Half Term Report Card

My Club is = East Fife

My Best Player is = I'd say Craig Watson. Player of last year and has played with over hosts centre back patnership, can also leader the back four ie alongwith the other defenders we have , has scored a few headers half volleys against stranraer last year and tackles are import challenges think his overall game has come on but like sometimes Pat he goes un-noticed either at centre back or at right back !!

My worst player is = theres a few critism from others of McBride but with the squad rotating to allow others who yet to feature a game i haven't got a probably but he nearly assited the third goal on saturday by swinging his boot to the ball across the box that picked out dowds do it every week and score i can't think of any currently.

Manager rate = big darren young fan 10/10. Altoghter last season had most fans close to chunking it and at the edge of a rollcoaster from m and dee's park i was pretty right the next year would be a big overhaul improvement from the quality of squad to the result factor. Fans quickly jump too much on blaming a coach or the person in charge  highly its the drive of football but if you get a team settled and have faith sometimes in life you need go back one to turn things around it happen to  GN he achieve the football to get us back here in L1 and Young is very much is heading in a big light where once a legend Archibald took us and hes also quickly changing heads of other east fife fans that were too harsh in one season to find footballs long term with a plan behind it.

Best signing = Between Dowds or Brett I'd go for Brett where hes made important saves bar dumbarton and arbroath and the reason hes number 1 improvement from the goalies we had available last year thats for sure.

Worst signing = ? Erm dunno who.

Most improved player = Kyle Bell. I did have my doubts about the kid as he played Under 20s level with the Rovers but i didn't think he'll reach more than 10+ appearance either but hes massively clever on the park in the game at the right magic moment feel he has the quality to be a first teamer and is pretty much a happy player maybe because we took the punt unlike staying to remain a youth player at our rivals and so far he has a whole future ahead as a footballer if he keeps working at it. Im also glad he signed a newly improve contract to remain at east fife.

League winners = anyone but Raith Rovers but if arbroath get there that 'll be a job done.

Play Offs =

Raith = going by position and will secure the play offs by may thats just Raith Rovers, but if they loose their captain Bene, short term fix Armstrong and the loanee how will they be by then.

East fife = Good to see other fans credit us on where we'll be but i'll be over the moonlight on any places above 5th position as i can't remember us flurting in the third tier of scottish football when its dusted in May the highest has been 5th so we need keep doing what we are doing.

Toss between a Dumbarton, Airdrie or Stranraer for me i think Forfar will manage to flight the others just so we can win 5-4 in the play off penalty shootout and their supporters can reunite their love for Jim Weir again.

9th

Brechin = Darren dods inablity as a manager and the curse that any p/t team who dare reached the championship.

Automatic relegation 

Stenny = pretty much a yoyo club as the poster above states but a bizzare way to sack a title winning/experience head of Brown Ferguson to a striker that has lasted 10 years and very much new to coaching side under a shoestring budget by the looks of it but saying that keep Paton they'll be close to brechin and pray McGuigan whos decent forward for them brings in the goals as a source of hope.

Highlight

Im going for Scott Agnew's left foot curler V Forfar at New Bayview to being the way we'll finish above the pack chasing fourth.

Lowlight

I'd say being 3-0 up at home to stranraer and the opposition do a liverpool v milan final and score three times with us having Meggat order for straight red for last man after a f**ked up possession game in our own half between the striker receving the ball deep in his own half to loosing forcing Meggat to do why not suitation. Thats a gutter.

Brilliant assessment, along with worst players. I’d lump in Robbie Thomson and Euan Murray to that list.
Fair assessment, I'd further add Nathan Flanagan as worst player, but hey there are that many probably no one is a stand out in that category.

