Inverness v Queens

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good highlights. Where were the Queens fans? Is there a bit at camera side now or was that them at the bottom corner of the main stand?

I'm surprised Caley's first half chance hasn't been mentioned. Maybe because folk never had the best view? But I thought the ball crossed the line.

I actually said "you cheeky ba$tard" out loud when I saw Dobbie's finish [emoji38] Beautiful stuff.

3 hours ago, the tactician said:

If you had been at the game you would have realised that we actually attacked a lot before this and had numerous chances!

Team played really well yesterday and naysmith got his tactics spot on yet again, don’t mind when away from home he goes a bit more defensive as there are no easy games in this league and his subs worked again emoji122.png naysmith gets a lot of stick but I think he is doing a great job with the budget he has

3 hours ago, Mr X said:

Given that Stirling wasnt involved in either of the goals, I think your assumption is correct.

If we were capable of scoring 2 goals in the last 15 minutes with the team that was already playing and the substitutions made no difference to that, then why did Naysmith make them?  We have one poster claiming that Naysmith’s subs worked again and another claiming that they didn’t affect the outcome because they weren’t directly involved in the goals. So, I’m not sure why Naysmith can be praised for making substitutions when they didn’t actually affect the result as we would have scored twice in any case.

If we were capable of scoring 2 goals in the last 15 minutes with the team that was already playing and the substitutions made no difference to that, then why did Naysmith make them?  We have one poster claiming that Naysmith’s subs worked again and another claiming that they didn’t affect the outcome because they weren’t directly involved in the goals. So, I’m not sure why Naysmith can be praised for making substitutions when they didn’t actually affect the result as we would have scored twice in any case.
Clearly not what I said. Have a day off, why don't you?

1 minute ago, Mr X said:
8 minutes ago, Flash said:

Clearly not what I said. Have a day off, why don't you?

So, you agree that bringing on 2 more attacking players did affect the result. Good.

Dobbie’s goal was a thing of beauty. Even after he’d left the hapless defender on his derrière there was still a lot to do, but he made it look so easy, he seemed to pass the ball into the net. 

51 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Good highlights. Where were the Queens fans? Is there a bit at camera side now or was that them at the bottom corner of the main stand?

I'm surprised Caley's first half chance hasn't been mentioned. Maybe because folk never had the best view? But I thought the ball crossed the line.

I actually said "you cheeky ba$tard" out loud when I saw Dobbie's finish emoji38.png Beautiful stuff.

Queens fans situated in the lower section of the Main Stand nearest the empty South Stand. From that position the chance you mentioned didn't look to have crossed the line and I don't recall a great deal of complaints from the  ICT players or fans at the time.

17 minutes ago, QOSQOS said:

Dobbie’s goal was a thing of beauty. Even after he’d left the hapless defender on his derrière there was still a lot to do, but he made it look so easy, he seemed to pass the ball into the net. 

Dobbie passes the ball into the net often, he uses accuracy over power he has done it his whole career. Fantastic finisher what a joy it is to watch him play for Queens, He loves to score goals we are so lucky he loves to do it for Queens. 

4 hours ago, the tactician said:

If you had been at the game you would have realised that we actually attacked a lot before this and had numerous chances!

Team played really well yesterday and naysmith got his tactics spot on yet again, don’t mind when away from home he goes a bit more defensive as there are no easy games in this league and his subs worked again emoji122.png naysmith gets a lot of stick but I think he is doing a great job with the budget he has

I agree we had several decent chances in the game before ICT scored, so did they though. The problem I have is that when we do not have the ball we withdraw too deep into our own half  inviting the opposition onto us instead of pressing and trying to win it back further up the pitch.  That's ok if you look solid defensively but a lot of our defending in those situations is last ditch, nervy and frustrating to watch.  Is it true to say Naysmith got his tactics spot on seeing as we lost a goal when  he set up to avoid this. His substitutions changed the way we were playing but that decision was forced on him by the scoreline,  would he have made the same decision if we hadn't lost a goal or would he have been happy trying to hold out for a point.  The budget seems to be the go-to excuse if anyone criticises the Manager yet he already has players on the books who are capable of playing in a more positive fashion, it's his decision not to play a system that makes best use of their ability or he chooses to start with  them on the bench.

Queens fans situated in the lower section of the Main Stand nearest the empty South Stand. From that position the chance you mentioned didn't look to have crossed the line and I don't recall a great deal of complaints from the  ICT players or fans at the time.

I was in the section behind the away fans and thought it might have crossed the line but it was impossible to call from our side due to the keeper and two others being in the way.

Linesman has a good view and as you say no great appeals from the players. Though a that would fit with the theme that nobody gives a f**k in our team.

Also fair play to the QotS fans. Great turnout considering the time of year and distance to travel.

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Dobbie passes the ball into the net often, he uses accuracy over power he has done it his whole career. Fantastic finisher what a joy it is to watch him play for Queens, He loves to score goals we are so lucky he loves to do it for Queens. 

Agree with this and that is one of Dobbie's strengths. Fans are fickle - last week Dobbie got criticised for the one chance he had when he tied to pass the ball into the corner and the keeper saved it instead of hitting it with power. It's all about the end result last week he missed this week he scored.

Inverness  assistant in his post match interview said that after they scored they sat back deeper and deeper allowing Queens to come more into the game with more possession. This sound like a familiar tale I hear from Palmerston when Queens take a lead or try and defend a draw. It's the way the game is played now - score a goal and then make sure you don't lose one at the other end

Catching ‘keepers out with shots struck early and into the corner is a Dobbie trademark.

I loved reading an interview where he said that he wanted to do extra training as a boy but none of the goalies were keen. So he put a marker a ball width away from the post and aimed shots at the gap.

If ever a youngster needed an example of “practice makes perfect”.

On 06/01/2019 at 19:22, 19QOS19 said:

Yes this seems over the line ... surprised the ICT players didn't seem to call it

Screenshot_20190106-131155_Facebook.jpg

Yes this seems over the line ... surprised the ICT players didn't seem to call it
Screenshot_20190106-131155_Facebook.thumb.jpg.9ee31c4eda49c2868ca2f94f167461c5.jpg
The boy looked like he ran away to celebrate. I'm surprised he never made more of it but then it wouldn't have exactly changed the ref's mind which is perhaps why.

Looks like Queens clearly cheated to get the win on Saturday :angry: 

A suitable punishment would be forfeiting the three points and giving us Dobbie for the rest of the season.

Archived