Peterhead v Clyde

24 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Can someone please direct me back to the football forum as my phone keeps showing up the ordinance survey group chat

Excuse me for trying to establish the easiest route to take to support my team on the road.

Do I assume your lack of interest means you won't be bothering to do the same?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excuse me for trying to establish the easiest route to take to support my team on the road.
Do I assume your lack of interest means you won't be bothering to do the same?
Won't be bothering about what? Taking a PhD on the north east of Scotland road system no I won't be [emoji16]

2 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Won't be bothering about what? Taking a PhD on the north east of Scotland road system no I won't be emoji16.png

Not looking for a PhD on the NE road systems, just the best route to PHD! ;)

Not looking for a PhD on the NE road systems, just the best route to PHD! [emoji6]
And huge credit for going up to the game a bridge to far for me , sure the team will do us proud Saturday and will make the journey back seem like a trip down the shops [emoji106]

Guest TOPFITTER
2 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Eh, you have to actually sign him first?

I heard Edinburgh were using the Harkins money to lure him. Quite right too, in their position. 

3        And  I thought a professional could only play for two clubs in a season in Scotland, you must be the expert ;)

12 hours ago, LiviClyde said:

Not looking for a PhD on the NE road systems, just the best route to PHD! ;)

Was on the AWPR two weeks ago LC.  Even though those total chancers haven't finished it yet, it'll still save you at least 20 minutes.

Keep your eyes peeled around Stonehaven, it's a pretty basic sign, but hang a left there, come down to a wee roundabout, turn right, straight all the way to the airport from there.  Go round the airport heading for Newmachar, hang a right along the A90 and it rejoins the motorway north of Aberdeen.  The A96 is before the airport, it's no the best.

Wouldnt be surprised if you've the bypass more or less all to yourself, traffic was pretty light.

14 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

How far we saying from Gla-Peterhead then BC. 3hrs 20 cover it..

For a start, watch out for all those average speed cameras between Dundee & Aberdeen....note they point away from you in case you slow down then speed up.....!!

Probably talking about approx 2 hours to Stonehaven.  It's about 10 / 15 to the airport.  Dual carriageway to Ellon now, so that's about another 20.  Reckon 3 hours should be possible, but 3.20 should definitely be enough

1 hour ago, Fat Sally said:

Is the social club at the ground the best place to go for pre match pints or is there anywhere else?

It's the best place for pre-match pints, half-time pints and post-match pints. Have a great day out but behave yourself. 

1 hour ago, BrigtonClyde said:

For a start, watch out for all those average speed cameras between Dundee & Aberdeen....note they point away from you in case you slow down then speed up.....!!

Probably talking about approx 2 hours to Stonehaven.  It's about 10 / 15 to the airport.  Dual carriageway to Ellon now, so that's about another 20.  Reckon 3 hours should be possible, but 3.20 should definitely be enough

The AWPR has made such a difference, not having to go through Aberdeen any more and having to stop at all the lights.

It will take at least twenty minutes and a lot of hassle from the journey.

16 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

The AWPR has made such a difference, not having to go through Aberdeen any more and having to stop at all the lights.

It will take at least twenty minutes and a lot of hassle from the journey.

Aye yer no joking.  I'd say when they finally finish it, probably take 30 off it in total.  I was also hearing they're thinking about dualling it from Ellon to Peterhead at some point.

Maybe they should tell them that starts next week if they get the AWPR done this week.....and "miraculously" it'll suddenly be ready !  Mind something like that happening with the new Glasgow bypass a few years back.  The contractors have got away with murder

Incidentally, anyone travelling up.  Let's put it this way, it'll no be a shorts & t-shirts day.  Can only be cos Peterhead's next to the sea this is on tomorrow, there's penguins at Aberdeen airport queuing up to fly out to Antarctica.....for a heat.....   

Archived