Ton v County - Friday night

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well last time we had all our RB's injured...this time all our LB's are injured so we'll be down to the bare bones again in defence unless Kenny Van der Weg signs (as rumoured) for a 3rd spell.

Living in Glasgow I'll probably still go to this even though it's on BBC ALBA.

I won't make this one as it's on Friday night, not long after I finish work.

I'll take another scrappy 1-0, to continue our trend of playing rubbish but picking up points.

3 hours ago, Comrie said:

I won't make this one as it's on Friday night, not long after I finish work.

I'll take another scrappy 1-0, to continue our trend of playing rubbish but picking up points.

Surprised to hear your playing bad, is anyone in this league playing well???

Hard game for us but should be looking to win. Will have Waddell and Tidser back which helps and hopefully one or two new signings are added this week. County not as good on the road so hopefully we can cause an upset,again! 

1-0 Mchugh

2 hours ago, madton said:

Surprised to hear your playing bad, is anyone in this league playing well???

Hard game for us but should be looking to win. Will have Waddell and Tidser back which helps and hopefully one or two new signings are added this week. County not as good on the road so hopefully we can cause an upset,again! 

1-0 Mchugh

We're getting the results but the football isn't great. Injuries haven't helped at all.

5 hours ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

Never been to Morton away so looking forward to ticking another off the list. Be a tough game I imagine with no LBs unless KVDW signs of course or we stick on a youth player

Was thinking not many County fans as its affair trip back lucky to get home before 2.30 so fair play to those who come down.

Don't like the sound that the runaway leaders are playing poorly but winning. That would do me as no great expectations this season.

I thought RC where decent the last time and while a draw would be a good result I again hope JJ surprises me and finds a way to win two on the trot.

Another couple of decent finishes like last Saturday will do the trick.

1 hour ago, Les Westander of County said:

IMHO evening games, even Friday night ones would be best restricted to fixtures reasonably local to the Away team. Surely we want to facilitate attendance, not inhibit it.

Don't recall many Ross County fans complaining when Morton travelled to Dingwall for about 17 midweek fixtures in a row before 2012.

15 minutes ago, virginton said:

Don't recall many Ross County fans complaining when Morton travelled to Dingwall for about 17 midweek fixtures in a row before 2012.

I think most County fans would have sympathy with those who have long midweek trips, but you’re right we weren’t complaining on your behalf, sorry.

IMHO evening games, even Friday night ones would be best restricted to fixtures reasonably local to the Away team. Surely we want to facilitate attendance, not inhibit it.

Surely live games like this are better, because if it was at the weekend Ross County fans would hardly be travelling in their thousands anyway.
If a Morton away game is on live, I’d prefer it to be a further away one that I wouldn’t be going to.

1 minute ago, Rajamaki's Ponytail said:

Surely live games like this are better, because if it was at the weekend Ross County fans would hardly be travelling in their thousands anyway.
If a Morton away game is on live, I’d prefer it to be a further away one that I wouldn’t be going to.

Maybe it's just as well that County fans never complained then. 

3 hours ago, virginton said:

I did, but mainly because I travelled from Glasgow on the Morton supporters bus for one of the fixtures only for the game to be abandoned by the time we got to Inverness.

Archived