My Club is = East Fife
My Best Player is = I'd say Craig Watson. Player of last year and has played with over hosts centre back patnership, can also leader the back four ie alongwith the other defenders we have , has scored a few headers half volleys against stranraer last year and tackles are import challenges think his overall game has come on but like sometimes Pat he goes un-noticed either at centre back or at right back !!
 My worst player is = theres a few critism from others of McBride but with the squad rotating to allow others who yet to feature a game i haven't got a probably but he nearly assited the third goal on saturday by swinging his boot to the ball across the box that picked out dowds do it every week and score i can't think of any currently.
Manager rate = big darren young fan 10/10. Altoghter last season had most fans close to chunking it and at the edge of a rollcoaster from m and dee's park i was pretty right the next year would be a big overhaul improvement from the quality of squad to the result factor. Fans quickly jump too much on blaming a coach or the person in charge  highly its the drive of football but if you get a team settled and have faith sometimes in life you need go back one to turn things around it happen to  GN he achieve the football to get us back here in L1 and Young is very much is heading in a big light where once a legend Archibald took us and hes also quickly changing heads of other east fife fans that were too harsh in one season to find footballs long term with a plan behind it.
Best signing = Between Dowds or Brett I'd go for Brett where hes made important saves bar dumbarton and arbroath and the reason hes number 1 improvement from the goalies we had available last year thats for sure.
Worst signing = ? Erm dunno who.
Most improved player = Kyle Bell. I did have my doubts about the kid as he played Under 20s level with the Rovers but i didn't think he'll reach more than 10+ appearance either but hes massively clever on the park in the game at the right magic moment feel he has the quality to be a first teamer and is pretty much a happy player maybe because we took the punt unlike staying to remain a youth player at our rivals and so far he has a whole future ahead as a footballer if he keeps working at it. Im also glad he signed a newly improve contract to remain at east fife.
League winners = anyone but Raith Rovers but if arbroath get there that 'll be a job done.
Play Offs =
Raith = going by position and will secure the play offs by may thats just Raith Rovers, but if they loose their captain Bene, short term fix Armstrong and the loanee how will they be by then.
East fife = Good to see other fans credit us on where we'll be but i'll be over the moonlight on any places above 5th position as i can't remember us flurting in the third tier of scottish football when its dusted in May the highest has been 5th so we need keep doing what we are doing.
Toss between a Dumbarton, Airdrie or Stranraer for me i think Forfar will manage to flight the others just so we can win 5-4 in the play off penalty shootout and their supporters can reunite their love for Jim Weir again.
9th
Brechin = Darren dods inablity as a manager and the curse that any p/t team who dare reached the championship.
Automatic relegation 
Stenny = pretty much a yoyo club as the poster above states but a bizzare way to sack a title winning/experience head of Brown Ferguson to a striker that has lasted 10 years and very much new to coaching side under a shoestring budget by the looks of it but saying that keep Paton they'll be close to brechin and pray McGuigan whos decent forward for them brings in the goals as a source of hope.
Highlight
Im going for Scott Agnew's left foot curler V Forfar at New Bayview to being the way we'll finish above the pack chasing fourth.
Lowlight
I'd say being 3-0 up at home to stranraer and the opposition do a liverpool v milan final and score three times with us having Meggat order for straight red for last man after a f**ked up possession game in our own half between the striker receving the ball deep in his own half to loosing forcing Meggat to do why not suitation. Thats a gutter.
That's the second player mentioning Kyle Bell, we have another in Dave Mckay who sits on the bench each week whist the dyed blond Beckenbauer plays each week. We raved about The asst manager from last season but not one of the U20s have come through. Is it just that the manager can't afford to gamble on bringing through youth or is it they really are horse shit. For other fans yes you can mention the reserve league this season, but the team is mainly 16 year old weans.

That's the second player mentioning Kyle Bell, we have another in Dave Mckay who sits on the bench each week whist the dyed blond Beckenbauer plays each week. We raved about The asst manager from last season but not one of the U20s have come through. Is it just that the manager can't afford to gamble on bringing through youth or is it they really are horse shit. For other fans yes you can mention the reserve league this season, but the team is mainly 16 year old weans.

Kyle Bell is a tremendous player and we won a watch when the Rovers decided to chuck him!!!
Not a regular starter yet but has shown enough that he will be very soon, very mature and intelligent player for his years and the new contract shows that DY clearly rates him!!!

[emoji38]

Surely every team in the league can say that? [emoji23]

Indeed. There's virtually nothing between the teams sitting 4th and 10th though Stenny look to be struggling.
Any of those teams could easily lose 3 on the bounce and find themselves back in the relegation battle.

Personally, I don't think the Loons have the depth of squad to make the playoffs. The current window could be all important as to whether we are relaxing come April or looking at the wrong end of the league.

East Fife

Best Player at your club

Aaron Dunsmore

Worst Player at your club

Not a fan of Scott McBride in the slightest.

Manager(s) at your club Rating

Give him his due. He's turned things around after a bad start and I'm delighted for him. Needs to stick with 2 up front though! 2 wins against the Rovers and sitting 3rd at Christmas gives him a high scoring 8/10.

