Whitehill v bsc

magoo

Another defeat for Whitehill but I would say a draw was a fairer result, I think from the off bsc struggled on a pitch that whilst heavy underfoot was in great condition for time of the year,whilst I know very few of the current Whitehill side I thought the right back had a good game going forward and the lad woods at that back knows how to defend, whilst there is clearly a good set of young lads there  and we do work hard for each other im afraid without at least 3 or 4 strong additions in January this team won't get the amount of wins required  to keep them up,no one at today's game can have any complaints about work and commitment but for me we look lightweight all over the pitch, would a few experienced pros help the team, most definitely,is it too late...probably...on.another note whilst no dislike of bsc whatsoever how they are 2nd I do not know...similar to Whitehill with a team full of young uns and they did seem to struggle on the grass but in fairness they looked they were going to edge it 2nd half, couple of things the lads in the club before and after were sound, so was somewhat surprise with the p***k just before half time making an issue about the injury suffered by the lad in the previous game and was somewhat  uneeded in the context of the afternoon....good day had by magoo

7 minutes ago, magoo said:

Another defeat for Whitehill but I would say a draw was a fairer result, I think from the off bsc struggled on a pitch that whilst heavy underfoot was in great condition for time of the year,whilst I know very few of the current Whitehill side I thought the right back had a good game going forward and the lad woods at that back knows how to defend, whilst there is clearly a good set of young lads there  and we do work hard for each other im afraid without at least 3 or 4 strong additions in January this team won't get the amount of wins required  to keep them up,no one at today's game can have any complaints about work and commitment but for me we look lightweight all over the pitch, would a few experienced pros help the team, most definitely,is it too late...probably...on.another note whilst no dislike of bsc whatsoever how they are 2nd I do not know...similar to Whitehill with a team full of young uns and they did seem to struggle on the grass but in fairness they looked they were going to edge it 2nd half, couple of things the lads in the club before and after were sound, so was somewhat surprise with the p***k just before half time making an issue about the injury suffered by the lad in the previous game and was somewhat  uneeded in the context of the afternoon....good day had by magoo

12 games undefeated, today was win number 7 on the bounce. That run of wins includes Spartans, Civil and Kelty. That’s why we’re second. We didn’t play well today and our lads seemed to take longer to get used to a surface that will cause a lot of problems for the better footballing sides. Not too sure why your making such a big deal of something one guy said Magoo? Sometimes it takes people a little longer than others to move on. Delighted to come away with all 3 points against much improved opponents today.

10 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

12 games undefeated, today was win number 7 on the bounce. That run of wins includes Spartans, Civil and Kelty. That’s why we’re second. We didn’t play well today and our lads seemed to take longer to get used to a surface that will cause a lot of problems for the better footballing sides. Not too sure why your making such a big deal of something one guy said Magoo? Sometimes it takes people a little longer than others to move on. Delighted to come away with all 3 points against much improved opponents today.

Not making a big issue whatsoever,as I stated the atmosphere before during and after the match from players and supporters alike was first class apart from the one clown. I based my opioion on yesterday's game and I'm well aware that league table's never lie, for new year I thought with it being a grass pitch it was in good condition,heavy underneathbut it never cut up or turned into mud in any goalmouths etc

10 minutes ago, magoo said:

Not making a big issue whatsoever,as I stated the atmosphere before during and after the match from players and supporters alike was first class apart from the one clown. I based my opioion on yesterday's game and I'm well aware that league table's never lie, for new year I thought with it being a grass pitch it was in good condition,heavy underneathbut it never cut up or turned into mud in any goalmouths etc

Mate the pitch was terrible. If you want to see a grass park in good condition get yourself along to Peffermill.

Don't get me wrong that pitch could well be WWs 12th man. I can't see any of the teams who play mostly on 3g liking it.

You ran us very close yesterday but you could well pick up a few points against teams you weren't expecting to. Spartans next week could be interesting. 

1 hour ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Mate the pitch was terrible. If you want to see a grass park in good condition get yourself along to Peffermill.

Don't get me wrong that pitch could well be WWs 12th man. I can't see any of the teams who play mostly on 3g liking it.

You ran us very close yesterday but you could well pick up a few points against teams you weren't expecting to. Spartans next week could be interesting. 

Full time groundsmen at peffermill may help the situation 

1 hour ago, Jerry Macguire said:

I think it’s a bit unfair to compare Rosewell and Peffermill. The Uni’s pitch basically has a full time groundsman on it, Ferguson park is done by volunteers. Also, the way the Welfare pitch is positioned makes it liable to take more water on it, due to the slopes surrounding it.

I think that getting any game on, on grass, is a major achievement at this time of year.

26 minutes ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

I think it’s a bit unfair to compare Rosewell and Peffermill. The Uni’s pitch basically has a full time groundsman on it, Ferguson park is done by volunteers. Also, the way the Welfare pitch is positioned makes it liable to take more water on it, due to the slopes surrounding it.

I think that getting any game on, on grass, is a major achievement at this time of year.

