St Mirren v Alloa Scottish Cup Round Four

shull

I think Lyons goes down too easily to be honest. I didn't think it was a foul, nor do think it's a yellow though. I thought Lyons first booking was harsh too, both players go in commited to a 50/50. Ref could have easily just said calm down.

It's the inconsistency that's annoying. Players dive all the time and refs just wave play on, in the second half Jackson put his hand on the back on the Alloa defender who was shielding the ball out of play. The defender feels the touch and throws both legs in the air. Free kick, and Jackson booked for dissent. It was laughable.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, houston_bud said:

I think Lyons goes down too easily to be honest. I didn't think it was a foul, nor do think it's a yellow though. I thought Lyons first booking was harsh too, both players go in commited to a 50/50. Ref could have easily just said calm down.

It's the inconsistency that's annoying. Players dive all the time and refs just wave play on, in the second half Jackson put his hand on the back on the Alloa defender who was shielding the ball out of play. The defender feels the touch and throws both legs in the air. Free kick, and Jackson booked for dissent. It was laughable.

I wondered what he'd been booked for.

Didn't think it could be dissent given the amount of it coming from Alloa's 7 and 23 prior to that which went unpunished.

He did though book 23 a few minuted later for shouting right in to the linesman's face.

Did Jackson kick the ball away maybe? That's almost always a yellow, where as rants/gesticulations don't always get it.

14 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

I wondered what he'd been booked for.

Didn't think it could be dissent given the amount of it coming from Alloa's 7 and 23 prior to that which went unpunished.

He did though book 23 a few minuted later for shouting right in to the linesman's face.

Did Jackson kick the ball away maybe? That's almost always a yellow, where as rants/gesticulations don't always get it.

It was the old classic fist throwing that you only ever see at the football. I don't think he'd many complaints although I understood his frustration.

On 18/01/2019 at 14:02, Waspie said:

Disappointed if that's the case. Fair enough if it was a loan but he is an Alloa player now. Also a bit perturbed by the general Goody love in here so hopefully the gaffer takes the chance to introduce Kirky from the bench to score the winner before celebrating in an over the top fashion in front of Kearney and the home support. 

or how about goody drops to his knees with his head in his hands as saints rattle in a late winner. :lol:

I thought Hodson's work rate in the 2nd half was awesome. He tracked back at full pace while others were jogging and then still had the energy at the end to sprint down to the far end to take the ball into the corner.

I can never decide whether I rate him or not normally but when you are down to 10 men you need effort like that to get you through

It's not a 'conventional' dive whereby there's zero contact and the player throws himself to the ground.  

But you can clearly see Lyons intentionally falling into the Alloa player then onto the ground.  It's simulation.

And EK player got done for the same on Saturday.  Kind of fell down onto Shaun Rooney who was sliding for the ball, and naturally contact between the 2 players was made before Rooney got to the ball.

Archived