Best Signing of the summer at your club?

Brett Long. Best keeper I've seen at East Fife in donkeys years.

Worst Signing at your club

Sorry Scott McBride. 

Most Improved Player at your club

Anton Dowds

Who's winning the League?

Arbroath, but only just.

Who's making the playoffs?

Raith should finish 2nd as they're not playing us every week.
East Fife (if we play like we can play for 90 minutes and not surrender healthy leads)
Forfar Athletic 

Who's finishing 9th?

Brechin 

Who's going down?

Stenhousemuir 

Best player in the league?

Bobby Linn has had a cracking season so far but going to go with Aaron Dunsmore.

Highlight so far of the season…

Saturday 29th December. Raith 1-2 East Fife. A day that will stay with me forever. Taking 7 points from 9 (should have been 9) against that mob of charlatans is pretty sweet.

Lowlight...

Dropping a point to Raith at Starks early in the season.

5 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Not fancy us sneaking a play off spot?
If we get a bit more consistency I think we will surely be there or there abouts!

Not really, don’t think we have the defence for it personally.

We have been the best team so far and Robert Linn, by far has been the best player in the league, also our stingy defence is often forgotten about

14 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

I like this thread but I think we'll just keep our heads below the parapet at Links Park for a while yet and soldier on regardless.

Top 3 look good at present but .............. ?

I'll settle for top 8. I wouldn't want us to go up and do a "Brechin"

I was beginning to fear for us early on in the season but as the games roll by, we seem to be coming to grips with the demands of the higher league. 
I think we will hold our own and gather more points in the second half of the season than the first.

Best Player at your Club

Got to have been Harry Paton - when he was on his game he was very good.  Graeme Smith has also been very good for us this season shouting directions and commanding his box.  Mark McGuigan is starting to find his form again after a slow start to the season.

Worst player at your club

Alan Reid looked on paper to be a good signing but looks well of the pace and ended up being dropped before being brought back into the fold recently but still shows no signs of any improvement.  Why Bomber brought in Jesus Garcia Tena is anyones guess.  He is certainly worse than Dunlop and Marsh and looks another liability in defence.

Manager(s) ratings

To some it was a surprise when Ferguson was shown the door but under him our game was dour, there was no plan B and he was very lucky to get us promoted.  Substitutions were another bone of contention and under him you were never confident that the team would perfom well over several weeks.  At times he was too loyal to certain players, they were costing us games and showing a lack of performance yet he stuck by them.  He appeared to be very genuine when you spoke to him but unfortunately was lacking in the managerial game.

McMenamen was a strange choice for some but probably an easy one for the board.  It will be telling who he brings in over the next couple of weeks but appears to have a difficult task of keeping us up.  Apart fom the Falkirk game the team does not look great and bringing back Reid does not look a clever move either.  There is ability in the team but the problem is getting them to play to it and consistantly.  If he does not get results and keep us up I would expect a change of manager at the end of the season. I would be surprised if he is on a longer contract than that.

Best signing of the summer

Graeme Smith has been a decent signing for us and Connor Duthie looks like he can do a job as well.

Worst signing of the summer

Tena and Reid stand out a mile as poor signings and why Bomber brought in O'Hara is anyone's guess - the sooner his loan is terminated the better.

Most improved player

As FF stated Donaldson looks the part and could probably play at a higher level although he appears to have been restricted in recent matches of making his surging runs and crosses.

Who's winning the league?

Cannot see past Arbroath at this point although at times there does not seem a great deal between the teams apart from consistancy

Who's making the play-offs?

Raith Rovers,  Airdrie,  Forfar and East Fife will fight it out.

Who's finishing 9th?

Will be between us and Brechin although Dumbarton may not improve.

Who's getting relegated?

One of the above 3 - it is with a degree of  hope that we survive but will be down to us taking points from Brechin. They look incredibly poor but are still sitting above us.

Best player in the league

Bobby Linn looks the part and totally destroyed us a few weeks back.  Harry Paton when he was on his game looked special.

High point of the season

The performance we displayed against Falkirk showed that there was potential in the team.  It is tragic that they have not shown that degree of capability more often this season.

Low point of the season

Our inability to score away from home during the first quarter of the season was an issue which probably contributed to Bomber's departure. Our inability to play for 90 minutes is also another low point.  The decision of Harry paton to return to Ross County, while probably correct for him, is likely to cause us a lot of problems.

