Ayr United V Whoever is left at Falkirk

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Falkirk's signings are impressive imo. Getting to play them while the ink on their contracts is still drying (and while they still haven't signed a proper keeper) is obviously for the best.

Not confident of a win, as vital as it is to get things back on track. Failure yet again to win a home game, against the side at the foot of the table this time, would be a big indication that the team hasn't got the steam to make it to the end of the season, Shankland or no Shankland, especially if County stop needlessly throwing points away. On the other hand it could be a cricket score. Fingers crossed.

Anyone who gets needlessly sent off should be entertaining the possibility of someone else having their badge number by February.

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

First off, just like to say I'm not taking the piss, for the avoidance of any doubt. 

This is a good season test of what you will achieve. If you can't beat this Falkirk team without Shankland then I doubt you will be going up. 

Yes, I know we have signed players, but most of them have no idea who the other ones are. 

Given at least 4 of them are the shite I've been watching since August then I'd say that helps.

I'd hate to be in our side from 2018.

50 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

First off, just like to say I'm not taking the piss, for the avoidance of any doubt. 

This is a good season test of what you will achieve. If you can't beat this Falkirk team without Shankland then I doubt you will be going up. 

Yes, I know we have signed players, but most of them have no idea who the other ones are. 

I agree. 

Chuck all the new players in. The most important thing is that they have had a chance to work together and get some match sharpness before the Thistle game next week. 

Mutch

McGhee McKenna Brough Dixon

MacLean Osman McShane Robson

Lavery Rudden

I'd go with that. 

14 hours ago, Hawk89 said:
15 hours ago, Trogdor said:
^Set up nicely for a Moore red card tomorrow.
I'm feeling pretty nervy about this game. Did someone say Rose is out as well?  WTF happens at our club in January? Every season we are plagued with injuries. I for one am glad the club keeps us apprised.

Wouldn't get too excited it's John Beaton in charge. Doesn't know what a card is.

Well look on the positive side grabbing their balls and kicking them up the arse  are ok so as long as Moore keeps it within those limits he will be ok.

On the negative side why does the championship have to suffer these PL diddies every winter break. It's a mans game down in the championship 

10 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

This is a good season test of what you will achieve. If you can't beat this Falkirk team without Shankland then I doubt you will be going up

With all due respect, County got stuffed by a poor Morton side last night and Dundee Utd got caned by a mediocre part time Alloa side last Saturday, so as I've said before, ANY team can beat any other team in this league at any given time and nobody should be expecting to win every week, irrespective of who they support.

I do get your point that Falkirk have been very poor this season but equally Ayr have been very good for the most part, however you have strengthened massively over the past week and by the same token we will be missing 4 or 5 regular starters, so should we fail to beat you, I for one certainly won't be writing off our season and chucking the proverbial towel in.................

On paper this a freebie for us in positions as it stands but this is the poor standard championship where anything can happen.

A big big ask for a lot of our new players to gel into some sort of point(s) winning team as go, tho I'm a firm believer in that one player can make a difference, tho on paper I don't think we have signed a Latapy, Stainrod or Crunchie but hopefully honest and actual footballers will improve us 100%.

I do hope we have Nelson on our radar.

Guest Ecosse83

Mitchell

Muirhead  McGhee mckenna Dixon

Osman.  McKee. Mcshane

McLean.  Rudden.  Lavery 

My line up. Wouldn't surprise me is Rudden was on the bench though with Lavery through the middle and Robson on the left of the 3 up top. 

Only an hour and half until we find out :)

Archived