Biggest diddies you have seen at your club...

Ryan McGivern sticks out as being one of the most  thoroughly awful players I've ever seen.

Not even a Hibs fan but I don't think he's been mentioned yet in this thread, and he really, really deserves inclusion.

iirc craigkillie posted that the first time he ever saw him play was for New Zealand in a match where he got sent off after about 10 minutes by  virtue of being a clumsy, useless oaf.

edit: had a quick google, looks like it was for Northern Ireland in a friendly against Scotland, not NZ. No idea why I thought he played for the Kiwi's!

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

1 hour ago, Londonwell said:

At no point watching Joe Chalmers did I think he he had any kind of footballing ability whatsoever. I was amazed he’d made it to professional level. He was then given a Scot U’21 cap and I reasoned that either I didn’t have a clue about football or the world had gone mad.

Chalmers is a classic case of being a regular for Old Firm youth teams being far more important than playing regular first team football in the Premiership or Championship when it comes to getting selected for Scotland age groups. He is useless - aside from in Football Manager a few years back.

2 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Ryan McGivern sticks out as being one of the most  thoroughly awful players I've ever seen.

Not even a Hibs fan but I don't think he's been mentioned yet in this thread, and he really, really deserves inclusion.

iirc craigkillie posted that the first time he ever saw him play was for New Zealand in a match where he got sent off after about 10 minutes by  virtue of being a clumsy, useless oaf.

edit: had a quick google, looks like it was for Northern Ireland in a friendly against Scotland, not NZ. No idea why I thought he played for the Kiwi's!

he was the bleached blonde haired Man City loanee. 

A Hibee supporting mate suffered a season of watching him being horseshite, He then signed for Port Vale and my mate started wishing every evil on Port Vale for employing him because of the suffering he'd endured watching McGivern.

Now playing for everyone's favourite Northern Irish team, Linfield.  

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Chalmers is a classic case of being a regular for Old Firm youth teams being far more important than playing regular first team football in the Premiership or Championship when it comes to getting selected for Scotland age groups. He is useless - aside from in Football Manager a few years back.

Aye, he kept Stephen Kingsley out of the Scotland team at the time. Unbelievable.

I'd like to add a few diddies I don't think have been mentioned yet. All will be kinda recent.

Dan Twardzik

Yassin Moutaoukil

Angelis Charalambous (cheating cos he never played but included via the Holm Kraska rule. Also cos he was a tank commander)

Esteban Casagolda

Fraser Kerr

Zaine Francis-Angol

Craig Reid

Nathan Thomas

Wes Fletcher

Lee Lucas

On 12/30/2018 at 16:49, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Richard Roy, Oumar Diaby, Nico Sumsky, Kemy Augustein, Sam Kelly, Alex Penny.

those middle three are amazing.

On 12/30/2018 at 21:37, capt_oats said:

Recency bias perhaps but Jacob Blyth is the fud of fuds (and a monumentally shite footballer to boot)...

4256FDD700000578-4697140-image-a-18_1500

4256FDEF00000578-4697140-image-a-22_1500

That bellend has his own trademark on them. The bottom one was at his grannies funeral tae I am sure.

Jerel Ifil and Dave Bus are two that spring straight to mind, but will likely have already been mentioned by other Dons fans. 

Some recency bias and he admittedly didn't play too many games for us, but Chidi Nwakali was an absolutely shocking football player - no composure, no physical presence, and no positional sense. I was pretty convinced that he feigned injury in the 3-0 defeat to Motherwell at Hampden last season just to put himself out of his misery, such was the comically abject nature of his performance. He did not feature again after that. 

6 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

That bellend has his own trademark on them. The bottom one was at his grannies funeral tae I am sure.

In fairness to him the images are linked from media outlets so it'll be them who have added the copyright watermark rather than the bellend himself.

Moses Duckrell signed around the same time as Myles Hippolyte so we had a great transfer window when you looked at the names. 

Hippolyte was at least okay but Duckrell was just a bit of a fanny who was more interested in making Vines/Youtube videos than playing football. Only good thing that came from him was his snapchat showing that Hippolyte wasn't arsed either. 

