Ton v County - Friday night

50 minutes ago, Comrie said:

For a reasonably big side, County are not great in the air. 

Better than Bob McShug and Charlie Telfer, though, eh? I thought McShug did well tonight, feeding off absolutely nothing... but if we’re going to insist on playing like that, we need someone up front with some strength and ability in the air. Otherwise, get it on the deck and get wide.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Better than Bob McShug and Charlie Telfer, though, eh? I thought McShug did well tonight, feeding off absolutely nothing... but if we’re going to insist on playing like that, we need someone up front with some strength and ability in the air. Otherwise, get it on the deck and get wide.

…..and we all know who the big man is you're talkin about Ghost......Denny.

11 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

…..and we all know who the big man is you're talkin about Ghost......Denny.

7 minutes ago, montheton said:

How long a contract did he sign?

I’ve more or less given up on him... wouldn’t be at all surprised to see a desperate McKinnon take a punt on him...

Otherwise, we’re paying him till the summer (one-year contract).

1 minute ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

I’ve more or less given up on him... wouldn’t be at all surprised to see a desperate McKinnon take a punt on him...

Yeh…...I'm kinda thinking along the same lines...but I hope he gets to kick a ball for us again (its a bit like Andy Murrays dilemma ..don't you yhink?) ….time will tell.

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

Surely you are not saying Morton played well 10 men behind the ball  try and defend well in the hope that you chase a long ball win a free kick and score .Your plan worked but it is so  poor to watch.

Your experienced players bullied Ross County young players but once again your plan worked .

Wow a fellow QOS fan having a go at a rival team for fotball that is hard to watch. Oh the irony :lol:

Thinking along same lines. If out of contract in the summer then would be best to get rid off him now if he aint going to be fit to play.

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

Surely you are not saying Morton played well 10 men behind the ball  try and defend well in the hope that you chase a long ball win a free kick and score .Your plan worked but it is so  poor to watch.

Your experienced players bullied Ross County young players but once again your plan worked .

We dont really have enough attacking options who are good enough to start, only really Mchugh merits game time so naturally its one up top until we get Denny back or bring another striker in.

We don't have 3/4 gd strikers like County do or a decent front two like Queens so play to your strengths and all that. Besides, we had more efforts on goal and more shots on target that the league leaders who have a war chest of a budget compared to us so we did something right! 

Cracking 3 points for us!

27 minutes ago, madton said:

We dont really have enough attacking options who are good enough to start, only really Mchugh merits game time so naturally its one up top until we get Denny back or bring another striker in.

We don't have 3/4 gd strikers like County do or a decent front two like Queens so play to your strengths and all that. Besides, we had more efforts on goal and more shots on target that the league leaders who have a war chest of a budget compared to us so we did something right! 

Cracking 3 points for us!

I wouldn`t worry too much about it.  We`ve got some very decent attacking players but of late we`ve not exactly been easy on the eye.

The real irony is that the guy you are  quoting is hugely negative about QOS and our lack of a goal threat  on a weekly if not daily basis. :lol:

6 hours ago, GiGi said:

Just watched the game back, Kettlewell is a little bitch and Fraser is a moron, can only assume he was off for dissent?

Fraser was, aye. Absolutely mental when he was just booked and had played shite.

Archived