down and started to pass it again. A very accomplished performance with, dare I say, another gear or two to go through.

Game on!

Our first PROPER league derby for a decade looms closer and closer by the week, simply a sensational all-round performance. Finally bury the hoodoo. 

Doubt it. The Colts are doing well but I can't see them getting promoted.

Great result for Clyde today. Praise where it's due. Safe home for the travellers.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Most unlike Jim McInally to oversee a late collapse against Clyde with two goals in two minutes.

Literally said as much myself two minutes before we equalised. Classic McInally, not pushing a single player forward all second half. In fairness, it almost worked but McLean's introduction was almost the same as going down to ten men.

We played really well against a really good side. High quality game all round. First half Goodwillie had a shot blocked one on one following a terrific long pass by McStay. Stewart under no pressure managed to mess up a chest back to Currie, he took almost no pace off the ball. Ran from the edge of the box, hit the post and rebound fell for Dow with Cogill injured as well. Lots of nice football from both teams stopped by good defending.

Second half we had the ball for nearly the whole half but struggled to create, Lamont with a weak shot with the big chance. McStay and Rankin took too long with chances at edge of the box. However, a great ball to release Goodwillie saw him hit the post and Love, as is his strength, reacted to put the rebound in. Peterhead were an absolute mess at this point and we countered brilliantly almost straight from kickoff; Goodwillie clattered as he released the ball, Rankin fed onto Lamont whose New Year resolutions paid off as he thundered into the net. Cue 5 minutes of last ditch defending under the long ball and Currie made a terrific save to keep us ahead from Lyle.

McStay was my man of the match as he dominated the centre of the park but I'd not argue with several others. Cuddihy excellent as always. Rumsby, Cogill and Lang dominant. Stewart okay apart from goal.  Rankin a bit of quality at times and was the one pushing us for a winner when the rest of the team celebrated Love's goal. Grant always composed. Lamont a mixed bag but took his goal well. Boyle excellent until the Peterhead goal and then anonymous. Subs were energetic and helped create space. Goodwillie had a good game back to goal. I've said it before but it's a really likeable team we have.

Brilliant win. Deserved for us keeping going, and absolutely deserved for McInally's bottle going. 

Massive win for us. Really pleased with that result coupled with Edinburgh losing. Hope everyone who made the trip up enjoys the return journey back down. 

Did Cogill go off injured and replaced by Lang? Just wondering as Lang obviously didn’t start. 

35 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Massive win for us. Really pleased with that result coupled with Edinburgh losing. Hope everyone who made the trip up enjoys the return journey back down. 

Did Cogill go off injured and replaced by Lang? Just wondering as Lang obviously didn’t start. 

He did. Possible hamstring? Was subbed instantly so not a good sign, although Lang was excellent.

The referee was really poor. Goodie elbowed in the back in the first half (couldn’t see if it was in the box or not in particular) but what I will say is this: During the build up to the winning  goal the Peterhead player gave him a complete kicking, yet still managed to play the ball wide. For all those criticising him for not scoring, he must be involved someway in about 80% of our goals. Irreplaceable. 

8 minutes ago, Karpaty said:

He did. Possible hamstring? Was subbed instantly so not a good sign, although Lang was excellent.

Cheers. Wasn’t there so was trying to put two and two together. Good to hear Lang played well. 

Perfect day out. 

There were long periods of really good football and in spite of the frustration of gifting them a goal  the comeback was always on.

The only thing we need to improve on is a bit more composure  in the final third, but that will come.

Really difficult picking a man of the match from this one.

Oh, and what a difference the  nearly complete bypass makes. Balmoor to Livingston  with a comfort stop at Kinross Services - 3 hours flat, staying legal. I reckon another 10 minutes off that when it's joined up.

Archived