Inverness v Queens

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Always a difficult game at Inverness .

Hopefully Semple and Frizzell will still be with us.

New signing Nicky Dow will be in the squad hopefully with 2 other new signings ..

Another draw would be a great result 

Not always a difficult game,  we pumped them with a Holmes hat trick a few years ago. 

Not too bothered about Frizzell but Semple staying would be good.  Not sure if it's even an option. 

Who's this Nicky DOW we've signed?  

Naysmith will probably try to shitfest another draw,  Hopefully Dobbie is back up to speed with another week's training. 

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

New signing Nicky Dow will be in the squad hopefully with 2 other new signings ..

Really hope Semple's loan in extended, as for Frizzell I would let him go back to Kilmarnock not been impressed at all with him.  Nicky Low will fit straight into the midfield and hopeful we can get another 2/3 players in ASAP. Dobbie's 60mins on sat will have  helped him get back to full fitness for this game. 

Inverness will be missing Rooney he will be suspended after yesterday's Red card. 

Really hope Semple's loan in extended, as for Frizzell I would let him go back to Kilmarnock not been impressed at all with him.  Nicky Low will fit straight into the midfield and hopeful we can get another 2/3 players in ASAP. Dobbie's 60mins on sat will have  helped him get back to full fitness for this game. 
Inverness will be missing Rooney he will be suspended after yesterday's Red card. 
Probably take a point but we need to be getting wins. This would be a good time to start. Glad the gaffer is looking at keeping semple and frizzel(or another) and bolstering the sqaud with another couple bodies.

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

So another negative for us then 

Semple staying must be an option as GN mentioned he was talking to both Semple and Sheffield United. I guess for it to happen Semple needs to want to stay.

Sheffield United must be pleased with Semples game time. Not so sure Killie will be as happy with Frizzels lack of game time.

For me Semple staying, Low signing plus a couple of forwards on loan could really push us to the play offs.

This game has draw written all over it. Our record vs the top 4 is P9, W1, D6, L2 (both defeats vs Dundee United). We tend to set up slightly more defensively in these games which makes sense, however we could really do with a win.

Hopefully Low will come straight in, at the expense of Mercer ideally, but it could be Semple as GN seems to prefer Fordyce to Semple.

4 minutes ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

This game has draw written all over it. Our record vs the top 4 is P9, W1, D6, L2 (both defeats vs Dundee United). We tend to set up slightly more defensively in these games which makes sense, however we could really do with a win.

Hopefully Low will come straight in, at the expense of Mercer ideally, but it could be Semple as GN seems to prefer Fordyce to Semple.

Not sure if Semple will be available. Presumably his loan is up and will need to be extended for him to play 

30 minutes ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

What a great way to entice Semple to stay. The prospect of not playing so Mercer stays in.....

really !!!

As he’s said himself, he didn’t want to over use semple and him having a drop in form so he rested him. Don’t think it’s a case of him preferring Fordyce. I don’t think mercer has done a hell of a lot wrong but I’d put Doyle to right back and leave Fordyce Semple in middle. Low into midfield beside Jacobs. Todd Stirling on wings. Hope we get a couple more bodies in though

1 hour ago, qos1990 said:

As he’s said himself, he didn’t want to over use semple and him having a drop in form so he rested him. Don’t think it’s a case of him preferring Fordyce. I don’t think mercer has done a hell of a lot wrong but I’d put Doyle to right back and leave Fordyce Semple in middle. Low into midfield beside Jacobs. Todd Stirling on wings. Hope we get a couple more bodies in though

I agree with this. It just happened that the games Semple was rested we won, so he had to bide his time to get back in.

easy to forget Semple is 19 or 20 years old.

9 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

New signing Nicky Low will be in the squad hopefully with 2 other new signings ..

Totally underwhelmed by Frizzell. We surely must be able to upgrade on him via the loan market.

16 minutes ago, SueSue said:

I agree with this. It just happened that the games Semple was rested we won, so he had to bide his time to get back in.

easy to forget Semple is 19 or 20 years old.

The third game he was “rested” was v Morton at home which we lost. He didn’t start the following game v Dundee U.

What a great way to entice Semple to stay. The prospect of not playing so Mercer stays in.....
really !!!

I’d love Semple to stay, I personally think he’s a better centre half than Fordyce, and an overall better player than Mercer. But GN’s record this season would suggest that Semple is more likely to be dropped than Mercer, although personally I’d prefer Mercer to be dropped, thought he was sloppy vs Ayr while Semple dealt with Shankland well

Would take a point and if we defend like Saturday we'll probably get it. I'd happily take performances like Dunfermline and Ayr in every away game. So negative at home is frustrating though.

Hopefully a couple of more bodies in by this game as well. Like others, I can't say I'd be gutted if Frizzell goes. If Naysmith thought Doyle was a better option at RM on Saturday then it says a lot about how he feels about the boy as well. Hopefully Semple is still there.

Rooney out again. Definitely shitting it from Dobbs [emoji14]

Rumours are that McHattie will be in for us by the time this game comes around. If that turns out to be the case and / or Tremarco starts at LB then I would imagine that Brad Mckay will shift to right back and McCart will start alongside Donaldson in the middle.

Fully expecting us to create some good chances, probably take one of them, and miss a host of others in a score draw.

Archived