Peterhead v Clyde

Very Important game for both teams on Saturday with a draw probably only suiting Edinburgh if/when they take care of business at home to Stirling...

Were on a great run and going to venue we dont have a good record but got to change one day & reading Peterhead match thread last week it may appear Mcallister may be injured for this fixture but they like ourselves have strength in depth...

Thinking about driving up,Though preferance is service bus or train to Aberdeen and then commute from there though Local bus online seems to suggest nearly 2hrs from aberdeen to Peterhead. This correct??!

Open to quicker and reasonable cost suggestions for 2nd leg of trip from those ITK

Many Thanks & Happy New Year[emoji106]

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Supppsed to have plans on Saturday but swithering just driving up for the game. Yet to see us win up there mind you. 
Massive game that we need to win. 

Ps. Nae cheeseburgers plz 
You could you not give SSEB a backy on your bike [emoji23]

2013 was it not? 

Right fellas, pin your ears back. I don't see this as must-win in the slightest. If we're clever about it we can play the long game. 

We've got both this mob and Postal United once home and once away now on in. Its fairly obvious that we're all streets ahead of the other 7 teams, and we've only lost 1 of 14 (2 of 15 if you count the Cup) against them. It's our record against the top two we need to sort out. 

At the very worst, we're going to need to beat one of them over two legs in May. Even those fixture arrangements (Saturday is the 2nd leg away) suit us in every way. We simply must go into such a match with the upper hand, and from those four games left against the top two, that means doing whatever it takes to win the 'aggregate' of each of those games against them. 

We play for a draw. 

We've tried to play football against this team, and been completely Sooty'd on a number of occasions. We step out at Balmoor treating it as just another game, we'll get leathered, like Peterhead enjoy doing, and also to send us the message. A focused, deliberate attempt to hold on to the point we begin with, with one eye on a possible Goodie moment never far away, could send one of our own. We need to put ourselves in a position where if - as looks probable - we need to go here defending a lead or having to win a playoff, we must begin preparing for that, now. 

And if we succeed, the psychological impact on them will be as great as if we had won, on that i'd stake my house. 

12 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Very Important game for both teams on Saturday with a draw probably only suiting Edinburgh if/when they take care of business at home to Stirling...

Why would a draw only suit Edinburgh?

I'd say a draw wouldn't be the worst result for Peterhead.

There are very few teams in this league capable of taking any points from Peterheed so I'm actually hoping Clyde win and do us both a favour.

11 hours ago, Tenkay said:

There are very few teams in this league capable of taking any points from Peterheed so I'm actually hoping Clyde win and do us both a favour.

It wouldn't be the worst result but it would be disappointing given Clyde's historical struggles at Peterhead.

Would be typical of us to go and lose or draw the game after our main competitors drop points.  (See last years run in for many examples!)

I'd be delighted with a point on Saturday given our terrible record at Balmoor. 

Going on current form though we have a chance of taking all 3 points. Would be a bonus if McAllister is injured as someone suggested earlier. Play like we did at Broadwood against them and we will get horsed again.

In summary f**k knows how it'll go!

You win. We draw.

Your another 2 clear of peterhead and too many for us to catch you

Dont understand your Question

Unbeaten in 9 let's go up there full of confidence and have a go not interested in drawing the game I think ( myself included) have over egged peterhead yes good side but hardly a team we should be shaking in our boots about . If we are to put in a title challenge then Saturday is where it starts

If Queen's Park have managed to take 4 points from Peterhead this season, I see no reason why we can't win. Not convinced the rest of the league is good enough for us to do anything other than finish third this year though.

DL doesn't often change a winning team and I hope if we stick with the same eleven, that we pull Rankin in centrally for the first chunk of the game, setting him into his freer role when the game opens up a bit. I think we might struggle at set pieces; the last couple of weeks we've had Lamont at the front post as McStay has been needed to man mark, and it's made us vulnerable. Goodwillie is due to have a stormer against them and I think he'll get a double.

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

You win. We draw.

Your another 2 clear of peterhead and too many for us to catch you

Dont understand your Question

Thanks mate.  Very true when you put it like that. 

I just keep hoping Peterheed will get beat somewhere along the way. 

If anyone / either of us,  finishes above Peterheed, they'll will win the league.

If Queen's Park have managed to take 4 points from Peterhead this season, I see no reason why we can't win. Not convinced the rest of the league is good enough for us to do anything other than finish third this year though.
DL doesn't often change a winning team and I hope if we stick with the same eleven, that we pull Rankin in centrally for the first chunk of the game, setting him into his freer role when the game opens up a bit. I think we might struggle at set pieces; the last couple of weeks we've had Lamont at the front post as McStay has been needed to man mark, and it's made us vulnerable. Goodwillie is due to have a stormer against them and I think he'll get a double.
One worry i have is centre of defence , we haven't conceded in 3 but I would still like to see another physical centre half in beside cogill , might be harsh but I would put Lang in for Rumbsy , that said if Lennon changes a winning team and we lose he will get Pelters . At the end of the day up to the manager to pick the team he thinks will get a result

3 1 to the Clyde [emoji106]

Archived