McDaid

Moffat

Shankland

Subs; Hare-Reid, Higgins, Ferguson, Ecrepont, Crawford, McCowan, Moore

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

If "no more than mediocre" brings us another three points on Saturday, I'll be delighted.

Second half of the game at Somerset we were far from mediocre

You've scraped past the worst falkirk side in my lifetime by  a goal on two occasions.  I'd like to think that on at least one of the next two occasions we play you are going to have to play a hell of a lot better to get the 3 points or we are definitely going down. If you play as you did on those occasions id like to think the worst we can get with our new squad is a draw at least. 

You've scraped past the worst falkirk side in my lifetime by  a goal on two occasions.  I'd like to think that on at least one of the next two occasions we play you are going to have to play a hell of a lot better to get the 3 points or we are definitely going down. If you play as you did on those occasions id like to think the worst we can get with our new squad is a draw at least. 
Bit ambitious considering you haven't seen your new team play yet. Who knows, they might be worse than previous.

On 12/30/2018 at 14:06, D'Jaffo said:

Will Falkirk have managed to bring in a whole load of new players by Saturday?

So far, it's...

Punted:

Mustapha Dumbaya

Marcus Haber (Also punted by Dundee)

Dennon Lewis

Prince Buaben 

Ruben Sammut (loan ended, Chelsea)

Mark Russell

Signed:

Paul Dixon (Grimsby Town)

Abdul Osman (PAS Lamia 1964)

Ian McShane (St Mirren)

Ross MacLean (Motherwell)

Mark Waddington (loan, Stoke City) 

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:
2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Bit ambitious considering you haven't seen your new team play yet. Who knows, they might be worse than previous.

I dont think its overly ambitious to say that i hope that in order to beat us in the next two games you will have to play a lot better than the last two. If Ayr play to the same level and we improve we have every chance of getting something. If we dont improve we're going down obviously. 

Getting a bit worried that Falkirk are really going to be up for this on Saturday with the seemingly constant conveyor belt of new signings arriving, that four you've signed today?

In saying that though they'll never all gel before the weekend (i hope).

4 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

You never tried to get into our half at your joint....ffs

11 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Can't comment too much on the away game as I wasn't there, but by all accounts we were comfortable in that game, plus our main striker was not 100% fit.

Home game we should have scored five or six in the second half. Even in the first half, when we turned in our worst 45 minutes of the season, we should have scored at least one.

Neither of those scenarios are what I would describe as scraping by.  Ultimately we won both and that is all that counts.

11 hours ago, Honestmen said:

You never tried to get into our half at your joint....ffs

Yeah thats cause we were utter dug meat m8. Surely our record backs that up. The majority of sides have cocked us home and away but Ayr struggled on both occasions against what was really a league 2 standard side. Anyway you are all missing my main point here which was that if Ayr dont have to play a whole lot better against us for the 3 points in the next two games then we are doomed. We need to be a whole lot better and if we are then so will Ayr.

It better be a genuine knock rather than because he’s offski. 

That didn’t even cross my mind till you said it.

I think if he was fit though he would play. Not sure how I feel about tomorrow now.

Oh well the rejuvenation of Falkirk Fc will begin tomorrow.

Whether Shankland is injured or off who knows but the speculation will certainly take off now. Maybe he's been carrying a knock the last few weeks which could explain his lack of goals.

Archived