Yeah I take your point Baxter. Just from watching the game yesterday though the ball didn’t bounce properly. It died as soon as it hit the turf, it held up and it did catch players out.  It makes it very difficult to play any kind passing game. That said it was an entertaining affair and I agree it was a major achievement getting the game on. When the fixtures came out at the start of the season I looked at this one and thought no chance. Glad I was wrong.

25 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Yeah I take your point Baxter. Just from watching the game yesterday though the ball didn’t bounce properly. It died as soon as it hit the turf, it held up and it did catch players out.  It makes it very difficult to play any kind passing game. That said it was an entertaining affair and I agree it was a major achievement getting the game on. When the fixtures came out at the start of the season I looked at this one and thought no chance. Glad I was wrong.

Yet yer fixture at Dalbeattie on GRASS  was called off a few weeks ago in probably better weather   ?

As Baxter says it took a lot of voluntary work on the park in the 1st place t get the park in a suitable condition, we can all spend the pounds and hire artificial  pitches,doubt there's much work involved there  :whistle

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Yet yer fixture at Dalbeattie on GRASS  was called off a few weeks ago in probably better weather   ?

As Baxter says it took a lot of voluntary work on the park in the 1st place t get the park in a suitable condition, we can all spend the pounds and hire artificial  pitches,doubt there's much work involved there  :whistle

No just plenty of money that could otherwise be spent on players.

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

1 minute ago, Jerry Macguire said:

No just plenty of money that could otherwise be spent on players.

Sorry I forgot the emoji :whistle

On 12/30/2018 at 00:18, magoo said:

Cant argue with most of that ,

Decided to take this game in as on way to the Derby later,

Have to say what an excellent appetiser it was!

Welfare dominated the 1st half and scored a cracking opener but despite numerous chances the 2nd goal did not arrive

2nd Half more of the sane but BSC were slowly getting on top with Welfare dropping deeper and with a limited bench (looked like 4 under 17s) there was limited options to freshen it up to help

BSC received a couple of late Xmas presents to escape with the 3 points but until the wayward header (horrow header from the centre half) it never looked likely, the winner a daisy cutter from 30 yard, how it sneaked in I don’t know

Welfare were not overshadowed by BSC which makes the league positions baffling to say the least but that’s how it goes in football on occasions ( how BSC are 2nd in the league is amazing based on that performance)

Welfare never stopped trying but with little in the middle and even less up front as soon as the gift was taken it only seemed time till the winner followed

Welfare despite being bottom had on the day the best players ,Woods in defence was a rock ,Dowie and Keane on the wings were immense all match despite the rising foul count on both

The officials were excellent although when the 2 BSC PLAYERS !! Went head to head with each other I thought he may have sent them off for Welfares sake x

Excellent wee ground and Rosewell was very welcoming

40 minutes ago, Golum said:

Welfare dominated the 1st half and scored a cracking opener but despite numerous chances the 2nd goal did not arrive

2nd Half more of the sane but BSC were slowly getting on top with Welfare dropping deeper and with a limited bench (looked like 4 under 17s) there was limited options to freshen it up to help

BSC received a couple of late Xmas presents to escape with the 3 points but until the wayward header (horrow header from the centre half) it never looked likely, the winner a daisy cutter from 30 yard, how it sneaked in I don’t know

Welfare were not overshadowed by BSC which makes the league positions baffling to say the least but that’s how it goes in football on occasions ( how BSC are 2nd in the league is amazing based on that performance)

Welfare never stopped trying but with little in the middle and even less up front as soon as the gift was taken it only seemed time till the winner followed

Welfare despite being bottom had on the day the best players ,Woods in defence was a rock ,Dowie and Keane on the wings were immense all match despite the rising foul count on both

The officials were excellent although when the 2 BSC PLAYERS !! Went head to head with each other I thought he may have sent them off for Welfares sake x

I saw BSC up at Kelty, and I thought they were excellent that day, and dominated proceedings. Ultimately the league table doesn’t lie, and on any given day any team can have a good/bad or indifferent performance. Going by reports, It sounds as though BSC hasd one of the latter two, but still managed the win, I’m sure they will take that.

1 hour ago, Golum said:

Should ve said I could've cadged a lift  I left early to get to Easter Road :(

2 hours ago, Golum said:

Always have a good reputation of welcoming at rosewell...we might never be at the forefront of Scottish football but you will always get a pie pint and a bit of banter whenever you call...cheers

5 hours ago, Golum said:

Golum what game were you at? Your description of the winning goal is just wrong and the bit about 2 BSC Players is bizarre.

42 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Golum what game were you at? Your description of the winning goal is just wrong and the bit about 2 BSC Players is bizarre.

2 of yer players did have a difference of opinion in the 1st half though jerry so what game were you at :thumsup2

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Bit disappointed with BSC, nae chance of winning the league so they could have down what Kelty did last week and gave the team struggling a point.

You never know Gogsy a few more 30 yard daisy cutters and anything can happen.

All the best to you and everyone else on the forum, hope you and your families have a happy and prosperous new year.

45 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

2 of yer players did have a difference of opinion in the 1st half though jerry so what game were you at :thumsup2

Must have been still watching the Old Firm game (due to the time difference) or those 2 pints I had before kick off had taken effect and I was in the bog.:lol:

Archived