The Three Team Mini-League

Which club will finish 12th?  

335 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not away.
Last night we scored twice as many goals in one game as Canning's teams managed in six at Pittodrie.

I still think it’s too early to call either way - you’ll be able to tell at the end of the season whether or not it was a good decision. Canning could argue that he had you on track to survive in 10th place when he was sacked. If you finish 10th I’d say it was defo the right call.

On 2/25/2019 at 15:00, Skondras said:

Good point for St. Mirren on Saturday Munoz. 

You must fancy your chances this Saturday now. 

Big chance for St. Mirren to catch up with Dundee at Ibrox and Hamilton at  Pittodrie. 

Well would you look at that, this three team mini league has and will continue to have many twists.

I for one didn't expect to win at Pittodrie, this makes St. Mirrens game on Saturday even bigger with 7 points currently separating them and 10th place.  

Prior to the split the fixtures for the three of us are: 

DUNDEE                                    HAMILTON                          ST MIRREN

Hearts (H)                                  Motherwell (A)                  Kilmarnock (H)

Celtic (H)                                    Hearts (H)                             St Johnstone (A)

St Mirren (A)                            Kilmarnock (A)                  Dundee (H)

St Johnstone (A)                    Livingston (A)                     Celtic (H)

Aberdeen (H).                         St Mirren (H)                      Hamilton (A)

I reckon Dundee have the toughest run of matches with St Mirren having the easiest.  Time will tell.

19 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Mad that the three of us have gone from the three worst teams ever seen to looking somewhat competent in the past few weeks.

Does this not always happen? Teams in the middle of the park start taking their eyes off the ball, while those at the bottom are scrapping for everything, I imagine itll happen up until the split, then the middle of the pack teams will pick up again.

2 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Prior to the split the fixtures for the three of us are: 

DUNDEE                                    HAMILTON                          ST MIRREN

Hearts (H)                                  Motherwell (A)                  Kilmarnock (H)

Celtic (H)                                    Hearts (H)                             St Johnstone (A)

St Mirren (A)                            Kilmarnock (A)                  Dundee (H)

St Johnstone (A)                    Livingston (A)                     Celtic (H)

Aberdeen (H).                         St Mirren (H)                      Hamilton (A)

I reckon Dundee have the toughest run of matches with St Mirren having the easiest.  Time will tell.

Max 10 points for us out of that.

Max 9 points for Accies.

Max 3 points for St Mirren.

Fingers crossed, just IMO of course.

15 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

It would be nice if St Mirren could be shite again.

We were pretty woeful today, though weather conditions didn't help, but will need to play better in the coming weeks to keep on picking up points.

7 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Great result today Buddies! Imagine Ryan Flynn actually scoring a goal when it really mattered! I’d be more than happy to gift you three points in a couple of week, if it meant sending Dundee down instead of you guys.

To be fair, with the run Kilmarnock is on it’s not like you’ve any real chance of winning it.

3 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

To be fair, with the run Kilmarnock is on it’s not like you’ve any real chance of winning it.

It's pretty funny how bad they've been ever since Greg Stewart left for a bigger team.

2 hours ago, kennysmassiveego said:

Can’t argue with that tbf 

But Dundee have been woeful since the era of Ravinelli and Caniggia 

Aw man, I was expecting you'd say that we've been shite ever since Greg Stewart left for a bigger team, but we both know that isn't true.

6 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Aw man, I was expecting you'd say that we've been shite ever since Greg Stewart left for a bigger team, but we both know that isn't true.

Weirdly, Aberdeen have also been fairly shite since Greg Stewart left Kilmarnock for a bigger team.

Wonder what the odds are for all 3 teams to finish on the same points tally?

One team will pull away I think and the team in 10th will be safe going into the last game or two of the season. Think 11th and 12th will come down to the final game.

8 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Again you won’t get an argument from me . 

I sincerely hope Greg sees the error of his ways and returns to the only team that can offer him a remote chance of mediocrity......

Archived