St Mirren v Alloa Scottish Cup Round Four

shull

11 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Would that be enforceable, presumably it would need to have been written into the contract (not saying it hasn't been) just an unusual scenario.

Which bit? Loan players in Scotland can't play against their parent club so that would be enforceable. The gentleman's agreement isn't - I'd be both seething and amused if Goodwin does some classic shithousery and starts Kirkpatrick tomorrow.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stu said:

Which bit? Loan players in Scotland can't play against their parent club so that would be enforceable. The gentleman's agreement isn't - I'd be both seething and amused if Goodwin does some classic shithousery and starts Kirkpatrick tomorrow.

Exactly it would presumably be just a gentlemen's agreement so it's not impossible that the scenario you mention comes to pass although I doubt it will. Point is if it did I doubt there would be any recourse.

My guess for tomorrow is:

Parry

Dick - Graham - Roscoe - Taggart

Robertson - Hetherington

Cawley - Trouten - Zanatta

Shields 

Or some variant of those three up front.

Parry
Dick Graham Roscoe Taggart
Hetherington Flanny
Cawley. Shields
Trouten
Zanatta

If we’ve lost two of our most key midfielders to a wedding and gentlemen’s agreement ... that will be very, very frustrating. Better be his own wedding!! [emoji38]

Even if it is his own wedding, still not totally acceptable [emoji3]

1 hour ago, KierenAAFC said:

If we’ve lost two of our most key midfielders to a wedding and gentlemen’s agreement ... that will be very, very frustrating. Better be his own wedding!! emoji38.png

It's his sister's if I'm not mistaken. Although I'm pleased she didn't have it on the 9th of February when we'll have bigger fish to fry than St. Mirren in the next round :P

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

It's his sister's if I'm not mistaken. Although I'm pleased she didn't have it on the 9th of February when we'll have bigger fish to fry than St. Mirren in the next round :P

Certainly rather he missed this game than a league match. As long as he doesn't get injured dancing. 

Big ask without Flanny and Kirky but know the boys will give it their best shot as always. 

The gentleman's agreement is fair enough.

When Jack Ross agreed to leave Alloa for us it was midweek and I remember that we delayed the contract to let him stay on for a few more days to fulfil their fixture that Saturday.

Give and take lads. ;) 

When Jack Ross agreed to leave Alloa for us it was midweek and I remember that we delayed the contract to let him stay on for a few more days to fulfil their fixture that Saturday.
Give and take lads. [emoji6] 
That was Bala Town away...WHAT A DAY!

11 minutes ago, fruitbowl said:

Clearly a Goody master plan to allow his return to the team this afternoon.

If Jim Goodwin got his kit on and was on the park, I'm quite sure that the entire ground would lose their collective shit.

Until he lamped someone and then he'd be a p***k. :lol: 

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Give and take lads. ;) 

I think it was more a case of Alloa not putting any obstacles in the way of the deal on the condition of him staying on for the game in Wales ;). But I take your point. 

Hope Kirky has a good game today anyway. 

HT 0-2

Fair reflection on proceedings. 2 down and a man down to Alloa at half time. Woof.

Was fairly pessimistic going into this game, but I never thought it would be as bad as this. We have been our usual disorganised and poorly motivated selves.

Alloa deservedly went 1 up with a nice move down our left and a cut back with a tidy finish.

Lyons - Kearney’s golden boy on his debut - then gets two bookings and sent off within half an hour. Second one for diving, he over exaggerated a fairly innocuous tackle and I can see why the ref has made the call. Daft from a young boy who’s clearly got a lot to learn.

Then Alloa get the second which is another good goal and well deserved.

We have been given a fair teaching by a part time team in our own house thus far.

Hard to see how ten men come back from two down... over to you Oran.

Archived