Peterhead v Clyde

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Win on Saturday and we give ourselves a great chance of catching the leading two. It’ll not only put a dent in the points gap between ourselves and Peterhead but it’ll surely give the team huge belief that we’re good enough. 

A draw’s not a disaster but a defeat will surely end our hopes of winning the league. Don’t go to many away games but thinking that a first trip to Peterhead could be on the cards. 

I must check the league table about 10 times a day hoping the two above are a point closer each time, apparently that’s not how it works though...

I’ve been impressed by both Edinburgh & Peterhead this season but think if we can gain 3 on Peterhead we’ll have a right good chance come end of the season. Edinburgh are surely bound to slip up & hit a dodgy patch. Conceding two late goals last week & dropping points to a Stirling side that’s on the up - yes please!

Regardless what happens it’s bound to be an interesting weekend of football. 

2 hours ago, LiviClyde said:

Looking to go up for this one.

What is the current status of the Bypass? Is it fully opened or if not is the missing link we'll sign posted?

No it isn't fully opened.  Coming off the AWPR is easy enough as the road ends and you have no option.  Getting back on it at the other side of Dyce is a PITA and wasn'tsignposted at all last week when I used it.

Basically you need to drive round the outside of the airport, go over the AWPR and then take the sliproad back onto it.  Google won't help you as it hasn't a clue on which parts are opened or not.  Excuse the quality but I have b*****dised maps to show you the route you need to take to get back onto the A90.

AWPR.thumb.png.38179b5ad594e1cc0ffe9687d7d5c032.png

Looking to go up for this one.
What is the current status of the Bypass? Is it fully opened or if not is the missing link we'll sign posted?
1 hr 40mins to dundee from phd it took me after our game v stirling albion.I did stay up until 7 ish and it involved no speeding on the way back so its pretty good and hoping a further 10mins or so less once its fully open

New road will not show up on sat-navs yet I would think. If wanting to take the new by-pass you would join it at Stonehaven & go to South side of Airport. Carry on toward airport but when getting to the lights that take you down toward the terminal take a left through the industrial estate & round the north end of the runway, Eventually take a left opposite the caravan storage place, this takes you onto the Dyce/Banff road at the next light carry straight on, this takes you over the section of by-pass that heads north you turn off to the left on a slip by the next lights this doubles back and puts you on the new section heading for Peterhead take the 2nd exit on the roundabout at the far end that's you heading the right way.

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

New road will not show up on sat-navs yet I would think. If wanting to take the new by-pass you would join it at Stonehaven & go to South side of Airport. Carry on toward airport but when getting to the lights that take you down toward the terminal take a left through the industrial estate & round the north end of the runway, Eventually take a left opposite the caravan storage place, this takes you onto the Dyce/Banff road at the next light carry straight on, this takes you over the section of by-pass that heads north you turn off to the left on a slip by the next lights this doubles back and puts you on the new section heading for Peterhead take the 2nd exit on the roundabout at the far end that's you heading the right way.

It's difficult enough for locals who have used the new AWPR to try and get to Peterhead via the new bypass coming from the south let alone someone trying it for the first time.

I would advise sticking to the usual route until the whole bypass is opened when it will then be much easier and cut the driving time by a considerable amount.

As for the game it should be a cracker and with Dow gone, Rory and Derek Lyle injured it looks like Clyde will have a great chance to finally win at Balmoor.

A draw would not be a bad result for us but a defeat would mean Clyde are right back in the title hunt.

Right.

So I pick up the bypass at Stonehaven, drive as far North as I can on it, skirt the Airport on Dyce Drive, pick up the A947  north until I cross the bypass then circle left back on to it?

Seems straightforward if I set my sat nav for Newmacher  when I reach the A96.

4 hours ago, strichener said:

Basically you need to drive round the outside of the airport, go over the AWPR and then take the sliproad back onto it.  Google won't help you as it hasn't a clue on which parts are opened or not.  Excuse the quality but I have b*****dised maps to show you the route you need to take to get back onto the A90.

OpenStreetMap seems to have the correct roads open, and the route for rejoining the AWPR (though it goes the other side of the airport): https://www.openstreetmap.org/directions?engine=graphhopper_car&route=57.0049%2C-2.2174%3B57.2600%2C-2.0611#map=13/57.2056/-2.1695

Think until its fully open they were trying to avoid putting traffic on the airport side during the week, on a Saturday morning should not be too bad. There has been a general improvement in quite a few routes around the city since the two separate parts of the awpr have opened, hopefully not too long now until the section around the airport comes on line. 

Archived