Darren Cole has already been mentioned. Rob Ogleby was also genuinely awful and I don't think he could score into an empty net from a yard out, not surprised in the slightest to see he's stopped playing at only 26 years old (now a scout at Wrexham). Hugo Faria probably deserves a mention as well. 

5 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Jerel Ifil and Dave Bus are two that spring straight to mind, but will likely have already been mentioned by other Dons fans. 

Some recency bias and he admittedly didn't play too many games for us, but Chidi Nwakali was an absolutely shocking football player - no composure, no physical presence, and no positional sense. I was pretty convinced that he feigned injury in the 3-0 defeat to Motherwell at Hampden last season just to put himself out of his misery, such was the comically abject nature of his performance. He did not feature again after that. 

I mind texting one of my pals who was in the Dons end saying the same thing at the time. God damn he was dreadful and he also seemed to be about 4 feet tall. A honking display and he just looked like he wanted to head down the tunnel.

Where do you start with Aberdeen - quick look at the wonderful aberdeen fc heritage site - this these are all signings then any youth player coming through: 

Haraldur Ingolfsson
Ricky Gillies
Illian Kiriakov
Tzanko Tzvetanov
John Inglis
Nicky Walker
Michael O'Neil
Mike Newell
Jim Hamilton
Alex Notman
David Lilley
Juan Cobain
Rachid Belabed
Ben Thornley
Leon Mike
Eugene Dadi
Laurent D'Jaffo
Nicolas Fabiano
Patrizio Billio
David Zdrillic
David Lilley
Bryan Prunty
Jamie McQuilken
Michael Bird
Noel Whelan
Richie Byrne
Jamie Winter
Steven Craig
Fernando Pasquinelli
Thorarinn Kristjansson
Danny Griffin
Ferne Snoyl
Neil MacFarlane
Dyron Daal
Jackie McNamara
Lee Mair
Alan Maybury
Jeffery de Visscher
Josh Walker
Stuart Duff
Dave Bus
Dan Smith
Mark Kerr 
Gary Ghost McDonald
Javan Vidal
Jared Hodgkiss
Tommy Wright
Sammy Stewart
Bertrand Bossu

I still haven't hit the McGhee era yet!

Jerel Ifil
Davide Grassi
Jim Paterson
Paul Marshall
Maurice Ross
Stuart Nelson
Nikola Vujadinovic
David McNamee
Mark Howard
Andrius Velicka
Myles Anderson
Jason Brown
David Gonzalez
Stephen Hughes
Mohamed Chalali
Daniel Uchechi
Rory Fallon
Calvin Zola
Alan Tate
Gregg Wylde
Donervorn Daniels
Andrew Driver
Jeffrey Monakana
Josh Parker
Wes Burns
Miles Storey
Greg Tansey
Chidiebere Nwakali

Edited by betting competition

On 02/01/2019 at 10:28, Monkey Tennis said:

Has Connolly's legend status at St Johnstone been badly damaged by his stint as manager, or is he still fondly regarded due to his playing career?

Depends on your generation. I'm in my 20s and I associate his name with that disastrous spell, probably the worst Saints team in my lifetime.

Obviously the older ones will always think of him as a player.

3 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Where do you start with Aberdeen - quick look at the wonderful aberdeen fc heritage site: 

David Gonzalez

He was such a weird one. Looked the part, never made any obvious errors, but never actually saved anything. Any reasonably well struck shot was invariably a goal.

I'd like to add a few diddies I don't think have been mentioned yet. All will be kinda recent.

Dan Twardzik

Yassin Moutaoukil

Angelis Charalambous (cheating cos he never played but included via the Holm Kraska rule. Also cos he was a tank commander)
Esteban Casagolda
Fraser Kerr
Zaine Francis-Angol
Craig Reid
Nathan Thomas
Wes Fletcher
Lee Lucas

Nathan Thomas was a weird one. Never quite worked out why he played so little, only to go on and do reasonably well back down the road (the obvious reason is that he was mince).

Forgot about Lee Lucas too - he actually looked ok in patches for the thirty seconds or so he’d manage per game before he got injured.

I’d also like to throw in a few randoms from the McLeish/Davies/Black-ish era, namely:

Steven Cosgrove
John Davies
Steven Nicholas
Franck Bernhard
Steve McDonald (a player so bad no images apparently exist of him - perhaps a Butcher signing but still)