Ayr United V Whoever is left at Falkirk

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Thankfully its not possible to speculate what our lineup will be. But hopefully it will be more competent than Saturdays.

At the very least it will include Paul Dixon.

Hopefully someone has had Shankland off Ayr by then.

Updates to follow as and when our social media signing frenzy starts....

Shows you how poor this league is when Shankland is leading goalscorer, fair play to the lad in scoring goals in the 3rd tier and showing there isnt as big as a jump as there used to be.

He wouldve scored a hat trick v us on Saturday tho, The pars even put Fas on to get a goal  

33 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Mitchell

Kidd - Brough - McGhee - Dixon - Robson

Buaben - Paton - Irving

Dunne - Rudden

That’s probably the best I can come up with using the players at our disposal. I’m hoping we at very least have a gritty midfielder and a strike partner for Rudden by next week

I expect three of them away come new year and Dunne isn't ready yet to start especially in a struggling team.

Loan deals and extensions are usually sorted out pretty quickly, the fact Rudden and Irvings are in doubt, I can only see one way of it going

I await like many the new years dishonour list !!!

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our team will be a mix of new signings, youngsters and the few remaining for this one. Ray definitely wants to bring in a lot of players this week but it's impossible to predict a team until we know how many he gets. 

I think ideally this will be his team:

New GK

Kidd Muirhead McGhee Dixon

New RM McKee Paton New LM

Rudden New ST

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Can we just sign a new starting 11 and use the few duds still hanging around as subs. Seems easier than trying to shoehorn shite into a team they aren't good enough to play for. 

I think we will see virtually a full starting 11 signed over the next few weeks. Ray would love to have 11 new players for Saturday but it's impossible to do in 1 week.

Our team will be a mix of new signings, youngsters and the few remaining for this one. Ray definitely wants to bring in a lot of players this week but it's impossible to predict a team until we know how many he gets. 
I think ideally this will be his team:
New GK
Kidd Muirhead McGhee Dixon
New RM McKee Paton New LM
Rudden New ST

Well that’s a lot of shite to start with Paton is still suspended

This may be bollox but the way Rudden was hanging about on the pitch after full time yesterday gave the impression of having a long last look before departing.
Thought the same about Harrison btw.

Thought the same with Rudden.

With Harrison I just thought he was the only with the balls to come over and applaud the South Stand.

22 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

This may be bollox but the way Rudden was hanging about on the pitch after full time yesterday gave the impression of having a long last look before departing.
Thought the same about Harrison btw.

I think Ray will be desperate to extend Rudden's loan. Think he'll have plenty of other teams wanting his services though.

Thought the same with Rudden.

With Harrison I just thought he was the only with the balls to come over and applaud the South Stand.
IMO in terms of performance and interviews etc, despite limitations Harrison and Brough have at least stood up to be counted and never hid.

I think we actually could have issues persuading teams to loan players to us with the very real prospect of relegation. We could end up with a very bitter and poisonous atmosphere if we start getting cut adrift, which is the last thing teams with want their players involved in.

This is the week we score double figures whether Falkirk bring in some crap players to replace their shite ones or not. 

I once saw you beat a poor Falkirk side 6-0 at Somerset Park. I thought that was a real low.
However given the state of the current side, I don’t think 10 is impossible....

Stunned with the way McKinnon went off on one after that game yesterday. Seems strange because i can't imagine you'll be signing 6 or 7 guys before Saturday which means some of those jobbers who got slated yesterday will still be expected to go out and play on Saturday. 

Hopefully they've fallen out with McKinnon in return so it will allow us to absolutely trounce Falkirk by about 5 goals.

On a more serious note we do need to win this end of, and convincingly, as has already been mentioned think we are due giving someone a pumping.

28 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Stunned with the way McKinnon went off on one after that game yesterday. Seems strange because i can't imagine you'll be signing 6 or 7 guys before Saturday which means some of those jobbers who got slated yesterday will still be expected to go out and play on Saturday.

The team for Saturday will be a mix of new signings, youngsters and the few players Ray is keeping.

Archived