QP v Albion Rovers

an86

These guys will be well paid at EK, despite their poor crowds. As has happened with EK, we might be looking for people to come into the Club with money in the future (sadly). Not sure it should be at the expense of losing control to some of the "characters" that are involved at some of the emerging, and successful like EK, clubs below us in the structure though.

At the start of the season eks budget was double our budget

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shocking game with two poor teams. It was so bad it was almost exciting due to the mistakes from both teams. I must say for the first time I am puzzled by some of Mark's starting selections and positions. Gow is not a winger and is painfully slow and in my opinion Peters is just not a footballer. We seem totally incapable of controlling and collecting a pass and making ourselves available for a pass. Having said that the injuries, two of them quite avoidable with a bit of communication, threw us off for quite a time. Midfield non existent. Can only get better-can't it?

Can't recall ever seeing a game where 3 enforced substitutions took place for any team within 35 mins. So taking anything from that game is a positive. Thought we totally owned it for the second but too many sloppy passes stopped the pressure building and good chances to score were rare so a point apiece was about right.

A big plus was two very good goals, the first a classic training ground routine and the second some lovely fluent and precise passing from Peters and Moore and a neat header from Hawke. Tough luck for Summers as he and Martin were combining well. Horrible clash between Roberts and McLaughlin. Hope they are both well. Don't think Kurtis will be doing any winching tonight.

Mark, as always, will focus on the positives and with two good goals things cheered up a bit. But it's not hard to see why the bigger and better teams can pick us apart so easily. Still plenty to improve on. Rovers on the other hand looked much improved and pretty lively up front. But I wouldn't be surprised to see these two teams propping up the league by May.

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

must say for the first time I am puzzled by some of Mark's starting selections and positions.

For he first time bloody hell. The man is at best  a coach. Totally agree play with some pace on the wings no we play  with a 36 year has been. All Gow wants to do is shoot and not run.  Experience in our team he is a waste of a jersey. Mark is not the man to take us forward he is limited in what he does. Can't manage a squad as big as ours. Why not go with the pace of Martin and MacLean on the wings.  Agree Gerry and Hawke had to come back in but felt big Lewis did not deserve to get dropped. I liked the 352 from last week. And felt we could have adapted for this game. 

Best wishes to big Gerry and Kurtis after what was a sickening clash. And I hope young Kurtis’ girlfriend doesn’t dump him (the first thing he said as he was standing at the touch line) [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Kurtis Roberts on Twitter saying he's had 4 teeth knocked out. Oh dear hope hes ok

We can hide behind the injuries and subs if we want. The truth is that we were being bossed well before that even happened. A hungry, well organised team arrived to play against a disorganised and complacent shambles. If anyone would care to explain what our tactics were, I'm all ears. 

The game against Elgin was insipid and embarrassing. Today was the same. Losing to Elgin is not embarrassing. Drawing with Albion Rovers is not embarrassing. The other teams wanting it more is embarrassing. Half arsed, demotivated shite. It's not good enough. 

3 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:
5 hours ago, Jaydee said:
Best wishes to big Gerry and Kurtis after what was a sickening clash. And I hope young Kurtis’ girlfriend doesn’t dump him (the first thing he said as he was standing at the touch line) emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Kurtis Roberts on Twitter saying he's had 4 teeth knocked out. Oh dear hope hes ok

What sort of knock did he get? You can normally push the teeth back in and head to a dentist and they can be saved. Assuming he didn't swallow any of them.

18 minutes ago, an86 said:

We can hide behind the injuries and subs if we want. The truth is that we were being bossed well before that even happened. A hungry, well organised team arrived to play against a disorganised and complacent shambles. If anyone would care to explain what our tactics were, I'm all ears. 

The game against Elgin was insipid and embarrassing. Today was the same. Losing to Elgin is not embarrassing. Drawing with Albion Rovers is not embarrassing. The other teams wanting it more is embarrassing. Half arsed, demotivated shite. It's not good enough. 

As you said disorganised. As I said earlier Gow is a waste of a jersey. Mark has a major problem. He is the manager not the mate. What by do you think Gow could not get a game for anyone else, they seen thru him but not his mate. No tactics. Just lump it and hope for it to drop our way. I thought we had lot of possession against Clyde just no power up front, just bring Hawke back into that formation and give it a try. I don't see him lasting very long. Tough January on his hands, he has no tie ups with any clubs like Gus had. We have too many players just now. But if he keeps loaning them out or pissing them off he could create space.  He says in past interviews he is a loyal manager but has been chopping and changing for fun, no wonder the players look disheartened. Every week his interviews are same old garbage. Can't wait for tomorrow's installment.

What sort of knock did he get? You can normally push the teeth back in and head to a dentist and they can be saved. Assuming he didn't swallow any of them.

Clash of heads between him and Gerry. I hope you’re right, but from what I could see the teeth didn’t come out ‘clean’ they were jagged in his mouth.

Big Gerry had a really nasty cut on his head that needed stitches too.

3 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:
5 hours ago, Jaydee said:
Best wishes to big Gerry and Kurtis after what was a sickening clash. And I hope young Kurtis’ girlfriend doesn’t dump him (the first thing he said as he was standing at the touch line) emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I thought that was the case, I saw someone looking for something on the pitch and then picking things up, I guessed it was probably teeth.

Went along to this as a complete neutral today. My misguided ill-informed opinion was that Queens Park were absolute garbage and Albion only let them back into the game by sitting so deep during the second half.

I thought Albion, whilst not the most gifted team, were well organised and played as a team, trying to keep things relatively simple.

The Queens keeper didn't inspire much confidence and often put his team under pressure, although he did make a good save one on one near the end.

All four goals had some quality about them which was a bonus.

I sat with in the Albion end in the first half, who seemed like a good bunch getting behind their team, and in the Queens end in the second half, who were quite amusing by virtue of the constant moaning and ridiculous shouts e.g. shouting shoot when someone has the ball back to goal 30 yards out, then castigating a player a minute later who tried to shoot from distance.

I am sure that isn't representative of all fans but the Queens fans that I heard really sounded like an group of people whose chips have been well and truly pissed on.

Finally, the insistence on searching every supporter who enters the ground is really offputting as a customer.

One of our best performances of the season in the first half ( it's a low bar I know) and for the first time I was really disappointed not to win. QP bossed the second half but Rovers had the better chances. A draw was fair.

As you said disorganised. As I said earlier Gow is a waste of a jersey. Mark has a major problem. He is the manager not the mate. What by do you think Gow could not get a game for anyone else, they seen thru him but not his mate. No tactics. Just lump it and hope for it to drop our way. I thought we had lot of possession against Clyde just no power up front, just bring Hawke back into that formation and give it a try. I don't see him lasting very long. Tough January on his hands, he has no tie ups with any clubs like Gus had. We have too many players just now. But if he keeps loaning them out or pissing them off he could create space.  He says in past interviews he is a loyal manager but has been chopping and changing for fun, no wonder the players look disheartened. Every week his interviews are same old garbage. Can't wait for tomorrow's installment.

Anything positive to say? On anything?

Is there any truth to the strengthening rumours that you will be turning professional in the summer? It's been a long time coming; can't see the club's trajectory being anything but a downward spiral otherwise. May God help you if Mark Roberts is tasked with assembling an unpaid squad...

Archived