SCR4 - St Johnstone v Hamilton Academical

cdhafc1874

13 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
14 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:
Auchinleck away please.
Accies looked good first 20 seconds to be fair.

I thought we were OK between the first and second but never looked like scoring.

Agree, after first goal Accies knocked it about well whilst we never had the ball but looked the more dangerous on the counter.

Remember thinking in the game here earlier in season that Accies try to play a lot more football, but had lost the nasty shitfesting edge which made them a nightmare to play against.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty shit game really. The goal in the first minute pretty much killed it and then the only chance after that came from the goalie not collecting a pretty tame shot. After that we just kind of cruised to the end, probably with Wednesdays match in mind. Kerr and Craig were probably our best players. Happy enough to get through 

Hoping that the unlikely has happened & Canning has been removed before this one to give Accies half a chance.

More likely that Canning will still be in charge with the resultant easy home win for Saintees to knock Accies out of the cup for another year all but certain.

Away attendance about 150.
Canning out.

So predictable.

Only #22 signing boosted the away support a little.
Imrie seems to think that he is Xavi by playing CM when all he does is to give the ball away & fail to track back/stay in position.

With only maybe Motherwell away as the exception that is me done with away games until the split - possibly until the end of the season.

Canning out.

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

Cannings dad challenging folk to a scrap and getting thrown out emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Is that what happened :lol:

No idea why Canning doesn't pack it in, as timid a Cup performance as you're ever likely to see. 2-0 down, and he swaps a defensive midfielder for a defensive midfielder, changing absolutely nothing.

51 minutes ago, The Woolshed said:

How is Joe playing? Any signs his mind is elsewhere?

Had a few moments second half where he fluffed his lines and gave Hamilton a chance, was solid other than that.

Second half was absolutely brutal, btw, Chris Kane probably Hamilton's best defender with the amount of attacks he ended. Few times he got the ball in acres of space and just timidly moved forward with it. A shame as his all round game is still improving and he has moments of quality.

Competent first half performance from us.

Second half was very disjointed and we looked rusty with players over/ underhitting passes and making the wrong decision constantly when in good positions.

I did think if Accies nicked a goal it might be a bit of a concern as we were so slack. But we looked comfortable at the back for the most part, and they lack a cutting edge up front.

Bit of a Jekyll and Hyde performance from Kane I thought. His workrate, link up play, winning headers and ability to find space in behind were all very good, but his quality/ decision making in some good situations were often poor. Interested to hear what others felt.

Overall, great to be in the next round after a potentially tricky tie, and a competitive match to get the sharpness back.

Looked like Saints had been three months without a game, rather than weeks. Second half especially there was no flow at all. Thankfully we got the two goals with a helping hand from Ryan Fulton but not a performance to warm you up on a day like that.

They'd ran out of steak and haggis pies at half time :( 

Thankfully, I had one before kick off :) 

Second half was poor I thought but we're in the hat for the next round which is the most important thing. 

33 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Bit of a Jekyll and Hyde performance from Kane I thought. His workrate, link up play, winning headers and ability to find space in behind were all very good, but his quality/ decision making in some good situations were often poor. Interested to hear what others felt.

Kane isn't good enough, we knew this 5 seasons ago. Only so much persevering you can do tbh.

Just now, ali_91 said:

Normally I’d point out that we can’t have 18 ballers and he’s more than good enough to be a fringe player, but the way Steve Brown is spending his dough I’m not sure that still applies. #stjohnston£

Normally I'd agree we need lesser players to bolster the squad but Kane is starting, that's a problem  imo.

It's obviously not against shite like Dundee and Hamilton but it is against semi decent sides. MOH will obviously take his place when he's fit and we can forget about the ugliest player to play for us since Jackson. Until then I'd rather have Matty playing  off Watt with Danny in the midfield.

Archived