Inverness v Queens

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Step forward once again Sir Stephen. Pleasing Saturday night. :thumsup2

Hope he's not aggravated his injury,  looked to be struggling a bit after he scored,  and was hooked soon after. 

Hope he's not aggravated his injury,  looked to be struggling a bit after he scored,  and was hooked soon after. 

Just tired. A heavyish grass pitch, 88 minutes is good for a 36 year old in their 2nd game back after injury. Nothing to worry about thankfully

28 minutes ago, steakpiegravy said:

Have to say like most of us following on Twitter/radio I felt the ICT goal was inevitable but what a turnaround and you just have to say well done! Wasn’t expecting a draw let alone a win.

Yep,  picking up points despite Naysmith's tactics not because of them. 

When you go away from home you need to be very tight and stay in the game until the last 20 minutes. Then you play a more expansive game to try and take a win or draw.

Thats our game antics and on the whole it works very well.

Go out hell for leather away from home and we will get spanked.

The problem is our home form certainly not the away performances.

8 hours ago, SueSue said:

When you go away from home you need to be very tight and stay in the game until the last 20 minutes. Then you play a more expansive game to try and take a win or draw.

Thats our game antics and on the whole it works very well.

Go out hell for leather away from home and we will get spanked.

The problem is our home form certainly not the away performances.

Is this really true though? I can't really speak from experience as I've only ever played amateur football but, for a generation of players who frequently move between different Scottish clubs, as long as it's 11 v 11 on a flat grass pitch in front of a tepid crowd, how much difference can home or away make? I'm not buying the idea we need to be drastically more defensive because we're away.

8 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Is this really true though? I can't really speak from experience as I've only ever played amateur football but, for a generation of players who frequently move between different Scottish clubs, as long as it's 11 v 11 on a flat grass pitch in front of a tepid crowd, how much difference can home or away make? I'm not buying the idea we need to be drastically more defensive because we're away.

Do other teams play more defensively at Palmerston than they do when we play them at their place? Can’t say I've noticed anybody being particularly negative. However, if it does happen, it certainly isn’t a regular thing.

Had a glance at the “in running” League table after about 70 minutes we were down to 7th and starting to worry about the possibility of resurgences coming from Patrick and Falkirk. At full time 5th place looks and feels a whole lot better courtesy of that late attacking blitz that we delivered.

This league is full of hardworking, organised endeavour but certainly not quality - arguably we have as much if not more cutting edge in the final third than the vast majority of teams so this defensive inferiority outlook is simply not justified.

Hopefully this can be a watershed moment for us and we can start playing much more positively especially at home and see where it takes us.

Oh and look what happens when we actually do attack!

If you had been at the game you would have realised that we actually attacked a lot before this and had numerous chances!

Team played really well yesterday and naysmith got his tactics spot on yet again, don’t mind when away from home he goes a bit more defensive as there are no easy games in this league and his subs worked again [emoji122] naysmith gets a lot of stick but I think he is doing a great job with the budget he has

3 minutes ago, the tactician said:

If you had been at the game you would have realised that we actually attacked a lot before this and had numerous chances!

Team played really well yesterday and naysmith got his tactics spot on yet again, don’t mind when away from home he goes a bit more defensive as there are no easy games in this league and his subs worked again emoji122.png naysmith gets a lot of stick but I think he is doing a great job with the budget he has

At last, a level headed approach to basic away from home tactics.

I agree with you that with the budget GN has and with the teams in the league on a par with one another we are having a very good season.

Team played really well yesterday and naysmith got his tactics spot on yet again, don’t mind when away from home he goes a bit more defensive as there are no easy games in this league and his subs worked again [emoji122] naysmith gets a lot of stick but I think he is doing a great job with the budget he has

Fair enough. I'll just assume it was a complete coincidence our goals game after we swapped an attacking player for a defensive one.  

21 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Fair enough. I'll just assume it was a complete coincidence our goals game after we swapped an attacking player for a defensive one.  

Given that Stirling wasnt involved in either of the goals, I think your assumption is correct.

Archived