Inverness v Queens

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Would take a point and if we defend like Saturday we'll probably get it. I'd happily take performances like Dunfermline and Ayr in every away game. So negative at home is frustrating though.

Hopefully a couple of more bodies in by this game as well. Like others, I can't say I'd be gutted if Frizzell goes. If Naysmith thought Doyle was a better option at RM on Saturday then it says a lot about how he feels about the boy as well. Hopefully Semple is still there.

Rooney out again. Definitely shitting it from Dobbs emoji14.png

Semple on loan till 7th Jan so he will be in squad. 

Semple is available for Inverness whether his loan is extended or not.
Semple on loan till 7th Jan so he will be in squad. 
Yeah, I meant for the rest of the season and that I wouldn't care if Frizzell goes. Probably didn't make that very clear there.

On 12/31/2018 at 16:37, 19QOS19 said:

Yeah, I meant for the rest of the season and that I wouldn't care if Frizzell goes. Probably didn't make that very clear there.

Queens should not be winning this but I have a sneaky feeling we are going to do well on Saturday.

Really would like to see a back 4 of Doyle, Fordyce, Semple, Marshall

Two holding midfielders of Jacob, Low

Three midfielders of Stirling, Dykes, Todd

plus God up front.

get in there !!

I really can’t see why we can’t play 3 5 2
can defend in numbers and attack in numbers. Gives us the best of both.
An attacking approach away from home? Don't be crazy! It's becoming rare to see such a thing on our own patch, never mind away :(

I really can’t see why we can’t play 3 5 2
can defend in numbers and attack in numbers. Gives us the best of both.

Stirling isn’t disciplined enough to play a wing-back, Mercer isn’t good enough going forward to be a RWB, Marshall could just about play the left, and if you have Todd on the right who plays CM? Bell Low and KJ?

Players that can play WB are generally rare at this level I’d say, we done well when we played it under McIntyre/Fowler, but in Holt and Kidd we had 2 very, very good players, both superior to Marshall and Mercer.

Stirling isn’t disciplined enough to play a wing-back, Mercer isn’t good enough going forward to be a RWB, Marshall could just about play the left, and if you have Todd on the right who plays CM? Bell Low and KJ?

Players that can play WB are generally rare at this level I’d say, we done well when we played it under McIntyre/Fowler, but in Holt and Kidd we had 2 very, very good players, both superior to Marshall and Mercer.
Kidd was decent for us, particularly in his last season. I don't think was very very good though and wasn't anywhere near Holt's level.

Doyle has got wing back covered with Fordyce Semple McGuire the 3 with Marshall.
middle 3 Jacobs, Low, Todd.
Sorted.

No point in radically changing the formation for 1 game, can’t see Semple staying with us unfortunately if we have Maguire, Doyle, Fordyce and Brownlie to come back.

If we kept Semple, or even when Brownlie is fit, no harm in trying something new.

Kidd was decent for us, particularly in his last season. I don't think was very very good though and wasn't anywhere near Holt's level.

Aye to be fair Holt was far better than Kidd, but Kidd was very good down the right. See Del’s goal vs Rangers in the 3-0 game I think, skins Lee Wallace and stays composed to pick his pass.

Holt was different gravy though, that free-kick [emoji7]

We tried Kidd in a number of positions and RWB was probably the one he had the most success in.  Doyle has similar energy levels, and the same dogged determination to run through players if not necessarily by them.  It's actually Marshall I would have more concerns over at wing back.  He very rarely takes a man on and often loses the ball if he does.  Most of the success he gets going forward come from overlapping runs and playing one-twos with whoever is in front of him.  He wouldn't be able to do that from wing back.  We also barely have the players to field two central midfielders never mind changing to a formation that required three.

16 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
17 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Yep Kidd was fine for us but players who are high on the list of fans wishes to be let go at an absolutely dire Falkirk are not very very good by any stretch of the imagination.

Yep Kidd was fine for us but players who are high on the list of fans wishes to be let go at an absolutely dire Falkirk are not very very good by any stretch of the imagination.

Fair enough, maybe an overreaction on my part but I’d take him back in a heartbeat. Better in RM than Doyle, better in RB than Mercer and better in CM than Bell.

10 minutes ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Fair enough, maybe an overreaction on my part but I’d take him back in a heartbeat. Better in RM than Doyle, better in RB than Mercer and better in CM than Bell.

Not as good at RB than Doyle and not as good at RM than Stirling.  I think we had the best of him.  To get the best out of him again we`d need to play 352 and in all honesty we absolutely don`t have the players for that IMHO. Better in centre mid than a guy who rarely playes (Bell) isn`t a big plus and I`m not convinced he would be in all honesty..

Archived