Inverness v Queens

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A great start to the year with that win.  However, the fun does not stop there, as we have Robertson’s post match interview to look forward to.  It is fair to say he likes a moan, so I trust he will not disappoint.  :)

Great result that looked unlikely after 70 minutes.

I know the inclusion of Doyle suggests we tried to shitfest it, but I was in the car for Chick Young’s half time report and he was saying it was a great game with both teams going for it. I then watched Sportscene and the female reporter covering the game said the same. The stats support this as well.

IMG_0884.jpg

Enjoy the win misery guts
Have to agree with him though. No idea why Naysmith doesn't trust the players to take a game to the opposition.

It's a great result and results are all that matter. It will however justify the shitebag approach and we'll have to endure it. Though if it continues to return 3 points I'll take it all day long.

4 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I know the inclusion of Doyle suggests we tried to shitfest it, but I was in the car for Chick Young’s half time report and he was saying it was a great game with both teams going for it. I then watched Sportscene and the female reporter covering the game said the same. The stats support this as well.

IMG_0884.jpg

I thought Chick Young was at the Ayr v Falkirk game.

5 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

IMG_0884.jpg

The most important stat is that we scored 2 goals in the 15 minutes Stirling was playing. However, we also had 3 attempts in total in that time, compared with 9 in the first 70 minutes. So, keeping up the average of the first 70 mins produces 11 or 12 attempts in total. Maintaining the average of the last 15 mins produces 18 attempts in total, an increase of 50%.

Probably Doyle’s best performance in RM today, but Stirling was an absolute game changer.

Nicky Low looks like the missing link between midfield and attack that we’ve been crying out for. Doesn’t piss about just gets ball and keeps it moving, a couple nice passes and wasn’t afraid of a challenge. Only 1 game in, but positive signs so far.

Todd was his usual 8/10, consistently one of our better players. Dykes was disappointing, didn’t really put himself about like usual and didn’t look overly interested.

The woodwork had a good game for us as well, keeping them at bay twice. Nonetheless, a class 3 points that we needed badly.

1 defeat in 9 games I think. Not bad going. If we keep turning games like today, that had draw written all over it, into victories we’ll give ourselves a great chance to be in the play-offs

17 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

What a fucking disgrace!!! 

Get these useless c***s to f**k and get youngsters playing!! 

Oh, and our useless p***k manager to f**k too!! 

It's almost, almost, worth losing to get this kind of reaction from you. So predictable.

The only other thing as predictable as your meltdown was the fact that we didn't end up winning after taking the lead and then sitting back. The sick twist was obviously conceding a winner but as hard as it was to take it's hard to argue with the result. The usual ICT traits from this season were evident - have a fair amount of the ball, don't create a lot of chances, miss the few chances we do create, score, start to stand off the opposition, defend deeper, defend deeper still, concede, try and get a winner.

Queens best chance of the first half came when Todd found himself in a bit of space in the box but his low drive was repelled by Ridgers who got down well to divert the ball round the post. ICT struggled to create much of note as we seldom were able to attack with any real pace and incision and the Queens defence easily stood firm for most of the first half. The closest ICT came to scoring was when Welsh stood up a cross to the back post and Walsh arrived to header it back towards goal but the ball came off the bar and White and Doran weren't able to force it in from close range before it was cleared. A free kick from Polworth looked like it had gone in but sadly it skimmed the roof of the net.

Into the second half and ICT started on the front foot.  Chalmers found some space on the left flank and he sent in a lovely cross which just evaded White.  An even better chance was passed up by McKay when he somehow failed to connect with a cross at the back post appearing to lose sight of the ball. 

There was then a quite bizarre and hilarious moment when Dykes refused to give the ball back to Donaldson who wrestled with him for a second which left Dykes rolling around on the floor in a heap holding on to the ball. Dykes continued to roll away from Donaldson still clutching the ball delaying the free kick :lol:

We opened the scoring when Tremarco, at the second attempt, crossed from the left and White headed the ball back into the middle of the box where Walsh strode on to it and lashed a low drive under the Queens keeper.  Walsh had perhaps our best chance to extend our lead, and possibly kill the game, when he drilled a fierce shot that swerved and dipped before the Queens keeper fisted it (oo er) clear. Thereafter it was classic ICT as we decided to sit back as Queens pressured us. Out balls to White and Austin weren't sticking and any clearance from our defence was quickly retrieved and a new attacking phase started.

Eventually the Queens pressure told when Marshall skipped down the ICT right and burst into the box and his low cross was met by Mercer who had ghosted in from the right to equalise from close range. Before you knew it Queens had scored a second. McKay contrived to give the ball away in the right back area and Dobbie was on to it like a flash. Cutting inside he then shot back across goal past a despairing Ridgers who flung himself to the right but couldn't stop the ball and suddenly the Doonhammers were 2 - 1 up.

There was a late chance for ICT when White set up Walsh at the edge of the box but his tame effort was easily handled and before long the whistle went and ICT had, as too often this season, blown a lead and have only themselves to blame.

25 minutes ago, RiG said:

It's almost, almost, worth losing to get this kind of reaction from you. So predictable.

The only other thing as predictable as your meltdown was the fact that we didn't end up winning after taking the lead and then sitting back. The sick twist was obviously conceding a winner but as hard as it was to take it's hard to argue with the result. The usual ICT traits from this season were evident - have a fair amount of the ball, don't create a lot of chances, miss the few chances we do create, score, start to stand off the opposition, defend deeper, defend deeper still, concede, try and get a winner.

Queens best chance of the first half came when Todd found himself in a bit of space in the box but his low drive was repelled by Ridgers who got down well to divert the ball round the post. ICT struggled to create much of note as we seldom were able to attack with any real pace and incision and the Queens defence easily stood firm for most of the first half. The closest ICT came to scoring was when Welsh stood up a cross to the back post and Walsh arrived to header it back towards goal but the ball came off the bar and White and Doran weren't able to force it in from close range before it was cleared. A free kick from Polworth looked like it had gone in but sadly it skimmed the roof of the net.

Into the second half and ICT started on the front foot.  Chalmers found some space on the left flank and he sent in a lovely cross which just evaded White.  An even better chance was passed up by McKay when he somehow failed to connect with a cross at the back post appearing to lose sight of the ball. 

There was then a quite bizarre and hilarious moment when Dykes refused to give the ball back to Donaldson who wrestled with him for a second which left Dykes rolling around on the floor in a heap holding on to the ball. Dykes continued to roll away from Donaldson still clutching the ball delaying the free kick :lol:

Wlahs had perhaps our best chance to extend our lead, and possibly kill the game, when he drilled a fierce shot that swerved and dipped before the Queens keeper fisted it (oo er) clear. Thereafter it was classic ICT as we decided to sit back as Queens pressured us. Out balls to White and Austin weren't sticking and any clearance from our defence was quickly retrieved and a new attacking phase started.

Eventually the Queens pressure told when Marshall skipped down the ICT right and burst into the box and his low cross was met by Mercer who had ghosted in from the right to equalise from close range. Before you knew it Queens had scored a second. McKay contrived to give the ball away in the right back area and Dobbie was on to it like a flash. Cutting inside he then shot back across goal past a despairing Ridgers who flung himself to the right but couldn't stop the ball and suddenly the Doonhammers were 2 - 1 up.

There was a late chance for ICT when White set up Walsh at the edge of the box but his tame effort was easily handled and before long the whistle went and ICT had, as too often this season, blown a lead and have only themselves to blame.

I have put up with draws long enough but this is the final straw. 

And your another. Opinions not allowed unless they agree with you! 

Archived