Ayr United V Whoever is left at Falkirk

Tbf we’ve only played 3 home games since then and we still have the 2nd best home record in the league having played 2 games fewer than Ross County.

On paper we should be winning this but I don’t really know what to expect given Falkirk could have a completely different team by Saturday.

We have slipped quite comfortably into being absolute rank again in the last few games so no need to worry. there’s no way we will have enough new faces in or have enough time to even get them training together so should gift you boys a comfy three points

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost impossible to predict our team for this one. Not only has Ray said there's going to be a clear out but also that a lot of the team won't play for Falkirk again. 

New GK

Kidd Muirhead McGhee Dixon

McLean McShane Osman McKee Irving

Rudden

Almost impossible to predict our team for this one. Not only has Ray said there's going to be a clear out but also that a lot of the team won't play for Falkirk again. 
New GK
Rudden

So much for your claims that Irving and Rudden would be away this week then.

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

So much for your claims that Irving and Rudden would be away this week then.

I didn't say they'd be away this week. Their loan contracts end next week so although they'll both be leaving then, I think their departures could be announced this week.

Guest Ecosse83
7 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

New GK

Rudden

This lineup doesn't look too bad for Saturday but I'm not sure why you would have Irving on the left instead of Robson?

Hopefully by the end of the window there is a new RB (Kidd is awful) and an experienced central defender in there to take Muirheads position (he's completely gone at the game now in my opinion).

Ayr have looked no more than  mediocre in the two games between the clubs  so far but we've been utterly dire in recent weeks.  If we can get enough new bodies in we should be able to make  a decent game of it  but I still feel that this game is coming a bit too early in the window for us to get something unfortunately.

If another defender and a keeper land before Saturday I would be happy enough for Ray to test out our shitfesting abilities to see if Dixon and Hopefully AN Other have improved them, then just hope that one of the other potential new lads can pull something out their arse at the other end.

Shitfesting doesnt work if you have Mitchell or Fasan in goal as we know.

Lets really pull together and give the Ayr fans the worst game of football they have ever seen[emoji120]

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

If another defender and a keeper land before Saturday I would be happy enough for Ray to test out our shitfesting abilities to see if Dixon and Hopefully AN Other have improved them, then just hope that one of the other potential new lads can pull something out their arse at the other end.

Shitfesting doesnt work if you have Mitchell or Fasan in goal as we know.

Lets really pull together and give the Ayr fans the worst game of football they have ever seenemoji120.png

You obviously never saw us with Mark Roberts at the helm, some yard stick to beat.

I suppose this can go one of two ways for Falkirk, it will either be a huge success and along the same lines as the St Mirren revival a couple of seasons back (where they then went on to romp the league the following season), or the players won't gel and it could end up with relegation and subsequent financial trouble.

If it is going to be the former, could you do us a wee favour and leave it until the following week ??

Is Petra gonna be back for Saturday? If so I’d go

Mitchell

Kidd
McGhee
Brough
Dixon

McClean
Osman
McShane
Robson

Petra
Rudden (if he’s still here)

From the sounds of his injury, and the fact that he went home to Lithuania for treatment, I’d say extremely unlikely anytime soon...if at all.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

From the sounds of his injury, and the fact that he went home to Lithuania for treatment, I’d say extremely unlikely anytime soon...if at all.

Yeah didn't sound good. Also noticed Ray saying he had an operation and was waiting on results, and that his health was the most important thing. Using the word health makes it sound like it could be an illness as opposed to an injury. Could be wrong, but sounds like he's out for the long haul. Wish him well.

We have missed Petra hugely over the last few weeks. Assuming he's still out I'd go with:

Mitchell

Kidd  McGhee Dixon Robson

MacLean McShane Osman McKee Dunne

Rudden 

Subs: Mutch, Brough, Harrison, Waddington, Buaben, Irving,  O'Hara

Hopefully Fasan, Muirhead, Dallison and Paton will be gone by Saturday. 

If we could get another striker in before this game that would be beautiful  

ETA: Updated to reflect puntings 

5 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Ayr have looked no more than  mediocre in the two games between the clubs  so far but we've been utterly dire in recent weeks.  If we can get enough new bodies in we should be able to make  a decent game of it  but I still feel that this game is coming a bit too early in the window for us to get something unfortunately.

If "no more than mediocre" brings us another three points on Saturday, I'll be delighted.

Second half of the game at Somerset we were far from mediocre

I didn't say they'd be away this week. Their loan contracts end next week so although they'll both be leaving then, I think their departures could be announced this week.

“Look, it’s all right to donate your brain to science but shouldn’t you
have waited till you died?”

Archived