Biggest diddies you have seen at your club...

Jim Gardiner is probably the worst in a very long list of players to play for us. What made it’s worse was him being part of a swap deal that took Paul Lambert to Well. Genuinely terrible footballer. Special mention though to Stevie Galloway, a target man who seemed to get smaller every time he went up for a header.

20 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Markus Paatelainen
Mikko Paatelainen
Jamie McQuilken
Brian O’Neil
Ricky Gillies
Thomas Solberg
Nicky Walker
David Winnie
Neil Macfarlane
Jackie McNamara
Scott Muirhead
Bryan Prunty
David Gonzalez
Davide Grassi
Peter “Silky” Hetherston
Greg Tansey
Steven Craig

.....and the worst of all, Jerel Ifil.....blame the fans that went to the Windass testimonial in Hull for that one

That's a horrendous list. I'd add Bertie Bossu and Dan Smith...remember him?

Jackie Mac is the only player I've ever really been raging at in a dons shirt. Disinterested c*nt.

ETA Dave Bus and Nigel Pepper

Edited by GTG_03
Dave Bus and big Nige

Oh let’s see - Jordan Robertson,
rachid djbali (how he played in the African nations is anyone’s guess),
Benito Kemble,
Dyron Daal,
90% of John Connolly’s signings
and a special mention to the most arrogant donkey ever - Rudi Vata

Oh let’s see - Jordan Robertson,
rachid djbali (how he played in the African nations is anyone’s guess),
Benito Kemble,
Dyron Daal,
90% of John Connolly’s signings
and a special mention to the most arrogant donkey ever - Rudi Vata

Benny Kemble was a decent defender for us. He also had an incredible record of keeping Henrik Larsson quiet.

Þórarinn Kristjánsson, he genuinely looked like he'd never played football before in his fleeting appearances for us. 

Lubomír Blaha was a similar non-scoring striker that Calderwood enjoyed signing.

Which reminds me of the utter thug that was Tommy Wright. Genuinely embarrassing watching him. His final home appearance against Hamilton was a shocker. Lunged into several reckless and late tackles and was lucky to not be sent off. Wasted £100k on him as well.

Edited by NorthernLights

On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 22:47, ATLIS said:

See the source image
Darren fucking Cole

Was going to say Cole too, Greg Strong hasn't been mentioned though, he was so slow and had the turning circle of an oil tanker.  Ludo Roy was quite awful for us too, always be remembered for throwing the ball into his own net.

1 hour ago, Fife Saint said:

The John Connolly Clown Collective is a decent band name come to think of it.

Has Connolly's legend status at St Johnstone been badly damaged by his stint as manager, or is he still fondly regarded due to his playing career?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Has Connolly's legend status at St Johnstone been badly damaged by his stint as manager, or is he still fondly regarded due to his playing career?

That whole era feels like a distant fever dream. I'd say over time people will gloss over that stint and he's still revered.

I think he got more rope than others would have been afforded and there was a feeling of sadness that it didn't work out.

2 hours ago, Fife Saint said:

That whole era feels like a distant fever dream. I'd say over time people will gloss over that stint and he's still revered.

I think he got more rope than others would have been afforded and there was a feeling of sadness that it didn't work out.

Needless to say, he was great with us. 

Despite the clubs being in the same division at the time he moved though, it was probably a very different job that was required of him at St Johnstone.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

On 30/12/2018 at 21:35, Silvio said:

He was utterly brutal. Head like a 50p piece - the ball just bounced off it and then went anywhere but where he probably meant it to go.

Tom Hendrie's search for a striker in 2000/01 saw is linked with luminaries including Bebeto, Cadette, Amokachi and, moust famously, Ronaldinho. After we binned light-hands Paeslack we ended up with Maikel Renfurm and Graham Fenton. The latter spent half his time being told to chase long balls despite having no pace - then discovered he had asthma about 15 years before British Cycling and Team Sky discovered that could be advantageous for a sportsman.

More recently there's been such superstars as Alan Gow, Alex Cooper, Yoann Arquin and the aforementioned Kyle Hutton. Jeff King and Cole Kpekawa make the list too.

Where do I start with this nonsense?

Previous Dandies on this thread have produced a litany of absolute horse-manure that have pulled on the AFC shirt.  But yet...

There are additional horrors who have not yet to have their crimes against both AFC and Football in general uncovered.

For Aberdeen there is one position above all for which fans of AFC will gnash their teeth and wail in grief... FULLBACK particularly left back!

The likes of Ritchie 'Roberto Carlos' Byrne and Jamie McQuilken are infamous in AFC lore.  No, it is not them, the horrors I speak of are from a time before.

Many do not believe this tale of woe, but it is both true and very, very sad.

The season of 1994/95 was ground zero for Aberdeen.  Willie 'God' Miller had taken leave of his senses and decided that there needed to be a revolution at Aberdeen and that this would turn us into brides rather than bridesmaids (it actually turned us into hoors, fvkked by all in sundry, famously including a pasiting in all but the scoreline by Stenhousemuir) and we finished rank bottom (of clubs that matter) and were saved via a new and brilliant innovation called a 'playoff'!

In '95 right back had been covered by McKimmie and Wright, left back by Glass and Gary Smith if I recall(?), not bad at all!

After he had led us through "the great escape of '95", it was believed that Roy Aitken was the man to take us forward and he was given simply oodles of sillar (cash) to do the job. 

Where should you look to get new 'talent' I hear you ask?  Well in Roy's case, he opened his 1994 World Cup Panini Book of stickers at the Bulgarian page (finished 4th) and chose not one but TWO world cup semi-finalist full-backs!

I shyt you not!  This really happened! (Maybe not the Panini bit, but the rest is true)!

Now everyone remembers the name (Kiriakov)  who's Wikipedia entry starts with the descriptive term "A player of great energy"  (I can only assume this is talking about his Chi energy)  because the player I remember was was a work-shy, listless shyte, that looked like he'd been on the brew all night, not slept and had a pack of 20 Bensons tucked into his shorts for a half time fag!

Now Kiriakov cost Aberdeen 400k (or for the hard of thinking 400,000 NewRangers FCs)!

The name people are less familiar with is the one associated with a price tag of 550k!  I bring you Tsanko Tsvetanov! 

That's right!  In 1996 Aberdeen spent circa 1million pounds on full-backs alone!   

Tsvetanov lasted a whole two seasons with Aberdeen, and our reward for this million pound largesse over the next two seasons was that; in 96/97 we finished 6th just behind the Pars (on 44 points, just 36 points off top spot), then in 97/98 we made the leap to erm... 6th (39 points, but only 35 points off top spot) so that's er... progress of sorts isn't it!

It took Aberdeen 10+ years to recover (some would claim we've still not recovered yet).  I still see those years as the truly dark days of Aberdeen.

Thanks for reading.

Next week, I'll be discussing the the topic - Alex 'that kvnt' Miller, why, just fvkking why?!

Yours

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep