Ayr United V Whoever is left at Falkirk

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mon the Ayr! 
Hearing Chris Erskine has been allowed to find another club. Form an orderly queue lads...

Wouldn’t be surprised if McCall went for him.

I know Partick have been a bit shit this season but is Erskine still up to it?

24 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Harsh on Docherty who played well last week. I’m hoping he gives McGuffie a chance though but we’ll likely see Crawford out wide again.

Wasnt at Dumfries but i'm a fan of Docherty and heard he played well, so would indeed be harsh.  I just think we have missed Kerr a lot.   For what its worth i'd guess the team will be same as last week but with Moore in for Shankland - McCall has praised the general performance a couple of times now so cant see any unforced changes. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if McCall went for him.

I know Partick have been a bit shit this season but is Erskine still up to it?

Shown flashes earlier in the season under Archibald but hung out to dry by Caldwell. Brief sub appearances and stuck out on the left wing most recently.

8 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Shown flashes earlier in the season under Archibald but hung out to dry by Caldwell. Brief sub appearances and stuck out on the left wing most recently.

Joe McKee, Leo Fasan and Dallison-Lisboa for Chris Erskine exchange deal would be fair?

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Gives us a small 90 minute glimpse into life without Shankland. Massive chance for Moore to show he’s deserving of a place. 

Scary how bare we look with 1 striker out for what ever reason.

I always enjoy going to Somerset so I'll be there tomorrow and hopefully i don't recognise anyone in our starting 11.

Will be a big ask for the team to gel in such a short period of time but it would be impossible for them to be worse than what we've seen so far. Thistle have made some sensible signings so far in the window so we need to start getting points on the board now.

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

Mon the Ayr! 

Hearing Chris Erskine has been allowed to find another club. Form an orderly queue lads...

Ladeside could do with the return of the messiah to save them from relegation...................

24 minutes ago, Honestmen said:

Scary how bare we look with 1 striker out for what ever reason.

We've been very lucky this season with both injuries and suspensions right up until about 4 weeks ago and then it's just hit all at once.

We've got a very small squad and taking Geggan, Forrest, Shankland & Kerr (if not fully fit) out of the equation means we're basically losing 4 first team regulars including our top goalscorer. Add to that Adams and you can see why it could be a struggle.

I for one can't complain, as I've mentioned on quite a few occasions how good it was to have a small tight knit group of a high calibre, but of course the downside is when you lose a few of them then you're potentially going to struggle.............

41 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I always enjoy going to Somerset so I'll be there tomorrow and hopefully i don't recognise anyone in our starting 11.

Will be a big ask for the team to gel in such a short period of time but it would be impossible for them to be worse than what we've seen so far. Thistle have made some sensible signings so far in the window so we need to start getting points on the board now.

Yep, my favourite away day. Would have been nice if our Official site had managed to spell “Somerset” correctly. They managed to get it wrong twice in the Match Day info page.

26 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

4 injuries for Ayr and 5,possibly more new signings for Falkirk and the bookies odds don't change,still 7/1  for away win. Probably about right unfortunately. 

Betfair were 8/1 yesterday.

I must admit to having a sneaky wee punt on Falkirk as I often back against my own team so as to ensure a win for us, since I'm really unlucky and right into self sacrifice..........

I have countered with £20 on an Ayr win. I will be seriously chuffed if it’s money down the drain. Might as well shove a £5 note on it being all square, and £5 on the Falkirk win.

3 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I have countered with £20 on an Ayr win. I will be seriously chuffed if it’s money down the drain. Might as well shove a £5 note on it being all square, and £5 on the Falkirk win.

Hopefully it's a decent game with a decent crowd and not a grim 0-0 draw (although I don't really see that).

Doesn’t look as though we will have enough reinforcements at the back, so the chances of our lot holding out for a clean sheet is negligible.

Without Petra’s pace, we don’t have a lot of goal threat on the break, so it’s unlikely there will be a lot of goalmouth action at the Ayr end.

8 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Heard that Rose is a doubt for Ayr tomorrow too - if he was to miss out it would surely be Higgins in to partner Bell

Christ, any more good news ??

Can he play wide right?

We don’t really need a number 10 but with McDaid on the left we could do with someone on the right hand side.

Archived