SCR4 - St Johnstone v Hamilton Academical

cdhafc1874

Hoping that the unlikely has happened & Canning has been removed before this one to give Accies half a chance.

More likely that Canning will still be in charge with the resultant easy home win for Saintees to knock Accies out of the cup for another year all but certain.

Away attendance about 150.

Canning out.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For both teams, this has to be the most uninspiring draw possible. I certainly can't think of a less interesting one. 

Saints haven't done anything in this competition since winning it, so hopefully a bit of a run this year. 

Be nice if it was attractively priced but at the end of the day, it's still St Johnstone against Hamilton. 

For both teams, this has to be the most uninspiring draw possible. I certainly can't think of a less interesting one. 
Saints haven't done anything in this competition since winning it, so hopefully a bit of a run this year. 
Be nice if it was attractively priced but at the end of the day, it's still St Johnstone against Hamilton. 
Disagree. Given a rub of the green, we could have a very good cup run. I see this as a massive game for Saints.

I'm excited about this, purely because there hasn't been a game in ages.

We need to win, a decent cup run feels more than achievable the way this squad is playing, and a bit of luck in the draw we could genuinely win it this year, I'd only fear Celtic in the Final. Saying that, we'll lose this 1-0 or something.

Big decisions in midfield. Callachan had a stormer against Dundee, but Davidson rarely sits on the bench. Never quite sure how we'll set up attacking wise either, decision comes to down to where he wants Kennedy to play, and who out of Swanson, McMillan and Kane will join him Watt and Wotherspoon, who's been solid.

If all fit:

Clark

Foster Kerr Shaughnessy Tanser

Alston Davidson Craig Wotherspoon

Kennedy

Watt

Harsh on Callachan; but him, Swanson, Kane, McMillan all capable of coming on and making an impact.  With Nydham back at Ipswich and McLean at Linfield, Scougall told he can leave,  it does leave us a bit light in terms of midfield options. Should mean a place on the bench for Ali McCann. Is Scougall still training with us until he gets a new club, or is he away from the club altogether?

We beat Accies comfortably last time out at McD, but a cup tie straight after a break gives me a bit of a fear, as there could be a bit of rustiness in there for players who haven't played 90 minutes of competitive football for three weeks. That's the one advantage of playing against a team in the same division at least, they're in the same boat.

Be nice to get a good cup run going this season, so any kind of win for us to get the momentum going would do fine.

I’m the opposite of random guy there hasn’t been a game in ages and I still couldn’t give a f**k about watching our latest half arsed 4th round Scottish cup exit.

Kilgallon will be mysteriously injured but then completely fine for Aberdeen on the Wednesday. Imrie will be playing in centre midfield at some point and the accies team will feature 0 new signings.

We will dust ourselves down again for Wednesday.

Well I am looking forward to it. I don't get to many games these days so a trip home to visit Mum for a few days just happens to coincide with the games on Saturday and Wednesday ;) 

Davidson won’t be fit for this, couple of weeks till back according to unofficial twitter.

More worryingly Clark is carrying a knock but expected to train this week. Alston and Gordon the same. Is Mitchell away or injured? Hurts in goals if Clark out?

15 hours ago, Costanza said:

Davidson won’t be fit for this, couple of weeks till back according to unofficial twitter.

More worryingly Clark is carrying a knock but expected to train this week. Alston and Gordon the same. Is Mitchell away or injured? Hurts in goals if Clark out?

I can't remember any announcement Mitchell is away, but Hurst seems to have been the keeper on the bench for the majority of the season, and its the young Stevie May lookalike whos been doing the "third keeper" duties in warm ups.

Archived