Ayr United V Whoever is left at Falkirk

The team for Saturday will be a mix of new signings, youngsters and the few players Ray is keeping.

How many signings is Ray planning to make in 4 days? Also in the time between now and Saturday are the club going to just dump a whole load of players before finding replacements?

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, D'Jaffo said:

How many signings is Ray planning to make in 4 days? Also in the time between now and Saturday are the club going to just dump a whole load of players before finding replacements?

Ideally he'd have 11 new players this week. Obviously that's not going to happen so it'll be a case of seeing how many he can get in. There will be at least 4 or 5 in by Saturday. I'd also expect at least 5 or 6(probably more)to leave. Russell, Dumbuya and Buaben are out of contract so are 100% going this week. Irving and Rudden's loans are up so will also be going. You then have the guys who are under contract who Ray wants rid of- he won't be able to get many of these out the door this week but I also wouldn't expect them to play again after yesterday's interview.

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I once saw you beat a poor Falkirk side 6-0 at Somerset Park. I thought that was a real low.
However given the state of the current side, I don’t think 10 is impossible....

So did i big Davie Craig melted a free kick that night great stuff,

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I'd expect they will line up like this on Saturday:

1. Gaston

14. Tumilty 2. Kilday 4. Buchanan 25. McKeown

7. Millar 8. McAlister (c)
32. R. Lyon 6. Telfer 17. Tiffoney

11. McHugh

14 hours ago, Russ said:

Thought the same with Rudden.

With Harrison I just thought he was the only with the balls to come over and applaud the South Stand.

Harrison does that after every game to try and look like a warrior who really really cares.

Big useless blob.

8 hours ago, rb123! said:

Stunned with the way McKinnon went off on one after that game yesterday. Seems strange because i can't imagine you'll be signing 6 or 7 guys before Saturday which means some of those jobbers who got slated yesterday will still be expected to go out and play on Saturday. 

Hopefully they've fallen out with McKinnon in return so it will allow us to absolutely trounce Falkirk by about 5 goals.

On a more serious note we do need to win this end of, and convincingly, as has already been mentioned think we are due giving someone a pumping.

Aye, it would be a huge concern if we didn't get maximum effort from these lads following Ray's comments.

We might be in danger of losing to a top of the table side if that was the case and that would be completely out of character for this squad.

Although Muirhead's whole performance stood out as stinking I don't think I've ever seen such a sustained bit of shit defending as Harrison for Goal 1. 
He's fucking abominable.
I havent watched it again but I would say there was roughly 3-4 seconds where he could have just prodded at the ball and the chance was gone. It was quite strange to watch. Almost like in slow motion.

1 hour ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Although Muirhead's whole performance stood out as stinking I don't think I've ever seen such a sustained bit of shit defending as Harrison for Goal 1. 

He's fucking abominable.

There's people on here who'll tell you he's looked class in a back five. He can't do anything right. I reckon he's lost about a stone since we signed him and he's still the size of a caravan.

I'll more than likely get pelters for this from the Falkirk lads but I think MacKinnon is a dogshit manager. I've listened to his excuses over the last few weeks and they were wearing thin long before then. Reckon Morton dodged a bullet when he walked. 

Right then, pile in Bairns.

I'll more than likely get pelters for this from the Falkirk lads but I think MacKinnon is a dogshit manager. I've listened to his excuses over the last few weeks and they were wearing thin long before then. Reckon Morton dodged a bullet when he walked. 
Right then, pile in Bairns.

Reserve judgement when he can have some footballers in his squad not 11 relatively fit men under 30 who have no talent.

I will now noise you lot up.

Having seen Ayr twice they are probably the weakest of the current top 4. In fact DA are IMO better. Just saying

38 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Second part is interesting though. Anyone care to work out where Morton would be, if you subtract the points gained before McKinnon left and Johansen took over. 

When McKinnon left Morton were 7 points (with 7) ahead of Falkirk (with 0) then one game manager-less and then Johannson came in and now 12 points ahead. 

Reserve judgement when he can have some footballers in his squad not 11 relatively fit men under 30 who have no talent.

I will now noise you lot up.

Having seen Ayr twice they are probably the weakest of the current top 4. In fact DA are IMO better. Just saying
Having watched us at the Falkirk stadium I couldn't argue with that assessment.

Although you obviously didn't watch us on alba when we demolished Dundee United.

That was a joyous evening, but it's our only league win in a long time.

5 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Engineering works between Glasgow Central and Paisley on Saturday unfortunately. Or you can go via a change at Killie at 1213 if you have a fear of replacement buses and can handle the 13 minutes waiting there.

:barf

Simply has to be the biggest stick on home win banker of the season. Not checked the odds, but if you are looking for a swift £50 profit, you’d have to stick on a sizeable wedge to make it happen.

Archived