Megabus - Glasgow to London

IainMorton

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to do the over night from Glasgow to London and back twice a month when my ex was at uni there. Always got the one leaving between 10pm-12am with a fair few lagers in me and slept for most of it. Having a spare seat next to you would be a massive bonus as well. 

The best seat for leg room is the very back in the middle, can at least stretch your legs. The very first time I went I was stuck in the corner at the back, it was fucking brutal. 

It is the ultimate “get what you pay for” scenario but I never really had any issues with Megabus. Can’t remember being any delays etc and usually the over night gets in a wee bit early.

On 14/01/2019 at 21:44, LondonHMFC said:

Did Greyhound coaches run over here for a while? As I am sure I got one from Glasgow to London once, and it was actually alright. 

Used to do that journey a lot to watch West Ham. It was absolutely torture. Try and get on relatively quickly so you can get a seat with a plug socket to keep your phone on charge. You never really sleep until the last couple hours of the journey, then you wake up at Victoria very confused as to what's going on. 

My worst trip was after West Ham beat Spurs in the league cup. Wednesday night and my bus back was at midnight, not too many on it, but by f**k was it a long journey. Stopping every half hour. Didn't reach Glasgow till about 11 the next day. Remember waking up in Sheffield at a ridiculous hour and reading the court transcript about Ian Watkins as it had been published. 

They did and it wasn’t well advertised so half the coach was always empty. Sadly for them (and me) it never picked up and they cancelled it. 

On 13/04/2019 at 16:18, Karpaty Lviv said:

They did and it wasn’t well advertised so half the coach was always empty. Sadly for them (and me) it never picked up and they cancelled it. 

I can see the flaw in  their service there! 

Did Glasgow - London about 15 years ago on the way to Brighton.

Way down was ok but the heating system broke on the way back up (this was at the height of summer) and was stuck next to an overweight Norwegian woman all night. Zero kip and straight off the bus into work. Grim, grim journey.

Archived