• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Ludo*1

The Three Team Mini-League

Which club will finish 12th?  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Which club will finish 12th?

• Hamilton
    • St Mirren
    • Dundee
  2. 2. Which club will finish 11th?

• Hamilton
    • St Mirren
    • Dundee
  3. 3. Will the club in 11th win the play-off?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Skondras said:

Dundee will see Livingston as winnable, with Hamilton going to Easter Road it seems like a big chance for Dundee to catch us.  

Idk, with their ridiculous head coach situation and Accies' recent improvement there's a good chance to get consecutive wins for the first time this season.

To be fair to Kearney, I think he's had a big disadvantage over Rice and McIntyre.
When you look at McIntyre coming in, he was really inheriting one of the worst teams I can ever remember Dundee starting a top flight season with. Despite getting humped from lower league teams and looking miles away from anything, there are Dundee players in the squad who have some level of competency and have been there before.
O'Dea, Kusunga, Kerr, Kamara, McGowan and Kenny Miller have all got a bit of experience in this level and shown themselves to be OK players in the past for Dundee; Ralph too was one of McCann's only signings and did OK. Hamilton too had Woods, Gordon, Kilgallon, MacKinnon, Imrie, Gogic who I think have experience and don't seem out of place in this league.
At St Mirren, there's only really the McGinn brothers who you could point to as having some experience at this level and of the two of them, Paul had a poor season at Thistle last season and Stephen last played at this level a few years ago. There were a few players who continued from last season with some ability and promise but they are quite young and inexperienced, trying to perform in a weak side.
Like Dundee and Hamilton, St Mirren have added a lot of players and badly needed to but there was at least something there with demonstrated capability to be used in some way. I think that it is easily the toughest job out of the three for any manager to take on. They aren't out of it yet and if Dundee don't keep getting points on the board, they could still fight for a play off spot if they take a result or two somewhere. They have both Dundee and Hamilton to play twice.
That being said, I was a little bit surprised that Neilson and McIntyre were overlooked for the job. I know McIntyre had a bit of seethe at him for his last window at County but he knows the game here and has a fair amount of experience from relatively recently and a couple of success stories. He's also inherited a situation before when he had to throw together a team in January and shifest a season out. He was the logical appointment for anyone in that situation at the time IMO.
Neilson was the front runner to replace Jack Ross in the summer but pulled out, think it was down to budget versus expectations.

You've been waiting tae say that for ages haven't ye?
If I'm being honest I had my finger hovering over the send button in injury time v you lot and Killie, only to delete the post.

Shame to drop into the bottom two. I don't fancy us to win until the Livi two games before the split.

That’ll be us 11th now. Dundee’s recruitment shat all over ours mainly because we left it far too late to oust Canning who should have gone before the winter break. This season has been lost from giving teams on a bad run a life line under Canning. I.e hibs coming to NDP with no wins in 8 and barely having to work for a win, Rangers humping us by 3 at ndp after not winning away since the previous February, Dundee’s first win of the season, Motherwell winning the derby with their reserve team.

That st mirren team are still an absolute gang without Morgan despite that point today. So I’ve got no worries about 12th and would be slightly more confident seeing off the championship team now than I would have been with Canning.

Yes, we left it far too late to bin Canning. It'll probably come back to bite us (I think we'll finish 11th at best). If only the board had seen what everyone else was seeing and acted earlier.

Dundee's squad should be nowhere near the bottom 2, so I think they'll start pulling away now.

Great point for St Mirren today. I don't believe for a second that they're dead and buried.

Yes, we left it far too late to bin Canning. It'll probably come back to bite us (I think we'll finish 11th at best). If only the board had seen what everyone else was seeing and acted earlier.
Dundee's squad should be nowhere near the bottom 2, so I think they'll start pulling away now.
Great point for St Mirren today. I don't believe for a second that they're dead and buried.

I wish I could agree but I can’t. It would seem difficult for St Mirren to overhaul both of us but who knows?

Also FWIW I don’t think Livingstone are out of it anymore. Could well be dragged back towards Dundee.
Can't see both Accies and us catching Livi.

5 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I wish I could agree but I can’t. It would seem difficult for St Mirren to overhaul both of us but who knows?

Only thing in our favour (and it's not really a thing) is that if we do manage to catch and overtake someone, we'll at least be going into the playoff with some momentum.

But really, as much as we were not all that bad today, I think it's us for 12th and Accies for 11th.

17 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

We have a better run of games coming up after some really tough  fixtures. We have both yourselves and Dundee to play twice. Those games will be crucial.

Dundee will stay up comfortably. Pretty embarrassing if they don't.

Personally I hope Hamilton go down and then right down the shitter thereafter. It wouldn’t be embarrassing but it would be fucking hilarious