Ton v County - Friday night

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

Wee team? Come back when your average attendance isn’t being doubled by your neighbours then we can talk emoji23.png

And that's the real quiz.

A pretty grim game of football to watch but making it a shitfest was crucial to getting anything and that's an excellent result. For all County's possession they created very little and our hoof into the channel for Tiffoney/Telfer to chase tactic being largely ineffective is irrelevant if we're capable of taking the chance from a set piece when we get one. That's the first time the whole defence have had good games in a long time and Johansson deserves the praise for the shitfest working. Tidser should absolutely be starting every time he's available though, as he showed when he came on. If we're playing that system then it has to be McAlister or Telfer missing out.

I have no idea how we're fourth in this league after the last couple of months but I'll take it. If we can build on this rather than slipping right back into a winless run like we did the last time we had two consecutive wins followed by Alloa then we could actually be looking at a positive second half of the season and can dismiss those winless runs as Johansson finding his feet; huge month coming up for him.

Kettlewell's seethe :lol:

19 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

Ahem...….season 2018-19....Morton V Ross County ……..6 points....I rest my case.

I thought Morton were really good  in the 2-1 at the start of the season, and did that result not put Morton top at the time?

Its the performances away to Falkirk and last night that stand out as especially poor (slammed home by Ketts and Fraser getting sent off).
Well, theres been a few especially poor performances, but we've gotten away with the others.

Trying to take solace in the incessant injuries meaning we've not played our strongest team all season, instead having to rely on out of position players and youngsters.
Also, Dundee United have a(n even) bigger budget than us, took Curran from us by waving more dosh on a longer contract at him (and Frans, tenuously), and are still below us.
But we have enough good players in the team, and have been so poor for so long, that those things don't carry much weight any more.

Nothing too dramatic with last night really, just another underwhelming County game,  only we didn't scrape a result for a change.

22 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ross County being so poor shows the quality of this league for what it is. Incredibly infuriating for an Ayr point of view as we’ve thrown away a load of points in the last few weeks when we could have really pulled away from them by now.

Hey ho though a win against Falkirk tomorrow and we’re back in the driving seat with a game in hand.

Shit happens.

Archived