What would you like to see happen in 2019?

ICTJohnboy

1 hour ago, KingRocketman II said:

did he Salmond not attend St Andrews together and remain quite good pals? Maybe even have shared the same political outlook at one time.....

Yes they did, but I believe Salmond was initially on the far left side of Labour before he converted to SNP.

Don't know about Taylor - suspect he was born with the proverbial silver spoon in his gob and pretty much brought up as a tory. That said, I could accept they might have been good pals and probably still respect what they each have achieved since graduating from St Andrews.

Maybe Granny could enlighten us further. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Yes they did, but I believe Salmond was initially on the far left side of Labour before he converted to SNP.

Don't know about Taylor - suspect he was born with the proverbial silver spoon in his gob and pretty much brought up as a tory. That said, I could accept they might have been good pals and probably still respect what they each have achieved since graduating from St Andrews.

Maybe Granny could enlighten us further. 

Only thing I could tell you is that Brian was the only one who went from our primary year to the fee paying Dundee High school.  Make of that what you will.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Only thing I could tell you is that Brian was the only one who went from our primary year to the fee paying Dundee High school.  Make of that what you will.

Say no more.

Nudge nudge, wink wink, know wot I mean....

On 1/1/2019 at 01:11, jupe1407 said:

1. Theresa May to suffer daily humiliation to the point of nervous breakdown
2. Tommy Robinson to be outed as a beast
3. Brexit to be cancelled and the resulting gammon seethe
4. Fluffy to finally get the stones to resign
5. Ian Duncan Smith to be diagnosed with a life changing illness.

All possible except number 4.

I would like to see the SSP grow in strength and find itself in a position that it can stand candidates in elections.

Failing that, something for the Left to get behind. Scottish Labour is a farce and has been for some time and the SNP are not left leaning enough for me, but are as close as we are probably going to get, but we are still without a voice in main stream Scottish politics.

The left in Scotland is too split and will be until the constitutional issue is resolved. There’s plenty for SNP and Labour leftists to work together on but the former’s higher ups are too timid and the latter’s obsession with the SNP and the Blairite contingent are barriers to any meaningful gains. The SSP are just a shambles, as are RISE, as are Solidarity and, some good ideas and people apart, are filled to the brim with bams.

Archived