Best Player at your club

Tough one between Daryll Meggatt and Scott Agnew for me. Both have made a huge impact. I'll have to go for Daryll Meggat though. Maybe a bit unfair as I think Aggy has played every game but what swings it is the difference it makes when Meggatt's not been in the team. We just look so much more calm and assured when he's there.

Worst Player at your club

Like a lot of folk, don't really like this category. It's been a good season so far, it seems like we've got a really good, committed bunch of players but I have to say it doesn't look like Scott McBride is cut out for L1.

Manager(s) at your club Rating

Darren Young's done a good job this season. I think he recruited very well on the budget he had in the summer. Things seemed to take a while to gel together with poor results in the League Cup and the first few League games but there's been a big improvement since then. All things considered, it's the best we've looked in a good while and two derby wins doesn't do any harm. 9/10

Best Signing of the summer at your club?

As mentioned Meggatt and Agnew are my players of the year so far but I think we all knew they'd be good signings. Going to go for Brett Long. Nobody really knew too much about him when he signed and young keepers from higher up the leagues can be a bit hit or miss but Brett's been excellent so far. Agree with a few others, best keeper we've had in a long time.

Worst Signing at your club

Have to go for McBride again.

Most Improved Player at your club

Tough one because all of the guys who have been playing regularly and were here last season were our best players last year so they've pretty much kept that up. I'll give it to Pat Slattery. A bit of a utility player in some ways but he's been excellent at left back this season and pretty much made that position his own in my eyes. Wee bit of a mare at Dumbarton (not alone there) but apart from that he's been absolutely solid.

Who's winning the League?

Arbroath. 

Who's making the playoffs?

Raith Rovers - Definitely seem softer than last season but they should have enough firepower to claim 2nd.
East Fife - Barring any collapses, I think we've got the quality and mentality to see off the challenge from the pack below us.
Airdrie - Most impressive of the chasing pack from what I've seen. I think Murray will keep kicking them into shape as well. Could be a decent shout for promotion if they can hit the play-offs with a bit of form.

Who's finishing 9th?

Stenhousemuir - Clearly lacking that bit of quality compared to most teams in the league. But they've looked organised and decent enough and McGuigan is always a threat. I think they'll pip Brechin for 9th.

Who's going down?

Brechin City - A team and club caught in a malaise and candidates for the dreaded 'double drop'. Jackson's a good player but they look bereft of creativity and barring some miraculous January activity, I doubt Barry Smith is the man to change that.

Best player in the league?

For the first half of the season, have to give it to Bobby Linn. He's always been a very good player at this level but seems to have added a frightening level of consistency to his game.

Highlight so far of the season…

Definitely Aaron Dunsmore's injury time winner against Raith at Bayview. Massive relief to get that first derby win in my time supporting the club and to do it in that manner... 

Lowlight...

0-4 defeat away to Dumbarton. This was the game that ended an 8 game winning streak. And what a way to end it. We looked totally abject and Dumbo ripped us to bits (why do we make them look like Brazil 1970?). Thankfully, that game has been the exception to this season's rule.

The three teams that do make the playoffs could have to overcome either Falkirk or Partick Thistle to progress, as those two are really struggling and Alloa have moved five points clear.  Could make for some interesting playoff games and next year the wee Seaside League could be quite different!

18 minutes ago, Old Diamond said:

The three teams that do make the playoffs could have to overcome either Falkirk or Partick Thistle to progress, as those two are really struggling and Alloa have moved five points clear.  Could make for some interesting playoff games and next year the wee Seaside League could be quite different!

We've already beaten Partick and should have beaten Falkirk in the league cup if our old Achilles heel from last season (conceding goals from corners) hadn't reared it's ugly head. Falkirk got gubbed by Stenny as well. Big clubs (for L1 anyway) but unless they improve, they'll be very beatable by the time the play-offs roll round.

20 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

We've already beaten Partick and should have beaten Falkirk in the league cup if our old Achilles heel from last season (conceding goals from corners) hadn't reared it's ugly head. Falkirk got gubbed by Stenny as well. Big clubs (for L1 anyway) but unless they improve, they'll be very beatable by the time the play-offs roll round.

Best part about the playoffs is that in theory the team in 9th should be absolute guff, low morale, piss poor players, every playoff team in league 1 should defo give them a good game. 

Archived