Biggest diddies you have seen at your club...

Derek Adams is far from the worst player I've ever seen in C&A but I'll happily nominate him and Stevie Woods for the "utter gash but we played them week in week out nevertheless" award.

Probably overlooked due him only playing a single game, but Myles Anderson has to be up there the biggest frauds in recent memory.

Signed by in 2010 Craig Brown from Leyton Orient (where he had never played), Anderson played once for us, and he was bloody awful. Premier League Blackburn Rovers obviously saw something that no-one else did as they then signed him on a free transfer. He made no appearances for Blackburn in 18 months, but Exeter City thought there was a diamond in there, picking him up on a free. 

One year, and one solitary League 2 substitute appearance later, he had rocked up at Monza in the Italian 3rd division. The 8 games he played there must really have impressed someone, because a year later he was signed by Serie A side Chievo.

Clearly this bizarre career had nothing to do with his Dad being a high profile football agent...

John Hughes..... He never put on his boots for us but we had weeks of being skelped and him coming out with dross like - the boys showed character and we want to pass the ball. Ironic when we had performers like Darren Cole " shoring up" the defence. Remember being 2 down at home , forget who against, and a cry came out of the crowd for him to change things. He turned round and told the fan if he did not like what he was seeing he should go and spend Saturday afternoons shopping with his wife, (expletives deleted.)

There's so, so, so many absolute diddies have played for us in recent times. 

Jake Taylor - The invisible man. A midfielder who vanished whenever anyone looked for him. 

Deimantis Petravicius - The competition winner. He was signed because he was a pacey wide player but I'm honestly not entirely sure he'd ever kicked a ball in his life. An atrocious footballer.

Jacob Blyth - Ankles made of chocolate and absolutely loved the gear. 

Zak Jules - His highlight reel for us is fucking spectacular. The number of goals we conceded singlehandedly down to him being totally inept is staggering. 

Where do I start with this nonsense?
Previous Dandies on this thread have produced a litany of absolute horse-manure that have pulled on the AFC shirt.  But yet...
There are additional horrors who have not yet to have their crimes against both AFC and Football in general uncovered.
For Aberdeen there is one position above all for which fans of AFC will gnash their teeth and wail in grief... FULLBACK particularly left back!
The likes of Ritchie 'Roberto Carlos' Byrne and Jamie McQuilken are infamous in AFC lore.  No, it is not them, the horrors I speak of are from a time before.

Many do not believe this tale of woe, but it is both true and very, very sad.
The season of 1994/95 was ground zero for Aberdeen.  Willie 'God' Miller had taken leave of his senses and decided that there needed to be a revolution at Aberdeen and that this would turn us into brides rather than bridesmaids (it actually turned us into hoors, fvkked by all in sundry, famously including a pasiting in all but the scoreline by Stenhousemuir) and we finished rank bottom (of clubs that matter) and were saved via a new and brilliant innovation called a 'playoff'!
In '95 right back had been covered by McKimmie and Wright, left back by Glass and Gary Smith if I recall(?), not bad at all!
After he had led us through "the great escape of '95", it was believed that Roy Aitken was the man to take us forward and he was given simply oodles of sillar (cash) to do the job. 
Where should you look to get new 'talent' I hear you ask?  Well in Roy's case, he opened his 1994 World Cup Panini Book of stickers at the Bulgarian page (finished 4th) and chose not one but TWO world cup semi-finalist full-backs!
I shyt you not!  This really happened! (Maybe not the Panini bit, but the rest is true)!
Now everyone remembers the name (Kiriakov)  who's Wikipedia entry starts with the descriptive term "A player of great energy"  (I can only assume this is talking about his Chi energy)  because the player I remember was was a work-shy, listless shyte, that looked like he'd been on the brew all night, not slept and had a pack of 20 Bensons tucked into his shorts for a half time fag!
Now Kiriakov cost Aberdeen 400k (or for the hard of thinking 400,000 NewRangers FCs)!
The name people are less familiar with is the one associated with a price tag of 550k!  I bring you Tsanko Tsvetanov! 
That's right!  In 1996 Aberdeen spent circa 1million pounds on full-backs alone!   
Tsvetanov lasted a whole two seasons with Aberdeen, and our reward for this million pound largesse over the next two seasons was that; in 96/97 we finished 6th just behind the Pars (on 44 points, just 36 points off top spot), then in 97/98 we made the leap to erm... 6th (39 points, but only 35 points off top spot) so that's er... progress of sorts isn't it!
It took Aberdeen 10+ years to recover (some would claim we've still not recovered yet).  I still see those years as the truly dark days of Aberdeen.
Thanks for reading.

Next week, I'll be discussing the the topic - Alex 'that kvnt' Miller, why, just fvkking why?!
Yours
aDONis
Kiriakov was the sole player on the pitch at Aitkens last game at Tannadice who stopped that game from being an absolute rout.

Tsventanov and Glass worked the left side really well when both were fit.
There are far worse players than that that have disgraced the jerseys.

Gary fkn Dempsey, in the Duthie Park on a Sunday, would have been the unused sub.
Mark Kerr, arrested for scrapping in a piss poor nightclub then gets made Captain?
Absolute abortion of a player

6 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

I'll echo sentiments of other Killie fans by saying Paul Dalglish. A fraud of the highest order because a fitba player he was not. 

I remember actually feeling sorry for dalglish during a game as he just didn’t have the level of talent required. A lot of pressure on a player with that surname.

Kiriakov was the sole player on the pitch at Aitkens last game at Tannadice who stopped that game from being an absolute rout.

Tsventanov and Glass worked the left side really well when both were fit.
There are far worse players than that that have disgraced the jerseys.

Gary fkn Dempsey, in the Duthie Park on a Sunday, would have been the unused sub.
Mark Kerr, arrested for scrapping in a piss poor nightclub then gets made Captain?
Absolute abortion of a player

Gary Dempsey was no world beater but he was fine for us. Strange choice.

That whole era feels like a distant fever dream. I'd say over time people will gloss over that stint and he's still revered.

I think he got more rope than others would have been afforded and there was a feeling of sadness that it didn't work out.
i think this will be exactly the same with mccann.

22 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Surprised that no Motherwell fans have mentioned Joe Chalmers.

In fact, we could just include the whole defence from the 5-1 mauling we took off Dundee a couple of seasons ago.

At no point watching Joe Chalmers did I think he he had any kind of footballing ability whatsoever. I was amazed he’d made it to professional level. He was then given a Scot U’21 cap and I reasoned that either I didn’t have a clue about football or the world had gone mad.

At no point watching Joe Chalmers did I think he he had any kind of footballing ability whatsoever. I was amazed he’d made it to professional level. He was then given a Scot U’21 cap and I reasoned that either I didn’t have a clue about football or the world had gone mad.

He got hunted out of Falkirk for being shit and we signed him. It was a shocking signing.

Surprised that no Motherwell fans have mentioned Joe Chalmers.

In fact, we could just include the whole defence from the 5-1 mauling we took off Dundee a couple of seasons ago.

Samson, McMillan, Jules, Heneghan and Chalmers. Jesus wept. Cannae believe we got cash for Heneghan.

Also Craig Clay was in that team too. File him under “absolutely fucking pointless midfielder”.