Ayr United V Whoever is left at Falkirk

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Bet all the Falkirk fans were absolutely shitting themselves at that goalmouth scramble which seemed to go on for a century.

Considering Shankland wasn’t on the park, naw. Didn’t feel threatened all day.

Expect us to win this tbh.

Arrogance personified imo.

Good stuff.

League position and our general superiority over the other teams

Take it everything that Ray has implemented has basically collapsed on its arse at this point. That interview really was something else. The last time I seen Falkirk you could at least notice a change, a little bit more organised with an emphasis on a solid defence. Which although not how you maybe wanted to play at least it showed progress.

This is the week we score double figures whether Falkirk bring in some crap players to replace their shite ones or not. 

It’s a bit cliche but I feel as though we’re really due giving a team a pumping.

Falkirk are in a bad way so we really do need to take advantage of that.

No need to plead with them . They're utter dug shite. Ayr will win this by 3 at least.

I'll more than likely get pelters for this from the Falkirk lads but I think MacKinnon is a dogshit manager. I've listened to his excuses over the last few weeks and they were wearing thin long before then. Reckon Morton dodged a bullet when he walked. 
Right then, pile in Bairns.

Must win for Ayr to get this return to the premiership season back on track!

Ayr Ayr Super Ayr!

If "no more than mediocre" brings us another three points on Saturday, I'll be delighted.
Second half of the game at Somerset we were far from mediocre

You never tried to get into our half at your joint....ffs

Can't comment too much on the away game as I wasn't there, but by all accounts we were comfortable in that game, plus our main striker was not 100% fit.
Home game we should have scored five or six in the second half. Even in the first half, when we turned in our worst 45 minutes of the season, we should have scored at least one.
Neither of those scenarios are what I would describe as scraping by.  Ultimately we won both and that is all that counts.

Falkirk to win this at a canter because they’ve signed a load of players surplus to requirements elsewhere

We've now got the added incentive of win tomorrow and we go back to the top of the league.

Must now win tomorrow, huge game all of a sudden.

Buzzing for this tomorrow after that result, all the news about new signings and injuries doesn't seem that big of a deal now

3-1

Love it that you have the 2 shitiest keepers in the league

Ayr win 3-1 shankland still making the bench and comes on to seal a hatrick

Actually looking forward to seeing how we fare without Shankland tomorrow, Moff and Moore are a good pairing anyway. 

IMG_2961.jpg

I’d be surprised if McCall doesn’t get tore in about McDaid for that dive.

We really need 1 or 2 new faces to freshen things up.

Falkirk were well organised today but posed little to no threat but we were piss poor.

All you need to do is keep shankland fit

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:
Maybe the sight of Beaton helped Doohan make the mistake.

Maybe the entitled, embarrassing tears of you and your entire club is fucking hilarious

I see the pish you post is the same down here even when your team wins.

13 minutes ago, Russ said:

What a performance that was. The game was probably similar to the game at TFS where a draw was a fair result but they scraped it and it was us today.

Don’t think anyone seen that formation coming playing a 5-4-1 but it worked and all the new boys contributed. So refreshing to see a Falkirk team get stuck in and properly compete. No shitfesting our way to a win but actually looking to get on the ball and pass it around and no get completely overran. The defence as well massive difference from the shite last week. No idea how the ball didn’t go in with that stramash at the end but through we defended superbly. Nae Aero and a cleansheet though.

Paul Dixon - Think his experience at the back is going to be vital. Really surprised how good he is in the air as well.

Ciaran McKenna - Absolute monster of a boy. Dominant in the air and looks composed and assured on the ball.

Ross MacLean - He’s no left foot but he played really well on the left and it was his shot that set up the goal. Hopefully his injury isn’t too bad, very impressive.

Ian McShane - Strolled it in the middle of the park and barely gave the ball away. Always wanting to get on the ball and can see he likes getting on the ball and building play from deep.

Mark Waddington - He was the one that surprised me the most. Was expecting him to be fairly shite but what a grafter. He was fucked by the time he went off ran his heart out. He’s a big physical player decent in the air but a strong runner with the ball as well.

Finally Zak Rudden. We really need to keep him till the summer. After a few poor performances recently he was class. Unbelievable work rate.

Agree with all of this. Lavery looked quite lively when he came on as well, all in all quite happy with all the new guys so far. McShane was MotM for me, and I cannot emphasise enough how much of a upgrade on Paul Paton he is. Ayr missed Shankland a lot today and I have no idea how Ayr didn't score from that scramble near the end, looked like Mitchell made 3 terrific stops in a row to earn us the points 

I'm stunned, we could have played for 2 weeks and not scored... hope Sir Lawrence is back next week.

A really poor one to concede from our point of view as well. Doohan should save it but the Falkirk player gets a clear shot from the edge of the box without an Ayr player in site. 

Falkirk certainly look better than the previous two times. The high press is pretty annoying as well, our defenders weren't getting much time on the ball. I reckon yous tired in the second half after you scored as it was pretty much one way traffic thereafter.

Enjoy your night and try to take points off of Dundee United and Ross County. Thanks.

Archived