Ton v County - Friday night

12 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I enjoyed that although I only saw the last 40 minutes.

Good open game.

Still a bit bemused about what caused the kerfuffle over the ball which ended with whomever getting ordered to the stands.

Kettlewell refused to give ball for throw in.

Got pushed by Morton player. 

Handbags.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there’s a couple of players missing from the County squad: notably an actual left-winger. I think that would balance the team a bit more.

SK/SF are still learning I think. Last season was a write off for them and this is essentially their first gig in management. I can only speculate but there might be an element of “committee” management going on, perhaps to the detriment of the team.

There’s been some misfortune with injuries (but then, a lot of teams can claim this) and I think there’s an element of having to shoehorn certain players into the squad to the detriment of the team (D. Cowie... no wait that’s too obvious... Don C). Some recruitment appears a bit short-sighted in hindsight.

Things feel a bit underwhelming this season but County are still top. I think the issues are fixable but a couple of them are probably unpalatable (one manager, get Cowie in the stands, pay off a couple of players).

Edit: also there’s only been two genuinely rotten results, the draw at Falkirk and tonight’s defeat. Should be careful not to overreact. Performances haven’t been swashbucklingly (?) terrific but results have, overall, been decent. 

12 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

3 points and a clean sheet against the league leaders is fantastic for us. Hopefully we can go on a decent run now ansome more points on the board.

Surely you are not saying Morton played well 10 men behind the ball  try and defend well in the hope that you chase a long ball win a free kick and score .Your plan worked but it is so  poor to watch.

Your experienced players bullied Ross County young players but once again your plan worked .

A few things, in order of how much I give a f**k:

1. Three salty wee points for the Ton...

2. Ball constantly in the air against a team much taller than us... wtf?

3. Alternatively... welcome to the Johanasson revolution: squeak a goal and park the bus...

4. Kettlewell is a prize fanny... a fanny's fanny who stands out in a league not short of fannies.

5. This league is absolutely fuckin honkin...

6. Hope Ayr win it.

2 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Surely you are not saying Morton played well 10 men behind the ball  try and defend well in the hope that you chase a long ball win a free kick and score .Your plan worked but it is so  poor to watch.

Your experienced players bullied Ross County young players but once again your plan worked .

Deeply savoury.

c57e3948-9f2f-4d4a-ba19-eacc096bdc44.jpg.cc6b02ee189d7bcbe05894d6f440d9ef.jpg

Not one for the purists as far as Morton are concerned . But it's all about points now and that keeps us up near the promotion playoff's. 

The game plan worked and we got all 3 points. Gaston had little if anything to do. Thought our two full backs were great tonight and McHugh ran his heart out up front.

Happy days... 

26 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

A few things, in order of how much I give a f**k:

1. Three salty wee points for the Ton...

2. Ball constantly in the air against a team much taller than us... wtf?

3. Alternatively... welcome to the Johanasson revolution: squeak a goal and park the bus...

4. Kettlewell is a prize fanny... a fanny's fanny who stands out in a league not short of fannies.

5. This league is absolutely fuckin honkin...

6. Hope Ayr win it.

For a reasonably big side, County are not great in the air. 

I thought it was a game played by two poor attacking sides.  Morton were well organised defensively but didn't offer anything in attack, and we had lots of safe possession but couldn't do much with it at all.  Our midfield is our strongest part of our game, but yet it is pretty slow and methodical.  A very slow metronome waiting for the music to start.

The sooner Vigurs can get back into the side and displace Cowie or Draper the better.  I thought Paton did well when he came on.  But overall County were boring, lacked creativity and were plodding.  Tonight would have been perfect for Brian Graham.

I was surprised to see Tidser benched, he was really good for County and always performed well against us with Bachirou (sp?).  Morton didn't really have to move out of second gear to beat us, they were comfortable through out the second half and made us look terrible.  A good three points for them.

Ross County being so poor shows the quality of this league for what it is. Incredibly infuriating for an Ayr point of view as we’ve thrown away a load of points in the last few weeks when we could have really pulled away from them by now.

Hey ho though a win against Falkirk tomorrow and we’re back in the driving seat with a game in hand.

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ross County being so poor shows the quality of this league for what it is. 

Likewise if County fans had watched Ayr against Dunfermline they could say the same thing. No side will be consistently fantastic throughout a season. 

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

Where did I say we played well? We won and kept a clean sheet. Couldn't give a flying f**k how we play at the moment. A win is a win.

1 hour ago, yoda said:

I think there’s a couple of players missing from the County squad: notably an actual left-winger. I think that would balance the team a bit more.

SK/SF are still learning I think. Last season was a write off for them and this is essentially their first gig in management. I can only speculate but there might be an element of “committee” management going on, perhaps to the detriment of the team.

There’s been some misfortune with injuries (but then, a lot of teams can claim this) and I think there’s an element of having to shoehorn certain players into the squad to the detriment of the team (D. Cowie... no wait that’s too obvious... Don C). Some recruitment appears a bit short-sighted in hindsight.

Things feel a bit underwhelming this season but County are still top. I think the issues are fixable but a couple of them are probably unpalatable (one manager, get Cowie in the stands, pay off a couple of players).

Edit: also there’s only been two genuinely rotten results, the draw at Falkirk and tonight’s defeat. Should be careful not to overreact. Performances haven’t been swashbucklingly (?) terrific but results have, overall, been decent. 

Ahem...….season 2018-19....Morton V Ross County ……..6 points....I rest my case.

Archived