St Mirren v Alloa Scottish Cup Round Four

shull

I wasn't particularly bothered about progress in the cup given we are fighting against the odds every week in the league, but that's a sore one in the end given we were in such a strong position. Sounded like a situation where Flannigan in particular but also Kirky would have a made a real difference, get on the ball and calm things down. 

Anyway, might dampen the Goodwin hysteria a wee bit  ;). All the best to the Saints for the rest of the season. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Waspie said:

I wasn't particularly bothered about progress in the cup given we are fighting against the odds every week in the league, but that's a sore one in the end given we were in such a strong position. Sounded like a situation where Flannigan in particular but also Kirky would have a made a real difference, get on the ball and calm things down. 

Anyway, might dampen the Goodwin hysteria a wee bit  ;). All the best to the Saints for the rest of the season. 

You played very very well.

Even when 11 v 11 you were edging us out.

Said at HT that Falkirk and Thistle were going to have real problems catching you.

First time we've come from behind to win since we won at Palmerston in December 2017 (I think).

Could that turnaround be the equivalent of the TNS game a couple of years back?

49 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Did you not start the relegation express thread, too? You need to post on all our threads big man.

Good comeback for you guys today. Wouldn't mind a trip to Paisley in the next round!

23 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I had a fiver on Alloa or draw. I cashed out at 2-1.

Winning.

Screenshot_20190119-180912.png

I did as well, but I decided cashing out would ensure an Alloa win so let it ride. 

It was worth it.

great first half goals well put away , we tired last 20 minutes, parry made a mistake but he has been brill for us ..no complaints, good comeback for St mirren we have been 

doing this ourselves a lot so fair play. disappointed but not greatly , We ran out of gas simple .

I'm limited to 5 minutes highlights from that game by order of the SFA but my god if they only show the goals and the sending off in tonight's highlights I'll be raging. Could get 20 minutes on highlights on that game.

Easily one of the most exciting games of the season never mind the round.

Fair play to St Mirren, I thought us sitting in the second half showed a bit of naivety and the inexperience of our forward players. We've been on average ahead just 8 minutes of a 90 minute game this season so it's not a normal position. Hopefully it's not a big blow for the boys and they bounce back next week against Ross County.

12 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I'm limited to 5 minutes highlights from that game by order of the SFA but my god if they only show the goals and the sending off in tonight's highlights I'll be raging. Could get 20 minutes on highlights on that game.

Easily one of the most exciting games of the season never mind the round.

Fair play to St Mirren, I thought us sitting in the second half showed a bit of naivety and the inexperience of our forward players. We've been on average ahead just 8 minutes of a 90 minute game this season so it's not a normal position. Hopefully it's not a big blow for the boys and they bounce back next week against Ross County.

I reckon that'll be the extent of it. Probably won't be one of the extended highlight games as there was only one or two cameras there I think. Hopefully I'm wrong - or hopefully they decide to show more because of how bonkers it ended up.

We got there in the end but I really couldn't see the equaliser coming. There was a wee surge after Cooke's goal - which you often get from a team when they're chasing an equaliser - and then after that we didn't threaten much until Erhahon scored. We had plenty of the ball and had corners but there was little in the way of chances - Alloa probably had just as many, including one that hit the post.

Yeah was a strange one.

67’ minutes, 0-2 and a man down, then someone takes a desperate longy.

All sigh, then the keeper fucks it, then 1-2, then win.

Definitely felt the part time burn in those last 23 minutes. During the week their guys were working when our guys were playing fortnite.

Could tell.

I was impressed with Alloa today, I'd go as far to say that on that showing they should comfortably stay up. Thistle, Falkirk and even the Pars should be worried.

We were probably lucky to edge it, but did very well to come back when down to 10 men, hopefully will give us a boost for the rest of the season 

Alright, what the hell happened here?  :lol:

I guess we get to keep Jim for the rest of the season, at least. Would yon laddie Kearney have been on a shoogly peg if this had stayed at 2-0?

15 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Alright, what the hell happened here?  :lol:

I guess we get to keep Jim for the rest of the season, at least. Would yon laddie Kearney have been on a shoogly peg if this had stayed at 2-0?

I think he's safe. However, if anything happens I think Gus would step in first. 

Was impressed by Alloa today, should have more than enough to stay up. Good luck to you. 

Archived